New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Maybe. But, both logic and the path of least resistance is keep the Rams in the Lou and move the Chargers and Raiders. Also, remember that the Chargers said they could feasibly do Carson by themselves.
If the Chargers could do it alone in LA then why haven't they all these years? And they're not doing it alone they're doing it with the help of Goldman NutSachs

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
It's still an opinion, is the point. It isn't fact. Never said the opinion is wrong as there isn't such a thing. There are also many who have the opinion that if the Stl Stadium is built, the Rams won't move. Does it make it correct? Nope, but it is something that can happen.
So true. It's all opinion until a vote. I guess we can figure out his vote.
Man, to be a fly on the wall in those meetings. That fly could tell us what is going on. Until that fly chimes in I guess we'll have to take the opinion of a human that was also in the room. lol I know JJ a human? OK, I digress.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
“That stadium is going to get built," Jones told Acee. "I know that. I don’t know about any others, but that stadium will be built.”

A quote that may rank up there with his famous promise the the NFL will be back in LA within 5 years after the Rams and Raiders left.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
A quote that may rank up there with his famous promise the the NFL will be back in LA within 5 years after the Rams and Raiders left.
I can't find a link for that famous quote, although I wouldn't be surprised he said it. He seems rather bullish on LA.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Jerry Jones and his bold "predictions."

Stan and his "I'm an honorable man, you know me, my actions blah blah."

Basically when these owners open their mouths, shit rolls out.

Oh and Spanos and his "I so want to be in SD, I just need a handout or two."

bluecoconuts

Legend
I can't say for sure the Rams are moving but I could say the Inglewood stadium is going to get built. Stan has bought the land, payed the Inglewood city council money, payed the designers money, and no he hasn't payed a video edit guy to render a stadium and make a video like how carson did. He payed real money to the designers. That's a big difference.

The people involved in the stadium are saying that they're going to build this thing no matter what. The Carson stadium is only going to get build if only a team commits, similar to the riverfront stadium.

They're literally moving dirt and preparing to break ground as soon as they get the permits. Permits aren't free.

As of right now 3/31/15. The only stadium in the city's of SD,OAK,STL,Carson and Inglewood that is in the process of getting permits to break ground and HAS the funding in place is Inglewood. Now all that could change by tomorrow and I could sing a different tune but that's a fact as of today.

While I agree that its more than likely Inglewood Stadium gets built, he did give himself an out. When they actually start the construction then I'll say it's happening. Right now it is just very likely to happen.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Chargers have been there for 45 years and, for the most part, have good thing going in SD. I have a hard time seeing them leave too. But we will see...
Yeah - it is hard to say. I know many couldn't see the Rams moving to St Louis either but that happened. Time will tell I suppose.

MrMotes

Starter
I heard they had a parade, it's very weird how they're acting though. Very different from Inglewood, very dog and pony show.

Exactly. Carson is all news conferences and parades while being very short on substance. In fact, i don't think the land has changed hands yet. Inglewood, OTOH, is going about their business quietly and methodically...

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If the Chargers could do it alone in LA then why haven't they all these years? And they're not doing it alone they're doing it with the help of Goldman NutSachs

Well Goldman is the ace up their sleeve. By alone, I meant without the Chargers, but you knew that.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I heard they had a parade, it's very weird how they're acting though. Very different from Inglewood, very dog and pony show.
Lol

That's how Stan operates.

The thing with Carson is why do parades and lame stuff like that. We all know how this is going to go. The city council will approve in a month or so. We just saw the same thing happen in Inglewood. So why make all this noise. That little girl dancing and all, cmon that's wrong. Those people are getting fooled. It's wrong and pathetic.

Hacksaw

ROCK HARD STUD
Well Goldman is the ace up their sleeve. By alone, I meant without the Chargers, but you knew that.
Goldman isn't likely funding it, they will assist getting it funded. Same as Levi. With another stadium in town, investors may be more difficult to find.
Perhaps that is why the league has hinted at moving up the relocation announcement window. If that development occurs, that would make things harder on everyone not named Stan.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Goldman isn't likely funding it, they will assist getting it funded. Same as Levi. With another stadium in town, investors may be more difficult to find.
Perhaps that is why the league has hinted at moving up the relocation announcement window. If that development occurs, that would make things harder on everyone not named Stan.

Carson will be paid for by revenues from the stadium. Goldman is covering the Chargers cost to move as well as renovations to a temporary home while the Carson stadium is being built. What else Goldman is helping them with is less clear.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Lol

That's how Stan operates.

