My Turn - Not Child Safe - long and profanity laced

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I'm embarrased to go to work in the morning because I drank the koolaid and let sheet flow out of my mouth for the last few months to everyone who would listen and more importantly my trainee who's a Cowgirl fan.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
RamzFanz said:
Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. And today I am embarrassed to be a Ram fan.
Man up.

Not once. Ever. Have I been embarrassed to be a fan of this storied franchise.

Yeah - maybe a bit dramatic of me. But in reality, I've been embarrassed before about different things. Today, I'm embarrassed for my team like I can't remember ever being embarrassed for their play before. Maybe that is a better way to put it? I would still throw on one of my jerseys and head to the game in Seattle tomorrow if it were there. But fuck. What the hell WAS that shit? Honestly. WTF??? I can't even come to grips with what I watched today.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
RamzFanz said:

Very well said and THAT was probably all you really needed to say. It sums it all up.

The worst part is that if these players were well coached, none of us would feel this way even if they were losing.

X said:
RamzFanz said:
Man up.

Amen x!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There were a lot of things that we needed to do when the OL started to get their arse beat...we didn't. Embarrassing effort by Schotty.

But you can't throw deep routes until you start to slow down the pass rush. There are ways to do that...things we never put any real effort into doing today.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
RamzFanz said:
Man up.

I thought the team was an embarrassment today too. Brought me back to those miserable days of 2011, 2009, etc.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's fine. Y'all can be embarrassed to be Rams fans if you want.
I'm disappointed, but I'll never be embarrassed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:

Well, I am. I am not embarrassed by us being outclassed in terms of talent. I am embarrassed to see such a lack of effort and intensity both among the coaches and players. It's like they forgot they had a game today...maybe they thought they didn't play until Thursday. :lol:

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
X said:

Did your parents ever embarrass you X? Didn't mean you didn't love them...but sometimes loved ones embarrass you...even the Rams. Just my two cents though.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
X said:

This, I'm not embarrassed, never would I be embarrassed to root for these guys. I came in the dark ages and don't know much else outside of memories that aren't mine.

I will say this, on this day I was embarrassed for the Rams. No player or team should have to have such play tied to them, that game was an embarrassment and I hope to heck it makes the Rams as mad on Thursday as it made us.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
X said:

Did your parents ever embarrass you X? Didn't mean you didn't love them...but sometimes loved ones embarrass you...even the Rams. Just my two cents though.
Maybe we have different definitions of embarrassed, or maybe other people are more susceptible to being ashamed. I'm just not. I once rode in the back of a pickup truck (open bed) for 60 miles after the Rams lost to the Dolphins several years back. The people I went with begged me to take a seat in the front so someone else could sit in the back because they were 'concerned' about what people would say or do to a guy in a Rams jersey. They even suggested I take it off. And believe me, I took ALL KINDS of shit from people passing by us and rolling up on us just so they could yell out stuff that they thought was going to affect me. One pussy even threw a beer can at me. The fuck do I care? I wear that shit with PRIDE. I don't care if they lay an egg or fail to live up to my lofty expectations. I didn't play the fucking game. It wasn't ME on the field. Just the same, it wasn't the other team's fans on the field either, so the fuck are they bragging about? This is my team for 35 years now, through thick and thin, and I'm not hanging my head because they got waxed.

I say the same thing to everyone who feels compelled to smirk or say something sarcastic when I wear my jerseys now. "What kind of man would you think I was if I refused to wear this for fear of some asshat making fun of me?" Nobody has had an answer to that one.

None of you do either.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:

I'm witcha X, embarrassed is something I reserve for what I do , and just losing a football game.
I never yell at kids for losing, and I'm not embarrassed, Dallas WON that game they played better, there is nothing to be embarrassed about it's disrespectful of the team that won.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
X said:

Maybe we have different definitions of embarrassed, or maybe other people are more susceptible to being ashamed. I'm just not. I once rode in the back of a pickup truck (open bed) for 60 miles after the Rams lost to the Dolphins several years back. The people I went with begged me to take a seat in the front so someone else could sit in the back because they were 'concerned' about what people would say or do to a guy in a Rams jersey. They even suggested I take it off. And believe me, I took ALL KINDS of shyte from people passing by us and rolling up on us just so they could yell out stuff that they thought was going to affect me. One wuss even threw a beer can at me. The freak do I care? I wear that shyte with PRIDE. I don't care if they lay an egg or fail to live up to my lofty expectations. I didn't play the freaking game. It wasn't ME on the field. Just the same, it wasn't the other team's fans on the field either, so the freak are they bragging about? This is my team for 35 years now, through thick and thin, and I'm not hanging my head because they got waxed.

