name an artist that you embarrassed to admit...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TommerK

Rockin' Rams Fan
Name
Tom
Spandeau Ballet (just kiddin)

My musical tastes are pretty widespread, but I guess for me it's The Monkees. I went and saw them in concert. Twice.

TommerK

Rockin' Rams Fan
Name
Tom
Don't know about him being a genius but he did write a really cool song for Linda Ronstadt.

My first official concert was Paul Revere and the Raiders who were rocking those Revolutionary War era outfits.

Diggin the groovy go-go dancers!!!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Linda was a real beauty back in the day.......natural looking. She had my "full attention" a few times when I was a youngster and she was getting airplay and was in magazines.

NHC780816-02-16-FP.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Spandeau Ballet (just kiddin)

My musical tastes are pretty widespread, but I guess for me it's The Monkees. I went and saw them in concert. Twice.

Did The Partridge Family open for them?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Don't know about him being a genius but he did write a really cool song for Linda Ronstadt.

My first official concert was Paul Revere and the Raiders who were rocking those Revolutionary War era outfits.

Those really cool songs for Linda Ronstadt are a great example of where his genius shows so brightly.
There would be no Eagles, Flying Burrito Brothers, no Allman Brothers if not for Mike Nesmith. He invented the troubadour scene in the late 60's early 70's with his band the First National Bank as well as those songs he wrote for The Stone Poneys. Mike Nesmith was the pioneer who really got the record industry to understand Americana.
Mike Nesmith was also one of the creators of MTV and virtually created the concept of music videos as we see them today.
The perfect example of his genius is the film Elephant Parts from '81 - it was a movie where he created a video for each song on the record, light years beyond anyone else at the time.
He's one of the most under appreciated artists of all time.
And besides that he's an extremely thoughtful person and really all around cool dude

Look how cool this is 1971

Elephant Parts clip 1981

TommerK

Rockin' Rams Fan
Name
Tom
Did The Partridge Family open for them?
Haha, no actually it was Gary Puckett and the Union Gap!!!! It was kind of weird, because I was there by myself, couldn't find anybody else to go (go figure). And most of the crowd was parents with their kids, and I was trying to find a place where I could burn one.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Haha, no actually it was Gary Puckett and the Union Gap!!!! It was kind of weird, because I was there by myself, couldn't find anybody else to go (go figure). And most of the crowd was parents with their kids, and I was trying to find a place where I could burn one.

Speaking of Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, is there a creepier song than this one?

"You'd better run girl" is right.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Mindless Self Indulgence and early Green Day shit, a couple of songs on American Idiot and everything before that album.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Mindless Self Indulgence and early Green Day crap, a couple of songs on American Idiot and everything before that album.

I like MSI. Kill the rock is an awesome song, and I think they have mNy more good ones. Early Green Day is good shit, and if you get passed a lot of the political shit on American Idiot its a really good rock opera. Just my opinion ofc.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I like MSI. Kill the rock is an awesome song, and I think they have mNy more good ones. Early Green Day is good crap, and if you get passed a lot of the political crap on American Idiot its a really good rock opera. Just my opinion ofc.
Kill the Rock is a great song, odd lyrics but the sound is so unique(that's all of there songs)
Frankenstein Girls is MSI best album, but you can make an argument for Tight. One of my favorites is Planet of the Apes.
And I agree about American Idiot, really good lyrics are on that album, Jesus of Suburbia is a work of art. I always liked the song homecoming, thought that song never got enough love.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Kill the Rock is a great song, odd lyrics but the sound is so unique(that's all of there songs)
Frankenstein Girls is MSI best album, but you can make an argument for Tight. One of my favorites is Planet of the Apes.
And I agree about American Idiot, really good lyrics are on that album, Jesus of Suburbia is a work of art. I always liked the song homecoming, thought that song never got enough love.

Jesus of suburbia was awesome, when the album came out i listened to the whole thing a shit ton of times, but probably that song the most. And agree about homecoming, when i hear that song i always imagine they could make a whole play out of just that song. I think a few songs were overlooked on that album.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Speaking of Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, is there a creepier song than this one?

"You'd better run girl" is right.

I totally agree. I've always thought that was creepy. Now with all of the attention of pedophilia there would be no way that song gets recorded/air play today.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This is bad. But, Justin Bieber's latest album was produced really really well.
I don't doubt it. The majority of modern pop music artists without a top notch producer are non-artists.
:fighting:
th