New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
GRASSY-KNOLL.jpg

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Is it evil of me to hope that if we pull off an upset and keep the Rams here that I never hear the words Los and Angeles again? I don't want to be petty, but can't the world and the media go at least one day without rubbing the salt?

Just one, where I can enjoy a draft weekend in peace. That's all I ask.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Fred Roggin (NBC) last evening discussed the Carson project on the nightly news in that 'big city out west'. He played a tape of an interview with Carson Mayor Albert Robles who responded affirmatively to the question, "Could the Carson stadium project be a smoke screen?" The tone of the Mayors voice was that of a kid confessing after he got caught stealing a candy bar.
The @TheBeast980 interview will apparently run the at 3 StL time.

Also the Carson is willing to sell the land to the project for something like $2 per acre. Now that is a killer deal for that much methane lol.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Not sure this has anything to do with the Rams, but saw this on ESPN this morning. Kroenke owns 67% of Arsenal, and looks like he might be selling??

http://www.espnfc.com/arsenal/story...africa-richest-man-still-plans-to-buy-arsenal
Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote wants to buy, no word Kroenke wants to sell.
"Dangote said: "We have $16 billion-worth of investments in the next few years. Right now I want to take my own business to a certain level. Once I finish on that trajectory, then maybe" an offer will follow."
Sounds like he's still saving up.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
More from Carson.

“The NFL, the Chargers and Raiders came to us at the end of last year expressing interest in this land,” said Robles. “Only then did we consider their project. We were on schedule to build a massive retail mixed-use commercial project on that site. That was already planned, whether the NFL was coming or not. That still is our backup plan.”

All of this will be put before the Carson City Council on Tuesday night. If the Carson stadium is not built and both franchises stay home or move elsewhere, the city will not be completely in the wind. That multi-use commercial project they had set up as a backup plan?

“We got an additional quarter of a million dollar commitment from the Chargers and Raiders to fund that backup plan," Robles said

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/spo...ontaminated-Land-302480301.html#ixzz3ZHZwpIU5

If the NFL went to Carson with the Charaiders that's a tell.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not sure this has anything to do with the Rams, but saw this on ESPN this morning. Kroenke owns 67% of Arsenal, and looks like he might be selling??

http://www.espnfc.com/arsenal/story...africa-richest-man-still-plans-to-buy-arsenal

Sounds like Aliko Dangote is just thinking about making an offer Kroenke can't refuse (buying them for a price well more than what they're worth). I don't think he's looking to sell, but anyone can be convinced if the price is high enough.

Although I did hear that Kroenke bought more land in Los Angeles, spent about 115 million for 6 acres of shopping centers.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Sounds like Aliko Dangote is just thinking about making an offer Kroenke can't refuse (buying them for a price well more than what they're worth). I don't think he's looking to sell, but anyone can be convinced if the price is high enough.

Although I did hear that Kroenke bought more land in Los Angeles, spent about 115 million for 6 acres of shopping centers.

I could have bought my own county for that. My family's farm was sold under a mil and it was 200 acres. A depressing day that was.:cry:

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD

Agreed on the first part. Where did you read about the 2nd? Do you remember where that land is? The sound of it has ESK building on his west coast portfolio.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
I could have bought my own county for that. My family's farm was sold under a mil and it was 200 acres. A depressing day that was.:cry:
Bummer about your families farm. That had to hurt. Sorry bro.

It's so true, R.E./ land prices in California are ridiculous. I own 2 houses down near Newport Beach and each are valued at over $1.5mm and the lots are only 3,000 sq feet each. Nice ocean views but pricey. Glad I bought long ago.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Agreed on the first part. Where did you read about the 2nd? Do you remember where that land is? The sound of it has ESK building on his west coast portfolio.

http://labusinessjournal.com/news/2015/apr/30/kroenke-adds-l-area-portfolio/

St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke’s Kroenke Group, a Columbia, Mo., real estate investor and developer, acquired a portfolio of five retail properties in the San Fernando Valley last month for $115 million.

The firm purchased the five Northridge shopping centers, totaling 268,362 square feet, from New York investment firm Angelo Gordon & Co. At $429 a square foot, the deal surpassed the $387-a-square-foot average sale price for retail properties in the Valley, according to CoStar.

The portfolio consists of 19320, 19350 and 19324-19352 Nordhoff St., and 8941-8959 and 9001 Tampa Ave. All of the properties were between 76 percent and 100 percent leased at the time of the sale. Tenants include Lane Bryant Inc., 24 Hour Fitness, Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and Petsmart Inc.

Eastdil Secured represented the seller in the sale, and did not respond to requests for comment. Representatives of Kroenke Group, which represented itself in the transaction, did not respond to requests for comment. Angelo Gordon & Co. also did not respond to requests for comment.

Kroenke’s plans for the properties are unclear. Long before he became a National Football League owner, the bread and butter of Kroenke’s estimated $6.3 billion fortune was made developing shopping centers and warehouses across the country, many of them anchored by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (Kroenke is married to a niece of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton.)

Kroenke is already heavily invested in Los Angeles. He owns a home in Malibu and, more recently, bought a 60-acre site in Inglewood from Wal-Mart and is partnering with the developers of Hollywood Park on a proposed $1.86 billion football stadium on the joined sites.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Thanks bluecoconuts. The 'valley" is inland from his Malibu home. Also the birthplace of, "Oh my gawd, gag me with a spoon" valley girl talk. Well,Northridge is a bit further north.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Bummer about your families farm. That had to hurt. Sorry bro.

It's so true, R.E./ land prices in California are ridiculous. I own 2 houses down near Newport Beach and each are valued at over $1.5mm and the lots are only 3,000 sq feet each. Nice ocean views but pricey. Glad I bought long ago.

Wasn't so much the selling, it's how it came about. Both Grandparents had back to back home health and nursing home stays. Then when they passed my aunt suddenly thought that she should able to just take over and add it to her farm. She was actually shocked when my dad, who actually ran the farm, wanted to know if she had thought of him. Long story short, she forced a sell and it ended up going 3,000 or so an acre underpriced. It's half subdivision now, half rich guys motorcycle playground.

Sell those houses and retire early my friend! You could buy an island like Oprah.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Wasn't so much the selling, it's how it came about. Both Grandparents had back to back home health and nursing home stays. Then when they passed my aunt suddenly thought that she should able to just take over and add it to her farm. She was actually shocked when my dad, who actually ran the farm, wanted to know if she had thought of him. Long story short, she forced a sell and it ended up going 3,000 or so an acre underpriced. It's half subdivision now, half rich guys motorcycle playground.

Sell those houses and retire early my friend! You could buy an island like Oprah.

I've been thinking about it. At least one. I am in a fortunate capital gains situation as well. That said I can get around $8 to $10 K per month off vacation rentals which make for good cash flow and tax write-offs. Can't buy much worth giving up what I have for under $2 mm.

I've been through a few probates and executor-ships and the worst part is how divisive money can get among family members. It's really sad and I hope their relationship is repairable.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I've been thinking about it. At least one. I am in a fortunate capital gains situation as well. That said I can get around $8 to $10 K per month off vacation rentals which make for good cash flow and tax write-offs. If I sold though, you can't but that much around here for a couple million.

I've been through a few probates and executor-ships and the worst part is how divisive money can get among family members. It's really sad. I hope their relationship is repairable.

Or you could just let me borrow it for free because you're such a nice guy, and you like me so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.