New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I haven't gotten that feeling, what makes you say that?
I don't think I can really put a finger on it. Maybe it is because I have had this feeling all along that Stan wasn't going to sit back and let others dictate the situation. I still lean on the FACT that he worked pretty damn hard to bring the NFL to St Louis and in maybe a small way, moving the team back to LA might feel like a failure on his part. I also just get this feeling that setting up Oxnard as a possible practice site is possibly another last ditch effort to stoke the fire. I don't think he'd care really if it was a foregone conclusion that the team was moving to LA. More so really I would think he would want to calm the seas for the 2015 season to keep it from being a lame duck season.

Again - just a feeling and nothing solid to back it up.

iced

Anyone else feel like the tide is actually turning toward St Louis and the Inglewood project is both a fall back and a driving force?

honestly been learing in the back of my head from the get go- it maximizes his deal in St.Louis (how serious is the city now compared to during arbitration?); while helping 2 other owners do the same thing or expedite their move to LA... he's also the only owner of the 3 that has never publicly said anything about moving too..

kinda makes you think when you hear the owners/NFL say "we're not gonna do whats best for 1 owner but for all 32 owners"

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
honestly been learing in the back of my head from the get go- it maximizes his deal in St.Louis (how serious is the city now compared to during arbitration?); while helping 2 other owners do the same thing or expedite their move to LA... he's also the only owner of the 3 that has never publicly said anything about moving too..

kinda makes you think when you hear the owners/NFL say "we're not gonna do whats best for 1 owner but for all 32 owners"
Yeah - that has always been there for me too. He could be driving the building of two or three new stadiums and the NFL then gets exactly what it wants.

We all know Stan can do other things with that property - hell - even build it for the top soccer facility in the nation to compete with some in Europe and Brazil. He could be known as THE guy in US professional soccer.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Anyone else feel like the tide is actually turning toward St Louis and the Inglewood project is both a fall back and a driving force?
I've kind of always felt the ball was in St. Louis' court. Though I mentally have it in my mind that a move is very much possible in order to prevent possible disappointment, I have always believed if the financing gets done the team isn't going anywhere. Whatever the outcome is, I won't be surprised.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
As far as the whole Cowboys practice thing Fisher has practiced with the boys while with the Titans as well.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yeah - that has always been there for me too. He could be driving the building of two or three new stadiums and the NFL then gets exactly what it wants.

We all know Stan can do other things with that property - hell - even build it for the top soccer facility in the nation to compete with some in Europe and Brazil. He could be known as THE guy in US professional soccer.

If he's driving the building of multiple stadiums he's doing a piss poor job. SD and Oakland aren't any closer to building their teams stadiums and the only one even feasible is going on top of a toxic waste dump. I think he stays only if the owners vote no. Then he'll just move into his new stadium here and curse Inglewood with a new Super Wally World complete with 52 registers and 1 employee.

Problem is, I don't think they say no.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't think I can really put a finger on it. Maybe it is because I have had this feeling all along that Stan wasn't going to sit back and let others dictate the situation. I still lean on the FACT that he worked pretty damn hard to bring the NFL to St Louis and in maybe a small way, moving the team back to LA might feel like a failure on his part. I also just get this feeling that setting up Oxnard as a possible practice site is possibly another last ditch effort to stoke the fire. I don't think he'd care really if it was a foregone conclusion that the team was moving to LA. More so really I would think he would want to calm the seas for the 2015 season to keep it from being a lame duck season.

Again - just a feeling and nothing solid to back it up.

Ah, I gotcha. I don't really feel like much has moved in the past few weeks, although I don't really think Kroenke's actions say leverage either. The past few weeks, there really hasn't been much change, Inglewood is still where they are, and St Louis still has the same obstacles to overcome, and in fact the biggest obstacle has gotten murkier. It seems that St Louis is fine with standing pat on where they are, I don't think they want to really change much, possibly due to the financing issues. Which is fine, but if Stan is trying to get more from St Louis, he's doing a pretty poor job of that, and I don't think you amass the type of fortune he has by not being a good negotiator. I also don't think he's worried about a lame duck season, attendance probably wont take much of a dip because he's been smart enough to not say anything (so if he is intent on moving, fans will still buy the ticket in hopes they can sway him), plus they're already near the bottom of the league in attendance. Leaving St Louis might make him feel like a failure, but bringing the NFL back to LA can, and probably would, make up for any shortcomings there.

