My Turn - Not Child Safe - long and profanity laced

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So tomorrow is a new day. I have to hope that the Rams collectively use this game as a huge lesson. They got beat in every conceivable fashion so there should be a golden opportunity here. IMO - that opportunity needs to be exploited by the players AND the coaches.

I'm going to go into this week believing like I always do - that the Rams are going to win. I can also tell you that this is a team (the Rams) that I would not like to face this week. Yeah I know that the whiners lost too. But I get the feeling - though our team might be a little more used to not winning - they are going to take things a little bit more personal.

When I started this thread, I did it to vent. I have never been a sky is falling kind of fan and I have no intention of being one now. This team CAN be very good. I think they WILL figure it out. I also think it is still very possible to take this division. (Could be why I take things so hard.) And maybe - just maybe - this is what it took to fucking wake up.

I am still mind boggled by the schemes on both sides of the ball. I can't begin to believe that was due mainly to a lack of execution. Now think about that. That could actually be a good thing. A coach can change the game plan. A player is not going to suddenly get better in a few months - let alone five days when we play the whiners.

Onward and upward Rams fans. I'll keep the razor blades away from the bathtub for at least another week. YOU stay sexy.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
X said:
That's fine. Y'all can be embarrassed to be Rams fans if you want.
I'm disappointed, but I'll never be embarrassed.

Did your parents ever embarrass you X? Didn't mean you didn't love them...but sometimes loved ones embarrass you...even the Rams. Just my two cents though.
Maybe we have different definitions of embarrassed, or maybe other people are more susceptible to being ashamed. I'm just not. I once rode in the back of a pickup truck (open bed) for 60 miles after the Rams lost to the Dolphins several years back. The people I went with begged me to take a seat in the front so someone else could sit in the back because they were 'concerned' about what people would say or do to a guy in a Rams jersey. They even suggested I take it off. And believe me, I took ALL KINDS of shyte from people passing by us and rolling up on us just so they could yell out stuff that they thought was going to affect me. One wuss even threw a beer can at me. The freak do I care? I wear that shyte with PRIDE. I don't care if they lay an egg or fail to live up to my lofty expectations. I didn't play the freaking game. It wasn't ME on the field. Just the same, it wasn't the other team's fans on the field either, so the freak are they bragging about? This is my team for 35 years now, through thick and thin, and I'm not hanging my head because they got waxed.

I say the same thing to everyone who feels compelled to smirk or say something sarcastic when I wear my jerseys now. "What kind of man would you think I was if I refused to wear this for fear of some asshat making fun of me?" Nobody has had an answer to that one.

None of you do either.
Embarrassed is akin to ashamed. For those of us who are sticklers for semantics, that means quite a bit. Disappointed is more accurate, especially if you plan to watch the Rams play next week. Embarrassed people tend to avoid those things that embarrass them. Disappointed fans will always come back for more.

There's a little more rage in my disappointed. But that's because DeMarco Murray ran for 175 yards on our defense. I don't know what happened today but I do know what we're feeling right now is as ineffectual as a fart in a hurricane.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
CardsandRams said:
I'm embarrased to go to work in the morning because I drank the koolaid and let sheet flow out of my mouth for the last few months to everyone who would listen and more importantly my trainee who's a Cowgirl fan.

My best friend lives 2 states away and is a cowboys fan, and he called me after it finished. I didn't answer the first 3 times cuz I was mad.

Thankfully he just said he felt bad and thought it would be close, then we chatted about fantasy football. Surprised he wasn't talking shit, he was flabbergasted.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
X said:
RamzFanz said:
Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. And today I am embarrassed to be a Ram fan.
Man up.

Not once. Ever. Have I been embarrassed to be a fan of this storied franchise.
I'm sorry but I'm completely embarrassed and disappointed by our efforts on Sunday. I was there in the special VIP lounge the Cowboys have and several of my group had Jerry Jones signature etc. as well as room and such and I was wearing my Rams Big Game Holt jersey the whole time until the game ended and lost my 'Jersey swap' bet. In front of all the big dogs and luxury box holders I repped my team but was infuriated and completely embarrassed by our team's efforts. Shotty and our Defensive play calling was absolutely horrible. Disgusting and non excusable. I'm so upset right now and I have never once been this disappointed in my team. You can tell Jeff Fisher after game was not to happy as well answering questions etc. in his interview which I watched btw. I have no more to say but 503 summed up my anger and thoughts and glad I finally just got off the damned cowturd jersey off me at midnight.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
RamFan503 said:
ramfaninga said:
Well atleast you were not there to watch it live with about 80,000(don't know what the attendance was) cowboy fans like I was :cry:

Yeah - feel for yuh. Been to many a shecock game where we were less than stellar - including the 28-0 season opener.