The thing with Carson is why do parades and lame stuff like that. We all know how this is going to go. The city council will approve in a month or so. We just saw the same thing happen in Inglewood. So why make all this noise. That little girl dancing and all, cmon that's wrong. Those people are getting fooled. It's wrong and pathetic.

Well that's your opinion. Nothing is fact in the stadium saga.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nobody is saying Khan is an angel, I don't recall anyone ever saying that anywhere. The only thing I'm saying, and that anyone from what I've read has ever said, is that Khan's ties to the area are stronger than Stan's. His business isn't real estate. He is/was a season ticket owner. He is involved with UI. And he has shown a willingness to invest in the team he ended up buying by improving the stadium and the customer experience. That doesn't make him an angel or a hero, it makes him far less likely to move his hometown football team had he purchased them. There's been a lot of confusion on that point lately, that if someone did want or now wishes that Khan would have gotten the team that means they view Khan as a better person. That's not the case at all.
Wait... stronger than Stan's? Let's see... Stan was born in MO, still has his main residence in MO, his company is headquartered in MO, he graduated from Mizzou as did his son, he was integral in bringing the Rams TO St Louis, was part of an ownership group that campaigned to bring an expansion team to St Louis... and Khan's ties to the area are stronger?

Khan spent over $20 million under the cap last year. He put in $20 million toward renovations of what was already considered a top flight stadium. He did so instead of opening his books. He also is known for extremely cut throat business dealings.

Given the Dome situation, I see next to nothing that says he would be handling this any different. He is right behind Stan in richest owners. He has the wherewithal to do whatever he feels will benefit him the most and I don't see anything in his history that would suggest he wouldn't do just that.

The big difference is Khan has a lot of local ties to this area. Nobody can say for certain but my opinion is he would have truly worked to keep this franchise in St. Louis and not just that bullcrap with the EJD lease like SK.
I highly doubt Khan would have just waived the top 25% clause. Like it or not - the CVC put that clause in the lease in order to lure a team in. The idea that ANY owner would not hold the CVC to that clause just doesn't fit.

I don't see how anyone can blame Stan for putting his proposal together and winning in arbitration. If the CVC would have put together even a mildly realistic proposal, they might have won and it no doubt would have been a slam dunk to be able to extend the bonds to do so in that case as it was part of the original agreement. If the Dome couldn't be brought to top tier status short of Stan's proposal, what makes you think another owner would have been more accommodating? Without the threat of Inglewood, does anyone really think the Gov gets involved to this extent? Or does the St Louis stadium issue become just another of many where the owner threatens to move to LA?

My point is if the NFL is going to be welcomed back to LA it won't be tied to the Rams franchise coming back. LA will welcome the NFL back, period. I mean, that's what people are saying about St. Louis, right? Just plop the Raiders there and it will be all good because it's the NFL. Right?

Btw, this question isn't directed at you, den. I'm just tired of the general thinking that's it's ok to yank a franchise from a fanbase after 20 years and replace it with an even worse one. The fans in St. Louis has supported a losing ass team for 10 years and right when it is on the cusp of breaking through that team may move out and another losing ass franchise with no bright future ahead of them could move in. That crap isn't fair and it pisses a lot of fans and local media off.
This is what would probably piss me off more than what Stan is trying to do. I can understand his want to build the Taj Mahal. What really gets my goat is what is being floated as possibly the NFL's attitude that St Louis should take whatever crumbs the NFL gives them and be happy they got any crumbs at all. BTW - in this, I consider the Raiduhs crumbs.

If the Chargers and Raiders move to LA, they're going to play in the Inglewood stadium Stan is building. No matter what that stadium is going to get built.
And I can almost guarantee you that the Chargers AND Raiders are not playing in any new stadium that Stan builds. I also doubt the stadium gets built without Stan owning the team that plays in it. So there is really no way you can definitively say that the stadium is going to get built. I'm fine with that being your opinion but I would leave out the absolutes until they actually start digging that big ass hole.

Staying put is the more righteous, human thing to do for sure.
Absolutely.

I can't find a link for that famous quote, although I wouldn't be surprised he said it. He seems rather bullish on LA.
Yeah - I don't even want to look for the link but I do remember him saying it and I have seen it quoted before. Anything Jeruh says should be taken with at minimum a fair bit of skepticism.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Yeah - I don't even want to look for the link but I do remember him saying it and I have seen it quoted before. Anything Jeruh says should be taken with at minimum a fair bit of skepticism.

Get him to sign a legit bet signing over the Cowboys to you if he loses and see how confident he is in the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.