New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMbler

UDFA
Okay then, Person A has a 400 credit score and Person B has a 490 credit score. 490 is still crappy. Is that better? Point is, crappy records are crappy records. No playoffs is no playoffs, no matter how you slice it.

Sorry. Nope. You're comparing the Georgia "leadership" to a 400 credit score. As you wish. But I don't see Stan as a 460 credit score in ANY universe. But if the credit score analogy is going to fly, it's gotta fly like something like this.....

In a marriage, partner A inherits control of the family business after 7 marriages, but thru poor decision making, has a credit score of 400. Partner B has a credit score of 800, but must go along with Partner A's decisions which drags down Partner B's (and the business) credit score to around the 600 range. Partner A dies. Partner B gains control, and must now begin the long process of 'fixing' his credit. Sure, he's gonna look bad for a while. After all Partner A left Partner B with the biggest pile of #### we've ever seen. But eventually, Partner B will clean up the mess..... just takes a little time.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So if Kroenke put the riverfront on blast for being small, having few parking spots, being limited, having few seats, not being a Super Bowl capable site, asking him to pay over 50% of the bill, etc you wouldn't have an problem with that?

Thats the nice version of what Fabriani would say about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In response to the story headlined -- "Football tax revenues don't cover existing debt on Dome, says city budget director" -- stadium task force co-chair Dave Peacock issued a statement:

"The current discussion about the funding of the Dome from hotel taxes or not is not consequential to the RSA’s legal arguments. The RSA’s lawyers are not arguing that a vote is unnecessary because the voters already approved the hotel/motel tax. They are arguing that a vote would violate the RSA statute and the City Charter.

"We have said all along that the city's contribution to a new stadium would come from a combination of existing revenue streams, i.e. extending the $5-million debt service payments currently used for the Dome and the $1-million from the preservation fund payments once they expire in 2024 plus taxes generated by the game day experience.

"On the surface, I do believe the direct taxes from the Rams, the indirect taxes from game days, plus events in the Dome like tractor pulls, plus hotel/restaurant and other taxes generated by those convention goers resulting from having the Dome likely do cover the city Dome payments.

"As to whether that will be true in the new stadium, we don't know enough to say. We know the Dome will generate more revenue for our convention business with the Rams out of the building. We know the Rams exiting the Dome but staying in the market is better than having them leave altogether. We do know a new outdoor stadium positions the city better relative to attracting MLS soccer. We also know that redeveloping the North Riverfront is imperative.

"We have said for quite some time that the city's portion would come from the existing Dome payments being extended plus revenue generated by the game day experience.

"That has not changed. Bottom line, between the State and the City, we should be able to fund the public portion of the proposed new stadium without tax increases."

http://interact.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1118127

Sorry but after this much time, and being the lead man on the project, I would have liked to see more positive assurances coming from Peacock. Things like "on the surface", "we don't know enough to say", and "we should be able to fund the public portion" don't tell me that they know the funding is solid. Do they not have numbers to support their funding plan? I suppose they still have until August but I would like to know what is the hold up on getting your lead man the info that allows him to make more positive statements when the single biggest obstacle to the Riverfront stadium is apparently the financial breakdown.

tonyl711

Starter
Terrible analogy. 400 to 460 credit score is still the SAME person. Georgia dies to Stanley buys.... are 2 completely different people.... in every possible way...., but especially when it comes to business.
2 completely different people, same results, lol, you know alot of people would be happy just to reach 500, how sad is that?
and how was the corporate support for the first 13 seasons here, before they started the worst 5 year stretch in NFL history?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Again, Spanos at least gives the perception of willing to negotiate, whether its to save face or comply with "Exhaust ALL options" per the relocation rules..

Some people may be okay with Kroenke handling it the way he has - Me personally? I don't think there's anyway to spin an owner flat out ignoring the city - that makes his intention's clear, let alone the crap he is pulling with the fan base.

