New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
Anyone else feel like the tide is actually turning toward St Louis and the Inglewood project is both a fall back and a driving force?

Give it a week and the pendulum will swing back in the other direction. ;)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
You make it sound as if part of training camp will be in Oxnard. Not the case. They will be doing a joint practice with the Cowboys for 4 days, that's it. They are also looking at practicing with the Colts, but of course this Oxnard thing is being spun into a big deal.

You want the Rams to come to LA, so you interpret things differently, which is fine.

I hope they stay in STL as much as anyone, but there's no way this is an innocent coincidence and the Rams just want to practice. The team may want to practice, but the ownership is drumming support.

I find it very hard to believe no one knew how this would be interpreted, or that no other team/location could have been used.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
I hope they stay in STL as much as anyone, but there's no way this is an innocent coincidence and the Rams just want to practice. The team may want to practice, but the ownership is drumming support.

I find it very hard to believe no one knew how this would be interpreted, or that no other team/location could have been used.

Of course this is not a coincidence. Stan is going to keep the pressure on STL until the very end. Stan is going to continue to build support for the Rams in the event that they do move. If they don't move then there is a chance that the Rams could play a division game once a year in LA and he wants to keep a foothold in that market. There is no downside for him in this move and guaranteed it was done on purpose.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Of course this is not a coincidence. Stan is going to keep the pressure on STL until the very end. Stan is going to continue to build support for the Rams in the event that they do move. If they don't move then there is a chance that the Rams could play a division game once a year in LA and he wants to keep a foothold in that market. There is no downside for him in this move and guaranteed it was done on purpose.
Other then turning the knife already deep in the hearts of StL Rams fans. Odd during open lame duck season.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

It's just another example of Stan positioning himself to get the best deal possible.

Getting all bent out of shape over this before an announcement of a move is made isn't helping keep them in STL. That's why I don't understand people that won't buy tickets this year. I'll understand season tickets, because it's a huge investment if all the team is going to do is throw games this year to drop fan support.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
No doubt this is a win for Stan. At the end of the day, I still believe that as long as St. Louis does its part, the Rams are going nowhere so the fact that they may practice a few days in Oxnard with the Cowboys means shit to me. If this is indeed for the LA fans, then it's a good play because the fans in that city will likely remain fans regardless of where the Rams play.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Also, don't the Cowgirls have TC in Oxnard every year? Wouldn't this constitute a non-story, unless you're looking for something?

iced

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
yep, and how quickly people forget about the Titans playing us in Practice..

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/sto...lare-as-fights-mar-titans-rams-joint-practice

I knew that slick bastard was up to something when he was practicing with us still Coach of the Titans!! Jeff fisher has been trying to be Rams Head Coach all along!

I'm going to try to ask JT at his next chat who's idea it was. There may be some collusion between Jerry and Stan, but I think it's more on the order of stirring the pot.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
They do. and they have to play somebody.

Also, don't the Cowgirls have TC in Oxnard every year? Wouldn't this constitute a non-story, unless you're looking for something?

Yes we have to play somebody and 2015 is the year we choose the Jerry Jones owned Cowboys in SoCal. Stan's most vocal supporter and the place he wants to be. Of course it's a story, why else do you think we agreed to it?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Normally I wouldn't bat an eye at a Cowboys/Rams practice, but given everything else that is going on, and that they're doing it with the Cowboys in Oxnard instead of St Louis, then it begins to be more than a "non story"

It doesn't mean that they're definitely moving, but it certainly wasn't by mistake, Kroenke knows what he's doing, and he knows there's going to be a large group of Rams fans there. More than St Louis training camp? Doubtful, but large enough for him to smile knowing he has another bullet for when it's time to vote.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yes we have to play somebody and 2015 is the year we choose the Jerry Jones owned Cowboys in SoCal. Stan's most vocal supporter and the place he wants to be. Of course it's a story, why else do you think we agreed to it?
I have no doubt it was intended to - as Chris put it - stir the pot. But it also fits in the schedule and I'm going to guess that we are not done with things like this that are designed to keep the heat on MO to get all their ducks in a row yesterday and come with their best offer to Stan. Keep in mind, we still don't actually know what that offer will be and I don't think Stan does either. But I have to say that if I were Stan, I would be trying everything to make sure both option A and B are to my liking.

You may not think the Rams are staying but no one knows really - maybe not even Stan or the rest of the NFL. As long as there is still time left on the clock, don't be surprised if the players keep playing.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Parking, concessions, exposure. For those 4 days, it's going to be a packed house of Rams fans.
Parking is only $10 and it's free if you stay at an Oxnard hotel. They serve food at training camp? Cool didn't know that.

I think this benefits Stan more than anything. I mean $10 parking and food would be chump change for jerry. Seeing a bunch of Rams fans in attendance would only strengthen the LA move IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.