My Turn - Not Child Safe - long and profanity laced

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK - let me preface this by saying that I think most if not all of you know that I am almost always a glass half full kind of guy. I also rarely go off on my Rams. But here's a fair warning. If you don't want to read an extremely pissed off 45 year Ram fan go off on your team, if you have a hard time with profanity, then exit out and go to the next thread. I'm going to ask Paulie right here to allow me this one rant - if for nothing else but because it might be somehow cathartic for me. Now that I'm done with that.... FUCK!!!

That might have been the worst game I have ever seen an ENTIRE NFL team play - PERIOD! I have been watching my Rams play for 45 years and I have to say, I am in disbelief at the possibility that they could play this poorly and embarrass every fan that has ever cheered on the Rams. It's going to take me a while to get over this one. The only thing I want to see from Fisher in a press conference is for him to come out and simply apologize. I don't want to hear any coach speak. I don't want to hear what we did right (not that it would take more than a second or two). I don't want any excuses veiled in how good the other team was. I just want him to admit that they were an embarrassment in each and every aspect of the game and that there were ZERO bright spots or things to "build on" today.

The O-line... Long got schooled ALL game. There were more cowboys in the backfield than Rams ALL GAME!!! They couldn't pass or run block. The play calling was uber ridiculously predictable and fatally flawed from the onset. It wasn't just vanilla or conservative, it was virtually impossible for the Rams to beat a decent team with that scheme. No stretching the field, no spreading the line, no edge rushes.... a reverse that looked sloppier than a high school play... Add to that our receivers couldn't catch a fucking beach ball today. You are in the NFL. Catch the fucking ball! Did I mention our pathetic O-line play?

And here is one that I absolutely cannot excuse. I had to record the game and speed watch it. When Dallas had the ball up by 17 and then 24, I was hitting the 30 second button immediately after every play. Dallas had the play off before the end of that 30 seconds almost every time. Us? Nope. Still barking out numbers at the line on most plays. We were down big with about a quarter left to play and we were STILL taking longer to get plays off than Dallas. Everyone keeps talking about a hurry up. How in the FUCK can you be in catch-up mode and take the entire fucking play clock to get the snap off?

On D? Really? Best D-line in the NFL? Romo could have camped back there. And so much for that highly ranked run defense. How can any professional team get blown off the line and annihilated that bad? But at least we were playing the same fucked up coverage we've been watching since the opening snap. There is absolutely no way to stop a team if their TEs or WRs can run 5-10 yards and still have the DB or LB five yards away. I have a hard time believing that JL is suddenly that slow and such a liability in pass coverage. Spoon running onto the field already behind the TE? Who the fuck is running this clown act?

And special teams..... What the fuck is it going to take to get these guys to stop ass fucking us with penalties? You could let all eleven of the other team go untouched and we'd be better off. I am just completely dismayed at the all around lack of discipline demonstrated by this team and the play of our "special teams" unit is a microcosm of the entire team.

I don't understand how we could have an obvious infusion in talent and then have this team look worse than a team from the Linny, Brooks, or second Knox stints. They look like they are not being ALLOWED to play their game. These players ARE good. There IS talent on this roster. How the FUCK does this team take a dump on the field like what I just witnessed? The last pass to Cook was just a great example of the team today. Why not just take a fucking knee on that play? If he had caught the ball, that was a 7 yard play AT BEST. And he probably gets blown up by the three defenders just HOPING and SALIVATING for him to catch the ball.

I ALWAYS get behind my team. We've had many years where it was tough to be a Ram fan. Shaw and Georgia decimated the team in an orchestrated attempt to kill the fan base and there I was still routing for them. The team moves to St Louis and here I am on the west coast still routing for my Rams. We have a brief stint where all the magic came together and the Ziggy/Shaw/Georgia show manages to screw that up - and there I am. I have stayed behind my Rams through good times and bad and I have zero intention of leaving them now. It's a huge part of what makes it so hard to watch what I saw today. I don't expect them to care about me as an individual fan. But show some respect to the fans that spend money and take their time so you can play games on Sundays.

Now we have an owner that has ponied up big time for the most elite coaching staff in the entire NFL and they put THAT in front of us? Tell me why each and every one of us shouldn't be absolutely pissed off? Tell me why anyone should spend their hard earned money on THAT fucking product? Tell me why I should be ok with the fact that I paid for Sunday Ticket ONLY to watch my Rams. And I paid to see that bullshit?