People keep pointing out Spanos trashing the deal - yet, I don't think there's anything said that's been untrue..nor is he doing things to destroy his fan base...

yea, I'd prefer to have an owner who atleast gives the perception of an open mind and/or willing to negotiate than one who is completely closed off while doing things to alienate his fan base.
So when a girl lets you buy her drinks and then slams the door on your advances, you prefer that to just smiling and looking the other way? Y'know... as long as we're throwing out bad analogies and all. :cool:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
lol, me too, me and old school are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
Yeah man. It was not an attempt to belittle what you were saying. Just a weak attempt at humor. Hope it at least gave you a smirk. I think we need to maybe poke a little fun at virtually all the arguments going on here.

So to everybody...

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I'd rather have an owner do that on his own instead of having to be nudged/forced from the Commissioner. I think that's about as transparent as you can get

And while people blast Fabiani for their remarks about the issues - no one has shown anything to prove their complaints are without merit

How do you know that's true or that the same situation didn't happen in San Diego? Has Dean address the media this year and say anything about relocation?

He deleted the tweet from yesterday calling the effort by the mayor as political cover but here's another. You can also go back to February when he said that the Chargers were agnostic in terms of a site. Go read Fabiani's book Masters of Disasters and you will understand how he operates. He attacks the opposition and creates cionfusion

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry. Nope. You're comparing the Georgia "leadership" to a 400 credit score. As you wish. But I don't see Stan as a 460 credit score in ANY universe. But if the credit score analogy is going to fly, it's gotta fly like something like this.....

In a marriage, partner A inherits control of the family business after 7 marriages, but thru poor decision making, has a credit score of 400. Partner B has a credit score of 800, but must go along with Partner A's decisions which drags down Partner B's (and the business) credit score to around the 600 range. Partner A dies. Partner B gains control, and must now begin the long process of 'fixing' his credit. Sure, he's gonna look bad for a while. After all Partner A left Partner B with the biggest pile of #### we've ever seen. But eventually, Partner B will clean up the mess..... just takes a little time.
I must say... not bad.

bluecoconuts

Legend
how was the corporate support for the first 13 seasons here, before they started the worst 5 year stretch in NFL history?

That's the billion dollar question.

Although I read for the first 10 years any unsold seats had to be purchased by the city (not sure how true that is) so it might be from 2005 to present.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's about time we heard a rebuttal from Peacock.
Did his response work for you? Not poking fun here. I honestly found it a little less than what I'd hoped for the time he has put in and the fact that he is the lead man. But being from St Louis, what did you make of it?

MrMotes

Starter
You convienently ignored the Rams going 2-14 in 2011 under Stan's watch.

Well i guess he could've fired Spagnulo after his 2nd season with the Rams winning 7 games, but that would've been a little ridiculous, no?

iced

How do you know that's true or that the same situation didn't happen in San Diego? Has Dean address the media this year and say anything about relocation?

I don't recall the SD task force having to complain the NFL about Spanos's reluctance to answer back, let alone Goodell having to publicly addressing it...

You can also go back to February when he said that the Chargers were agnostic in terms of a site. Go read Fabiani's book Masters of Disasters and you will understand how he operates. He attacks the opposition and creates cionfusion

it was also mentioned when the Chargers gave their proposal, even before it was made public, "It wouldn't be that well received by the NFL" - and no it wasn't from spanos or fabiani

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I don't recall the SD task force having to complain the NFL about Spanos's reluctance to answer back, let alone Goodell talking about it...

Peacock hasn't said that.

Grubman has also said that Demoff is at the meetings and that's enough for the NFL

iced

Peacock hasn't said that.

Grubman has also said that Demoff is at the meetings and that's enough for the NFL

uh yes he has - it is more than well documented at this Point Peacock has stated that Kroenke has been refusing to talk to the task force, and only after Goodell had addressed it when was we started hearing From Demoff.

Call it what you want - I don't hear any other task forces that are describing teams "as unwilling to return phone calls", unlike Spanos and Davis. They gave the perception they were willing from the get go; hell you could argue for the past 14 years - you can't say the same for Kroenke, who is "hell bent on getting to LA" and is "going to build a stadium regardless."

Does that sound like someone who is negotiating to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.