New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What is funny is the thought of Davis Jr trying to pay that $550 million dollar fee if his team is selected.

Raiders are morons. If I owned that franchise I'd be talking with the Yorks about splitting the new and empty stadium the 9ers call home.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I just don't see Stan signing a 30 year lease on a stadium he doesn't own , will he want to build his own stadium in St Louis ?
I don't get the narrative of "Stan would want to own the stadium." Stadiums come with ridiculous real estate tax burdens, which is why traditionally NFL owners tend to eschew owning them themselves. He would be best suited to own the land around the stadium and developing it to lease to others, while a public entity not unlike the CVC absorbed the tax burden.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How? There's not a lot of options after that. I doubt he pays half a billion dollars to relocate to Sacramento, or Portland, or Oklahoma City.
Well, I think he might be inferring that Stan can still go rogue..The guidelines say after a team is approved to relocate, they pay the fee...If he moves without permission, does he pay still? It would all figured out in court I guess.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Well, I think he might be inferring that Stan can still go rogue..The guidelines say after a team is approved to relocate, they pay the fee...If he moves without permission, does he pay still? It would all figured out in court I guess.
He's more than welcome to go rogue and move the team, but the NFL is under no obligation to continue sharing revenue or schedule games with an owner who decides he's bigger than the league. They can also fine the everloving f*** out of him - see the Seahawks' brief stint in LA.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
What is funny is the thought of Davis Jr trying to pay that $550 million dollar fee if his team is selected.

Raiders are morons. If I owned that franchise I'd be talking with the Yorks about splitting the new and empty stadium the 9ers call home.

Who knows, recently his "secret investor" came to surface in the form of a man named Ellison. Apparently he's worth tens of billions. Speculation swarmed on whether that's pro OAK or LA. Guess we'll see... eventually.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler

The identity of Davis' private investor was revealed yesterday. I forgot his name, but he's worth north of 50 billion. The link was on Ramstalk, so I can't dig it up.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I don't get the narrative of "Stan would want to own the stadium." Stadiums come with ridiculous real estate tax burdens, which is why traditionally NFL owners tend to eschew owning them themselves. He would be best suited to own the land around the stadium and developing it to lease to others, while a public entity not unlike the CVC absorbed the tax burden.
But if he owns the stadium , all he has to do is hold a couple professional rodeos or a monster truck rally or two during the rest of the year , if he gets his LA stadium , he's also building that smaller multiplex next to the stadium , he can hold all kinds of sporting events in there to more then make up for taxes

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Who knows, recently his "secret investor" came to surface in the form of a man named Ellison. Apparently he's worth tens of billions. Speculation swarmed on whether that's pro OAK or LA. Guess we'll see... eventually.
Ellison is rich like Zoe Saldana is hot.

fearsomefour

Legend
True, Oakland has been the least scumbagish in all of this
I think their fans are a little more understanding toward it. I may be wrong.
In Oakland there really are not other options, that stadium is falling apart. I go there for baseball games every year (which is great with the A's fans). Oakland doesn't have another option really, the others do or have.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame

Well, they won't be hard to spot if they don't filter what they usually say over there. :LOL:

ROD may boom in "new members" in the next few days. :puke:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ellison is rich like Zoe Saldana is hot.

Zoe-Saldana-Allure-Magazine-June-2013-Pictures.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
But if he owns the stadium , all he has to is hold a couple professional rodeos or a monster truck rally or two during the rest of the year , if he gets his LA stadium , he's also building that smaller multiplex next to the stadium , he can hold all kinds of sporting events in there to more then make up for taxes
The first thing I thought was bringing the Mexican national soccer team up to play a couple of times a year....

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
But if he owns the stadium , all he has to is hold a couple professional rodeos or a monster truck rally or two during the rest of the year , if he gets his LA stadium , he's also building that smaller multiplex next to the stadium , he can hold all kinds of sporting events in there to more then make up for taxes
Eh, it's a recurring narrative that owners prefer letting public entities own the stadium for tax purposes and lease them to the owners for chump change. Stan may want to, it's possible, but the economics of stadium ownership are... challenging.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's that, you'd like another? Ok...

zoe-saldana-gotham-sept-2012-6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.