I realize we won our first game (barely) against a team supposedly waaaaay better than they were last year. Look what happened to that great team today. Oh look... we beat a shitty team to start the year. A team that today couldn't manage a point after the first 6 minutes of the game today. Ooh but we shut them out for a quarter. BFD.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. And today I am embarrassed to be a Ram fan.

Game ball to McCleod for being the ONLY one to look like he wanted to win.

A55VA6

Legend
I would like your post a thousand times if I could. COMPLETELY agree with ever word.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Tell us how you REALLY think!

I don't think too many people watching the game feel much different.

We weren't ready to play today. Plain and simple.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I don't think any Ram fan could blame you for the rant, this game reminded me of the Seahawk game in'79 where we held them to -7 total yards.

Total embarrassment today, no excuses...

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
RamFan503 said:
OK - let me preface this by saying that I think most if not all of you know that I am almost always a glass half full kind of guy. I also rarely go off on my Rams. But here's a fair warning. If you don't want to read an extremely pissed off 45 year Ram fan go off on your team, if you have a hard time with profanity, then exit out and go to the next thread. I'm going to ask Paulie right here to allow me this one rant - if for nothing else but because it might be somehow cathartic for me. Now that I'm done with that.... freak!!!

That might have been the worst game I have ever seen an ENTIRE NFL team play - PERIOD! I have been watching my Rams play for 45 years and I have to say, I am in disbelief at the possibility that they could play this poorly and embarrass every fan that has ever cheered on the Rams. It's going to take me a while to get over this one. The only thing I want to see from Fisher in a press conference is for him to come out and simply apologize. I don't want to hear any coach speak. I don't want to hear what we did right (not that it would take more than a second or two). I don't want any excuses veiled in how good the other team was. I just want him to admit that they were an embarrassment in each and every aspect of the game and that there were ZERO bright spots or things to "build on" today.

The O-line... Long got schooled ALL game. There were more cowboys in the backfield than Rams ALL GAME!!! They couldn't pass or run block. The play calling was uber ridiculously predictable and fatally flawed from the onset. It wasn't just vanilla or conservative, it was virtually impossible for the Rams to beat a decent team with that scheme. No stretching the field, no spreading the line, no edge rushes.... a reverse that looked sloppier than a high school play... Add to that our receivers couldn't catch a freaking beach ball today. You are in the NFL. Catch the freaking ball! Did I mention our pathetic O-line play?

And here is one that I absolutely cannot excuse. I had to record the game and speed watch it. When Dallas had the ball up by 17 and then 24, I was hitting the 30 second button immediately after every play. Dallas had the play off before the end of that 30 seconds almost every time. Us? Nope. Still barking out numbers at the line on most plays. We were down big with about a quarter left to play and we were STILL taking longer to get plays off than Dallas. Everyone keeps talking about a hurry up. How in the freak can you be in catch-up mode and take the entire freaking play clock to get the snap off?

On D? Really? Best D-line in the NFL? Romo could have camped back there. And so much for that highly ranked run defense. How can any professional team get blown off the line and annihilated that bad? But at least we were playing the same freaked up coverage we've been watching since the opening snap. There is absolutely no way to stop a team if their TEs or WRs can run 5-10 yards and still have the DB or LB five yards away. I have a hard time believing that JL is suddenly that slow and such a liability in pass coverage. Spoon running onto the field already behind the TE? Who the freak is running this clown act?

And special teams..... What the freak is it going to take to get these guys to stop ass freaking us with penalties? You could let all eleven of the other team go untouched and we'd be better off. I am just completely dismayed at the all around lack of discipline demonstrated by this team and the play of our "special teams" unit is a microcosm of the entire team.

I don't understand how we could have an obvious infusion in talent and then have this team look worse than a team from the Linny, Brooks, or second Knox stints. They look like they are not being ALLOWED to play their game. These players ARE good. There IS talent on this roster. How the freak does this team take a dump on the field like what I just witnessed? The last pass to Cook was just a great example of the team today. Why not just take a freaking knee on that play? If he had caught the ball, that was a 7 yard play AT BEST. And he probably gets blown up by the three defenders just HOPING and SALIVATING for him to catch the ball.

