New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I thought the narrative there was that they were working together to spite Stan. If they're actual family friends I think that would make it unlikely one would get in bed with Stan in Inglewood unless the other were to secure his own stadium in his home market.

Besides it was "reported" like it was a huge deal.
Your version is considerably less fun. :)

Haha, I remember an article that said Al Davis and Spanos were close friends, used to sit next each other in the owners meeting. I'm sure Marky isn't as close, but they're probably still friends.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
They took them both down, but c'mon... the site went up after the Rams moved.

Los Angeles was always a vacated city, so the idea that Los Angeles solely comes up as the Los Angeles Rams, but not the Los Angeles Raiders or the Los Angeles Chargers (both legacy teams) doesn't make much sense. Especially in the Raiders case since they moved at the same time.

I dunno if that was up all along or if someone just checked and found it, but good grief.

I honestly don't know what will happen and I have no skin in the game. I'm a former Angeleno living in Florida so where they play only means anything to my keyboard.

I see both sides and I feel for both fans. I know what it's like to lose a team... to lose the Rams, even.

I'm at the point now where I just want them to win. St. Louis, Los Angeles, San Antonio, London... Shanghai... Lunar Base Kennedy...

Just want those Lombardi Trophies... plural...

iced

Seeing as how they have Phoenix Cardinals one still on there, I wouldn't worry about it

bluecoconuts

Legend
Maybe a lil hint about where there going?

Nah, the guys who run the website will probably be some of the last to know. While they probably have or will have a code to quickly insert to update the Chargers, Raiders or Rams if/when they move, I can't imagine this means anything. Just people looking for news.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
Seeing as how they have Phoenix Cardinals one still on there, I wouldn't worry about it
It's a historic sight. Look at the home field it's Anaheim. It's really amazing or you can say pathetic that reporters look at anything to say yes or no for relocation.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/04/nfl-explains-l-a-rams-website/

NFL explains “Los Angeles Rams” web page
Posted by Mike Florio on May 4, 2015

4595015741.jpg
Getty Images

As a trio of NFL franchises slowly circle Los Angeles, a now-removed quirk in the league’s official website suggested that at least one of them will eventually land there. The NFL claims there’s nothing to it.

Via Joe Holleman of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the NFL says that a “Los Angeles Rams” page arises from a glitch in the website that assigns teams to cities that used to have teams.

“It’s a bug in the system that, when you manipulate the URL, will pull up a legacy team from that city if no current one exists,” NFL spokesman Alex Riethmiller told Holleman.

So by putting in “LA” as the search term, a page emerged for the Los Angeles Rams. That page has since been removed.

“The same error occurs if you change the URL to ‘BOS.’ In that case, a Boston Patriots page will show up with New England Patriots content,” Riethmiller said.

The St. Louis task force charged with solving the team’s stadium problem locally accepts the NFL’s version of the events.

‘We’re perfectly satisfied with the explanation and appreciate that they reached out to us,” said a statement from the task force.

The explanation appears to be legitimate. Using the code “PHO” returns a page for the Phoenix Cardinals.

But the glitch has its limits. Inserting “POT” unfortunately does not return a page for the Pottsville Maroons.

iced

It's a historic sight. Look at the home field it's Anaheim. It's really amazing or you can say pathetic that reporters look at anything to say yes or no for relocation.

I didn't say it was pathetic - I'm speaking purely from an IT point of view. And this explanation makes a ton of sense
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/04/nfl-explains-l-a-rams-website/

NFL explains “Los Angeles Rams” web page
Posted by Mike Florio on May 4, 2015

4595015741.jpg
Getty Images

As a trio of NFL franchises slowly circle Los Angeles, a now-removed quirk in the league’s official website suggested that at least one of them will eventually land there. The NFL claims there’s nothing to it.

Via Joe Holleman of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the NFL says that a “Los Angeles Rams” page arises from a glitch in the website that assigns teams to cities that used to have teams.

“It’s a bug in the system that, when you manipulate the URL, will pull up a legacy team from that city if no current one exists,” NFL spokesman Alex Riethmiller told Holleman.

So by putting in “LA” as the search term, a page emerged for the Los Angeles Rams. That page has since been removed.

“The same error occurs if you change the URL to ‘BOS.’ In that case, a Boston Patriots page will show up with New England Patriots content,” Riethmiller said.

The St. Louis task force charged with solving the team’s stadium problem locally accepts the NFL’s version of the events.

‘We’re perfectly satisfied with the explanation and appreciate that they reached out to us,” said a statement from the task force.

The explanation appears to be legitimate. Using the code “PHO” returns a page for the Phoenix Cardinals.

But the glitch has its limits. Inserting “POT” unfortunately does not return a page for the Pottsville Maroons.

Status
Not open for further replies.