I say the same thing to everyone who feels compelled to smirk or say something sarcastic when I wear my jerseys now. "What kind of man would you think I was if I refused to wear this for fear of some asshat making fun of me?" Nobody has had an answer to that one.

None of you do either.

You're taking the word to mean one thing while others mean another.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
X said:

Maybe we have different definitions of embarrassed, or maybe other people are more susceptible to being ashamed. I'm just not. I once rode in the back of a pickup truck (open bed) for 60 miles after the Rams lost to the Dolphins several years back. The people I went with begged me to take a seat in the front so someone else could sit in the back because they were 'concerned' about what people would say or do to a guy in a Rams jersey. They even suggested I take it off. And believe me, I took ALL KINDS of shyte from people passing by us and rolling up on us just so they could yell out stuff that they thought was going to affect me. One wuss even threw a beer can at me. The freak do I care? I wear that shyte with PRIDE. I don't care if they lay an egg or fail to live up to my lofty expectations. I didn't play the freaking game. It wasn't ME on the field. Just the same, it wasn't the other team's fans on the field either, so the freak are they bragging about? This is my team for 35 years now, through thick and thin, and I'm not hanging my head because they got waxed.

None of you do either.

You're taking the word to mean one thing while others mean another.
Clear it up for me then. How is "I'm embarrassed to be a Rams fan" being taken out of context here? Can that mean more than one thing? Or is it as Rich suggests ... you're just embarrassed FOR them. I can maybe understand that, but not the former.

It's just a loss to me.

sent via Tapatalk.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:

Gotta say I think you're waxing a little poetic here. Or of course it could be me. I guess it's also a little bit of semantics.

Five minutes after that game, during the debacle, what have you, if someone were to ask if I was a Ram fan or what team I am entrenched in fandom for, I wouldn't hesitate to say the Rams. Still wouldn't. That doesn't mean I can't be embarrassed about it. I have driven hundreds of miles to watch my Rams in enemy territory when they frankly weren't a good team. Sometimes we won and I was on top of the world. Others we lost and if we lost big I was a bit embarrassed.

Let me ask you this? Should the players be embarrassed? I know I didn't strap on the pads today but I feel as deeply as if I had. I was embarrassed a few times as a player when my team lost bad. It doesn't feel much different to me. Still, it's not like I peeled off the uniform.

Maybe the semantics comes in in that today, I was embarrassed AS a Ram fan. Maybe not to BE a Ram fan. Waste of time? :tooth:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
Clear it up for me then. How is "I'm embarrassed to be a Rams fan" being taken out of context here? Can that mean more than one thing? Or is it as Rich suggests ... you're just embarrassed FOR them. I can maybe understand that, but not the former.

It's just a loss to me.

sent via Tapatalk.

I'd say he probably means that the game was embarrassing for him. Not that he doesn't want to be a fan anymore. Just that he was embarrassed by the effort tonight as a fan of the team. I was too.

had

Rookie
I think this kind of goes back to 'what kind of fan are you?'.

I can totally see why some guys would be freakin' embarrassed. These are the butt hurt fans. There are a boatload of these guys. They are personally insulted and ashamed by the team's incompetence.

One of these fans might even think that someone who isn't ashamed of today's infamies isn't a real fan.

The shame/embarrassment factor is greatly ameliorated by the niners loss, however.

Personally, I think embarrassment is a natural reaction. Me, I just start having mutilation fantasies. My son does it, too. He cracks me up. He'll be like: "Someone should run on the field with a cheese shredder and take it to Finnegan's heel until it's a bone spur".

Thank you.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
had said:
Me, I just start having mutilation fantasies. My son does it, too. He cracks me up. He'll be like: "Someone should run on the field with a cheese shredder and take it to Finnegan's heel until it's a bone spur".

Thank you.

Thanks for that. Always in for a good chuckle. Even if it IS at the expense of Finn's heel. :lmao:

Ebonemalone

Rookie
You didn't need that first paragraph explaining yourself. I think a lot of us feel the same, and your "cussing" just sounded cute with the "freaks" lol. But I agree with you. I am so freaking pissed after today

Can we get a petition or letters going to fish? The Internet can accomplish a lot if people organize. If you go on Reddit you know what I'm talking about!

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
Well atleast you were not there to watch it live with about 80,000(don't know what the attendance was) cowboy fans like I was :cry:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
ramfaninga said:
Well atleast you were not there to watch it live with about 80,000(don't know what the attendance was) cowboy fans like I was :cry:

Yeah - feel for yuh. Been to many a shecock game where we were less than stellar - including the 28-0 season opener.