I ALWAYS get behind my team. We've had many years where it was tough to be a Ram fan. Shaw and Georgia decimated the team in an orchestrated attempt to kill the fan base and there I was still routing for them. The team moves to St Louis and here I am on the west coast still routing for my Rams. We have a brief stint where all the magic came together and the Ziggy/Shaw/Georgia show manages to screw that up - and there I am. I have stayed behind my Rams through good times and bad and I have zero intention of leaving them now. It's a huge part of what makes it so hard to watch what I saw today. I don't expect them to care about me as an individual fan. But show some respect to the fans that spend money and take their time so you can play games on Sundays.

Now we have an owner that has ponied up big time for the most elite coaching staff in the entire NFL and they put THAT in front of us? Tell me why each and every one of us shouldn't be absolutely pissed off? Tell me why anyone should spend their hard earned money on THAT freaking product? Tell me why I should be ok with the fact that I paid for Sunday Ticket ONLY to watch my Rams. And I paid to see that BS?

I realize we won our first game (barely) against a team supposedly waaaaay better than they were last year. Look what happened to that great team today. Oh look... we beat a crappy team to start the year. A team that today couldn't manage a point after the first 6 minutes of the game today. Ooh but we shut them out for a quarter. BFD.

AMEN
now take a breath and do something fun. I am

EastRam

Pro Bowler
RamFan503 said:
OK - let me preface this by saying that I think most if not all of you know that I am almost always a glass half full kind of guy. I also rarely go off on my Rams. But here's a fair warning. If you don't want to read an extremely pissed off 45 year Ram fan go off on your team, if you have a hard time with profanity, then exit out and go to the next thread. I'm going to ask Paulie right here to allow me this one rant - if for nothing else but because it might be somehow cathartic for me. Now that I'm done with that.... freak!!!

The O-line... Long got schooled ALL game. There were more cowboys in the backfield than Rams ALL GAME!!! They couldn't pass or run block. The play calling was uber ridiculously predictable and fatally flawed from the onset. It wasn't just vanilla or conservative, it was virtually impossible for the Rams to beat a decent team with that scheme. No stretching the field, no spreading the line, no edge rushes.... a reverse that looked sloppier than a high school play... Add to that our receivers couldn't catch a freaking beach ball today. You are in the NFL. Catch the freaking ball! Did I mention our pathetic O-line play?

And here is one that I absolutely cannot excuse. I had to record the game and speed watch it. When Dallas had the ball up by 17 and then 24, I was hitting the 30 second button immediately after every play. Dallas had the play off before the end of that 30 seconds almost every time. Us? Nope. Still barking out numbers at the line on most plays. We were down big with about a quarter left to play and we were STILL taking longer to get plays off than Dallas. Everyone keeps talking about a hurry up. How in the freak can you be in catch-up mode and take the entire freaking play clock to get the snap off?

On D? Really? Best D-line in the NFL? Romo could have camped back there. And so much for that highly ranked run defense. How can any professional team get blown off the line and annihilated that bad? But at least we were playing the same freaked up coverage we've been watching since the opening snap. There is absolutely no way to stop a team if their TEs or WRs can run 5-10 yards and still have the DB or LB five yards away. I have a hard time believing that JL is suddenly that slow and such a liability in pass coverage. Spoon running onto the field already behind the TE? Who the freak is running this clown act?

And special teams..... What the freak is it going to take to get these guys to stop ass freaking us with penalties? You could let all eleven of the other team go untouched and we'd be better off. I am just completely dismayed at the all around lack of discipline demonstrated by this team and the play of our "special teams" unit is a microcosm of the entire team.

I don't understand how we could have an obvious infusion in talent and then have this team look worse than a team from the Linny, Brooks, or second Knox stints. They look like they are not being ALLOWED to play their game. These players ARE good. There IS talent on this roster. How the freak does this team take a dump on the field like what I just witnessed? The last pass to Cook was just a great example of the team today. Why not just take a freaking knee on that play? If he had caught the ball, that was a 7 yard play AT BEST. And he probably gets blown up by the three defenders just HOPING and SALIVATING for him to catch the ball.

Now we have an owner that has ponied up big time for the most elite coaching staff in the entire NFL and they put THAT in front of us? Tell me why each and every one of us shouldn't be absolutely pissed off? Tell me why anyone should spend their hard earned money on THAT freaking product? Tell me why I should be ok with the fact that I paid for Sunday Ticket ONLY to watch my Rams. And I paid to see that BS?