Man we shoulda met up then. The rain. The cold. The shitty Seahawks fans. I hate going to those games, but I do it for the team!

Now I live in California

Ebonemalone

Rookie
Can we all agree that THIS week was an embarrassment, and that next week we'll be watching them on Thursday night football cheering em on again?

Come on guys. Don't fight each other! This is what the whiners want! Lol

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
ramfaninga said:
Well atleast you were not there to watch it live with about 80,000(don't know what the attendance was) cowboy fans like I was :cry:
I feel you I was there that was complete and utter shit what I seen on the field today.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
RamFan503 said:
had said:
Ramhusker said:
Thank you 503. You saved me from really launching profanity that would have given many here a new education on obscenity. I'm a conspiracy theorist at heart and if I didn't know better, I'd think there were a couple of fixes on today. One, to launch the Cowboys on a playoff quest and two, to secure the Rams with two great 1st round picks next season to shock the world next season because there is no way the Rams tried to win today, no way.

I agree. 3 games in and the coaching staff has lost this team? Could that be possible?

To the OP, you left out that all of this happened, in my opinion, against a mid-tier Dallas team. The Cowboys aren't this good.

Something is up with this team. Going through the motions. What a shame.

The only other thing I'd add is that it's kind of funny to me to hear guys saying they've been fans for ___ years and they've never seen the Rams this bad.

Oh yes the Rams have been just as bad as this many, many times.

Where the F is our defensive leadership.

Not to belabor the point but I can't recall a single game where we looked worse. Yeah, we've been shut out, blown out, and beat down. But I can't remember ever being throttled like this in every single aspect and at almost every single position. Maybe I just black those games out but I really don't think so.
The Patriots game last year was like this

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ebonemalone said:
CardsandRams said:
I'm embarrased to go to work in the morning because I drank the koolaid and let sheet flow out of my mouth for the last few months to everyone who would listen and more importantly my trainee who's a Cowgirl fan.

My best friend lives 2 states away and is a cowboys fan, and he called me after it finished. I didn't answer the first 3 times cuz I was mad.

Thankfully he just said he felt bad and thought it would be close, then we chatted about fantasy football. Surprised he wasn't talking shyte, he was flabbergasted.

My roommate is a Cowboys fan. We were going to watch the game together and had some friendly banter last week. I locked the door to my room after the Cowboys and our first drive. I knew it was going to be one of those days. :boohoo:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What we saw on the field was a Total Embarrassment. I still can't believe a Fisher coached team put that out there.

The coaching staff decided that the white flag was going to be raised while they were in the locker room at halftime. That's right,,, halftime. That is the reason for the REVERSE of the hurry-up offense that we saw throughout the second half. The coaching staff couldn't wait to end the game. Yeah, we have a short week with the whiners coming in on Thursday, but for FUCKS SAKE... we were actually playing a game that counted yesterday too. It's inexcusable to just raise the white flag before the 3rd quarter, but that is exactly what Fisher did.

You can't just throw in the towel playing football. That is an embarrassment. That's what I saw. Still can't believe it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
RamFan503 said:
had said:
Ramhusker said:
Thank you 503. You saved me from really launching profanity that would have given many here a new education on obscenity. I'm a conspiracy theorist at heart and if I didn't know better, I'd think there were a couple of fixes on today. One, to launch the Cowboys on a playoff quest and two, to secure the Rams with two great 1st round picks next season to shock the world next season because there is no way the Rams tried to win today, no way.

I agree. 3 games in and the coaching staff has lost this team? Could that be possible?

To the OP, you left out that all of this happened, in my opinion, against a mid-tier Dallas team. The Cowboys aren't this good.

Something is up with this team. Going through the motions. What a shame.

The only other thing I'd add is that it's kind of funny to me to hear guys saying they've been fans for ___ years and they've never seen the Rams this bad.

Oh yes the Rams have been just as bad as this many, many times.

Where the F is our defensive leadership.

Not to belabor the point but I can't recall a single game where we looked worse. Yeah, we've been shut out, blown out, and beat down. But I can't remember ever being throttled like this in every single aspect and at almost every single position. Maybe I just black those games out but I really don't think so.
The Patriots game last year was like this

In my defense, I was elk hunting during that game and never saw it. When I heard the score, I was even less interested in pulling up the rewind.

My trainee just looked at me shook hos head and said he has nothing to say to me that I don't already know. He smiled all day and wouldn't even rub it in. Problem is there will be mentions of it all season long. Its not embarassing per say its just................ y'all know