I'm not really sure how things will all play out, I wouldn't be shocked if the Rams stay, and I would be happy if they did. I'm just not convinced that LA is more of a bluff than it's not, and that he's really intent on doing everything he can to stay in St Louis. I think that at this point, LA is his first choice, but he's willing to remain in St Louis if things don't shake out as he wishes. He left himself wiggle room, as all smart businessmen do, but ultimately if the NFL gives him a nod of approval he'll go, and the NFL probably gives him the nod regardless of what happens on any of the home fronts if they feel it is best for them.

Long post short, I don't think much has changed in the past few weeks, and until financing is done or shovels hit dirt, I probably wont think anything really has changed. When I say financing is done, I don't mean "Yeah, we're gonna pay for this and the NFL and Stan pays for this part" I mean no shit, everyone is good to go and they're ready to start building. Kroenke has to say yes for financing to be done. Honestly if it's true that he's pissed about how early talks went, I don't know if he'll agree to it. Why lock yourself in a long term contract with a group of people who failed to live up to their side once already, and has already pissed you off at the negotiating table before?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
As far as the whole Cowboys practice thing Fisher has practiced with the boys while with the Titans as well.

Did he do it when the Titans were moving? There simply no way to equate this to any other situation in recent times. No one forced us to go to SoCal, it seems almost naive to believe that no one noticed this "coincidence."

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Why lock yourself in a long term contract with a group of people who failed to live up to their side once already, and has already pissed you off at the negotiating table before?

Actually, it's only the CVC who pissed him off. (I don't know why, do we believe he's never backed out of a lease or situation that wasn't feasible for him? I don't.) Neither he or anyone his staff has actually tried to negotiate with someone who has any authority on building a new stadium. Before Peacock anyway. No plans, no demands. The CVC is only a board that governs the EJD. That would be like negotiating with your old apartment manager about the new house you are building down the street.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Actually, it's only the CVC who pissed him off. (I don't know why, do we believe he's never backed out of a lease or situation that wasn't feasible for him? I don't.) Neither he or anyone his staff has actually tried to negotiate with someone who has any authority on building a new stadium. Before Peacock anyway. No plans, no demands. The CVC is only a board that governs the EJD. That would be like negotiating with your old apartment manager about the new house you are building down the street.

Peacock is doing the legwork, but they said that the Sports Authority (AKA the CVC) will be who owns and operates the Riverfront stadium.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Did he do it when the Titans were moving? There simply no way to equate this to any other situation in recent times. No one forced us to go to SoCal, it seems almost naive to believe that no one noticed this "coincidence."
There's a lot of hardcore fans on this board and don't want the Rams to leave STL so they interpret things differently, which is fine.

If Stan announces he has a deal in place with a temporary stadium either the rose bowl or colosseum in the upcoming months, some might say well its not a big deal.

The Rams training in Oxnard is not a big deal. They do it all the time.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
It really isn't a big deal. A bit of a dick move, but not a big deal.
If this was 3 years ago I would of said the same " it's not a big deal". Some already think Stan is a dick long before this happened. This is not a dick move, this is a move to promote the Rams in LA. Anyone else that doesn't see that is dilisuonal.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Peacock is doing the legwork, but they said that the Sports Authority (AKA the CVC) will be who owns and operates the Riverfront stadium.

Operates. Not builds, secures financing, approves, etc. They are the property management company in my previous apartment analogy.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Operates. Not builds, secures financing, approves, etc. They are the property management company in my previous apartment analogy.

Yeah, operates means that when it's time for upgrades and other yearly/daily issues he's gotta deal with them instead of someone else.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yeah, operates means that when it's time for upgrades and other yearly/daily issues he's gotta deal with them instead of someone else.

I find it hard to believe that would have any bearing on negotiations for a new stadium.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I get the feeling the NFL wants everyone to think otherwise. They will determine the outcome, however, none of us knows what's going on behind closed doors?

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
There's a lot of hardcore fans on this board and don't want the Rams to leave STL so they interpret things differently, which is fine.

If Stan announces he has a deal in place with a temporary stadium either the rose bowl or colosseum in the upcoming months, some might say well its not a big deal.

The Rams training in Oxnard is not a big deal. They do it all the time.
You make it sound as if part of training camp will be in Oxnard. Not the case. They will be doing a joint practice with the Cowboys for 4 days, that's it. They are also looking at practicing with the Colts, but of course this Oxnard thing is being spun into a big deal.

You want the Rams to come to LA, so you interpret things differently, which is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.