Name your surprise breakout player for 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll have to go with Michael Brockers. Third year as a defensive tackle, steady improvement in both years, etc. I think he gets double-digit sacks in 2014.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Jared Cook.

Bradford will take full advantage of him and with Austin, Stacey, Givens/Britt (yes, Givens/Britt) and Bailey blowing up the field he'll be hard to plan for.

Last edited:

paceram

Pro Bowler
Barrett Jones

I really hope you are right and I will be very disappointed if Jones doesn't get a lot of playing time (Hopefully, starting!) for the Rams next season! But, my Breakeout Player is Brian Quick. If Bradford can stay healthy I think Quick will show a lot of improvement this year.

69superbowl

Rookie
Ray Ray. Dunbar, a year off whatever juice he was taking, may have a tough physical year. Ray Ray, as frustrating as he was on special teams last year, seems like a Fisher type. I predict a large and memorable "hit" out of Ray Ray that impels him to "most improved Ram." Or they just cut his frustrating mistake prone ass.

RamsFan14

Starter
Tavon Austin

Offseason to continue to patten down the playbook so he can play rather than think on the field. I'd figure he can adjust to defenses now and get open QUICKLY with is unique combination of speed and quickness. Austin really wants to be good, he wants to be a difference maker on this team, that might be the most exciting thing about him. Hard work and talent can go a long way, thus Austin is my man. Very excited to see what he can do with a year under his belt!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'll take the lay-up...

Tavon Austin

It's a year later. Tavon knows what he's doing now. Sam is back. Schotty has an offseason to prepare.

Look out!

EDIT: I call him a surprise because there appears some angst among what we have at WR and Austin seems a forgotten man in that.

The top WR in last years draft....Doh.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Trumaine Johnson becomes one of the best shutdown corners in the game. Bailey makes a huge leap, and everyone thinks he's the second coming of Rev. Bruce. Tavon will have an high impact year. Bradford will be nails, and finally be North of the polarizing scale. I. Pead will be an electric change of pace back, after Stacy and Cunningham, compliments of Saffold and Robinson, pound our division foes into submission.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Going to have to go with Kenny Britt. Has his back up against a wall with only one way to go.... up.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Brian Quick - I've been pimping Sted so he wouldn't be considered by me to be a surprise. I think BQ will likely be improved over last season but a breakout year would be a little unexpected.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Lots of Quick in this thread and man if that turns out to be true the Rams will be in good shape because Austin is a no brainer to get better, that's going to happen and there won't be any way to stop it.....so if BQ breaks out the WR's are going to be a harsh day for defenders.

My pick is Bradford. He's flashed some skills, and last year before getting hurt was starting to look like a QB that you could safely say was top 10. So this year barring injury and being in the same system for three years he should appear on the radar.

My second pick would be Bailey. I just have this feeling that he is going to be one of those players that announcers are going to always say "All 32 teams passed on that guy twice" because I think he is going to be pesky and constantly making plays. I think he is going to be one of those players that is always getting first downs and copping 900-1200 yards and 9-12 TD year after year and it might start next year.

(provided Bradford does what I'm hoping of course)