I realize we won our first game (barely) against a team supposedly waaaaay better than they were last year. Look what happened to that great team today. Oh look... we beat a crappy team to start the year. A team that today couldn't manage a point after the first 6 minutes of the game today. Ooh but we shut them out for a quarter. BFD.

There should be a place where great posts are stored on this site to be remembered.

This should be the first. Well said.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Couldnt have said it better myself. Agree with every word 503.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Except for one part (giving the game ball to McLeod. Nobody on this team deserves a fucking game ball for this debacle...because that was not - in any way, shape, or form - a game. It was a slaughter, a massacre, the biggest fucking ass-kicking I've ever had the misfortune to witness and/or be a part of.), I couldn't possibly agree more with you, 503.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
McLeod, are you sure you don't mean McDonald?

McDonald was hitting Murray all day, without him Murray would have ripped us to shreds more than he already was.

McDonald's the only person on the D I'd give a passing grade, everybody else gets an F.

Outside of that, I agree with everything.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just trying to find SOMETHING good in this game. All I know was I saw a couple teeth rattlers out there today and I thought both of them were from McLeod.

Anyway... game ball might have been a little strong.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I logged in just to like your post. Very well said my brother I feel your pain.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thank you 503. You saved me from really launching profanity that would have given many here a new education on obscenity. I'm a conspiracy theorist at heart and if I didn't know better, I'd think there were a couple of fixes on today. One, to launch the Cowboys on a playoff quest and two, to secure the Rams with two great 1st round picks next season to shock the world next season because there is no way the Rams tried to win today, no way.

had

Rookie
Ramhusker said:
Thank you 503. You saved me from really launching profanity that would have given many here a new education on obscenity. I'm a conspiracy theorist at heart and if I didn't know better, I'd think there were a couple of fixes on today. One, to launch the Cowboys on a playoff quest and two, to secure the Rams with two great 1st round picks next season to shock the world next season because there is no way the Rams tried to win today, no way.

I agree. 3 games in and the coaching staff has lost this team? Could that be possible?

To the OP, you left out that all of this happened, in my opinion, against a mid-tier Dallas team. The Cowboys aren't this good.

Something is up with this team. Going through the motions. What a shame.

The only other thing I'd add is that it's kind of funny to me to hear guys saying they've been fans for ___ years and they've never seen the Rams this bad.

Oh yes the Rams have been just as bad as this many, many times.

Where the F is our defensive leadership.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
had said:
Ramhusker said:

I agree. 3 games in and the coaching staff has lost this team? Could that be possible?

To the OP, you left out that all of this happened, in my opinion, against a mid-tier Dallas team. The Cowboys aren't this good.

Something is up with this team. Going through the motions. What a shame.

The only other thing I'd add is that it's kind of funny to me to hear guys saying they've been fans for ___ years and they've never seen the Rams this bad.

Oh yes the Rams have been just as bad as this many, many times.

Where the F is our defensive leadership.

Not to belabor the point but I can't recall a single game where we looked worse. Yeah, we've been shut out, blown out, and beat down. But I can't remember ever being throttled like this in every single aspect and at almost every single position. Maybe I just black those games out but I really don't think so.

duckhunter

Starter
If I were coach I'd put a honest to goodness turd in every locker. I had the same thought that it was the worst game I'd ever seen. 9 rushing yards and 13 passing yards at half time. Then look like your trying in junk time when the other team is playing soft.

Can we mail game turds to Ram's Park?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm thinking the Greyhound bus ride back to the LOU would get their attention. I mean put the entire team, including coaching staff, on friggin buses home. Then make their asses eat tofu all week leading up to the Niners game. These guys need to be pissed off come Thursday.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ramhusker said:
I'm thinking the Greyhound bus ride back to the LOU would get their attention. I mean put the entire team, including coaching staff, on friggin buses home. Then make their asses eat tofu all week leading up to the Niners game. These guys need to be pissed off come Thursday.

:lmao:

Tofu?

:lmao:

RamzFanz

Damnit

Very well said and THAT was probably all you really needed to say. It sums it all up.

The worst part is that if these players were well coached, none of us would feel this way even if they were losing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamzFanz said:
Man up.

Not once. Ever. Have I been embarrassed to be a fan of this storied franchise.