Name your surprise breakout player for 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IThink it is Obvious.....Roger Saffold

He has now had nearly a full season at Guard. This year he is Pro Bowl bound!

So far:
Alec Ogletree
Barrett Jones 3
Brian Quick 5
Greg Reid
Jared Cook
Joe Barksdale
Justin Veltung
Kenny Britt 2
Lance Kendricks
Michael Brockers
RayRay Armstrong 2
Roger Saffold
Sam Bradford 3
Stedman Bailey 3
Tavon Austin 2
TJ McDonald
Trumaine Johnson

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So far:
Alec Ogletree
Barrett Jones 3
Brian Quick 5
Greg Reid
Jared Cook
Joe Barksdale
Justin Veltung
Kenny Britt 2
Lance Kendricks
Michael Brockers
RayRay Armstrong 2
Roger Saffold
Sam Bradford 3
Stedman Bailey 3
Tavon Austin 2
TJ McDonald
Trumaine Johnson

Pretty good to have such a distribution. Speaks to the improvement of the roster.

But, if there were actual money on this poll... I suggest the distribution would tighten considerably.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

btw, i'm going britt. if not britt then bailey.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Pretty good to have such a distribution. Speaks to the improvement of the roster.

But, if there were actual money on this poll... I suggest the distribution would tighten considerably.

I was thinking that exact same thing, and even if a few of these were guys just joking around it's clear the potential on the roster right now is as good as anything since 99-01 or so. I'm not saying its as loaded as then because clearly it isn't, but it's more so than at any other point since then. At least I see it that way.

I'm starting to wonder if the windows in SEA and SF will start to close as the Rams really begins to open in earnest.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was thinking that exact same thing, and even if a few of these were guys just joking around it's clear the potential on the roster right now is as good as anything since 99-01 or so. I'm not saying its as loaded as then because clearly it isn't, but it's more so than at any other point since then. At least I see it that way.

I'm starting to wonder if the windows in SEA and SF will start to close as the Rams really begins to open in earnest.

Agree.

It appears we are ~2yrs behind them on the rebuilding curve. That gap could close considerably this year and hopefully we sustain our trajectory with all these young players while they enter a period of trying to retain their roster (they start losing key players).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Agree.

It appears we are ~2yrs behind them on the rebuilding curve. That gap could close considerably this year and hopefully we sustain our trajectory with all these young players while they enter a period of trying to retain their roster (they start losing key players).

And they could also end up with cap issues that the Rams may not have. I think you're right about the two years by the way, and that is a function of drafting, not exclusively but an awful damn lot of it I'd say.

Simba

Rookie
As I wrote into a past topic, I trust in T.j.McDonald ( I'am with Max).Anyway Barret Jones is our future and I didn't vote for him just becouse he played a few snaps and I'am afraid he could be stopped from physical problems (is he a little propensity to injuries or it was only a coaching staff decision, to cure him with care and don't let him to play?)

RamzFanz

Damnit
So far:
Alec Ogletree
Barrett Jones 3
Brian Quick 5
Greg Reid
Jared Cook
Joe Barksdale
Justin Veltung
Kenny Britt 2
Lance Kendricks
Michael Brockers
RayRay Armstrong 2
Roger Saffold
Sam Bradford 3
Stedman Bailey 3
Tavon Austin 2
TJ McDonald
Trumaine Johnson

...and I can't disagree with any of them. Let's hope it's most of them!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'll go with someone not mentioned yet:

Jenoris Jenkins!!!!

Had a good rookie season but fell off sophomore year due to playing 10 yards off due to Walton sucking. With Williams here I see a lot more press coverage and playing him to his strengths. I say he has 5+ int's, 2 int's returned for td's, and a lot of pbu's.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'll go with someone not mentioned yet:

Jenoris Jenkins!!!!

Had a good rookie season but fell off sophomore year due to playing 10 yards off due to Walton sucking. With Williams here I see a lot more press coverage and playing him to is strengths. I say he has 5+ int's, 2 int's returned for td's, and a lot of pbu's.

Good call!