New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Get him to sign a legit bet signing over the Cowboys to you if he loses and see how confident he is in the move.
Sounds great. I could trade away any good players to the Rams and simultaneously make the cowgirls totally suck and pull two teams worth of players to make the Rams great. Come on JJ - I'll bet you a life time supply of BBQ against your assertions.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Lol

That's how Stan operates.

The thing with Carson is why do parades and lame stuff like that. We all know how this is going to go. The city council will approve in a month or so. We just saw the same thing happen in Inglewood. So why make all this noise. That little girl dancing and all, cmon that's wrong. Those people are getting fooled. It's wrong and pathetic.
Getting fooled how? I don't get it. Do they not have a chance at gaining two NFL franchises?

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I heard they had a parade, it's very weird how they're acting though. Very different from Inglewood, very dog and pony show.

It is all gamesmanship...even Stan is on it- look at the timing on the release of information. One side does something then the other side replies and so on....this is in response to stan releasing the stadium plans...which were in response to something else...and so on. It is all meant to drive the bidding war and get whomever the best deal or weaken the other side....

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Getting fooled how? I don't get it. Do they not have a chance at gaining two NFL franchises?
IMO, I think Carson is a big bluff. Therefore the little girl and the people in Carson are going to get fooled. The Carson project is Swiss cheese. IMO

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Now I can say without doubt that yours is wishful thinking as most of your posts are laced with LA bias. Not saying the Inglewood stadium won't get done, but "If the Chargers and Raiders move to LA, they're going to play in the Inglewood stadium Stan is building. No matter what that stadium is going to get built"? Stop it, dude. Try to have a little objectivity when it comes to this thing. If that stadium doesn't get done somehow you're going to fall on your ass really hard because you're way up in the clouds. Regardless of how small it is, there is a chance that the LA stadium doesn't go through Kroenke.
If I fall from the clouds and land on my ass it will Bc of the Cali green I've been inhaling.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
IMO, I think Carson is a big bluff. Therefore the little girl and the people in Carson are going to get fooled. The Carson project is Swiss cheese. IMO
Yeah - I agree with this. There is just too much frosting and not enough cake.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It is all gamesmanship...even Stan is on it- look at the timing on the release of information. One side does something then the other side replies and so on....this is in response to stan releasing the stadium plans...which were in response to something else...and so on. It is all meant to drive the bidding war and get whomever the best deal or weaken the other side....

Yeah, I get that, it's just weird how the city of Carson is acting. Parades, etc. San Diego and the Chargers are getting into a bit of a smear campaign, I get that too.

It's more how Carson itself is acting. The video is good evidence of that, it's just dumb.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
But how would it be a big bluff? I guess if the Chargers organization is using them to get a stadium deal done in San Diego, but that doesn't appear to be the case. They are pretty much ignoring the task force there and they are lining up things in Carson. The fact that Goldman Sachs is helping out adds to the belief that it's more than a bluff, IMO.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
But how would it be a big bluff? I guess if the Chargers organization is using them to get a stadium deal done in San Diego, but that doesn't appear to be the case. They are pretty much ignoring the task force there and they are lining up things in Carson. The fact that Goldman Sachs is helping out adds to the belief that it's more than a bluff, IMO.
I'm just going with the flow. The majority of people that comment on this stadium saga think Carson is a bluff and I'm not talking about this board. Im talking about it nationwide. No one believes Carson is going to happen expect the people in Carson.

Although the idea of the Chargers playing in LA is real but just not in Carson.

As fas as lining up things. I'll buy that when they buy the land. Again Ill sing a different tune if that happens but as far as now it hasn't but it could all change. Even if Carson does happen, maybe the Rams play in Carson too. As long they move here I'm happy.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I'm starting to get the feeling, and this is my own opinion that Stan may sell the Rams to a local ownership group. If what is being reported is correct and the state legislature will not stop the stadium funding from happening then the NFL will be obligated to keep the Rams in St. Louis. If that's the case, Stan poisoned his St. Louis well already. Besides if he wants to own a team in LA he might be able to buy out the partners of Mark Davis and then move the Raiders. I don't think Stan Kroenke wants to own the "St. Louis" Rams anymore

I don't believe he wants to sell the Rams. Buying and or selling an NFL team is a lot harder than buying or selling a car. It takes thousands of hours for your legal team to put a sale together. That's not cheap. Stan is still under water or upside down if you will in regards to any profit from his purchase of the Rams. I think he desperately wants to move the Rams back to LA. Weather he can do it or not remains to be seen but I believe the league wants a team back in LA as well. The league also wants that team to be successful from day one. They know the Rams already have a strong LA fan base. In my opinion it's a slam dunk. Haven't anyone here noticed that many items of Rams gear for the last few seasons have been missing something? Like St Louis.....

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Like this?
thumb.aspx

Or this?
thumb.aspx

thumb.aspx
Maybe this?

Certainly not this!

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I'm just going with the flow. The majority of people that comment on this stadium saga think Carson is a bluff and I'm not talking about this board. Im talking about it nationwide. No one believes Carson is going to happen expect the people in Carson.

Although the idea of the Chargers playing in LA is real but just not in Carson.

As fas as lining up things. I'll buy that when they buy the land. Again Ill sing a different tune if that happens but as far as now it hasn't but it could all change. Even if Carson does happen, maybe the Rams play in Carson too. As long they move here I'm happy.
The majority of people think Carson is a bluff? I think there are a number of people who think this but I'm not so certain the majority thinks this. I think the end game for the Chargers is to be in LA and from the things being floated around (articles, etc) it's not to share a stadium with the Rams. So the Chargers and Raiders came together to come up with this huge bluff so each can get stadium deals in their respective cities. Carson may or may not happen but I think the Chargers are for real about this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.