My Thoughts On Rumored Rams Draft Picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Thought we were back on topic less Sam more draft pick discussion lol

…..

Legend
DR RAM said:
I agree with some of what you said, and I disagree with some. I blatantly disagree with a few comments, and I totally agree on some, but I will keep those to myself. I do appreciate how much work you did here. Good job!

Thread winner!

great piece wether agree or not.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I thought the OP was an interesting viewpoint. I didn't agree with it all, but I thought it was all worth considering.

Then the OP got some push back and one could say attacked a bit, being called hypocritical and such. That prompted return fire. Hey, I know how that goes. I had an opinion on Gibson last year and was kicked out for voicing it. As it happened, Fisher agreed with me and Gibson is gone.

Posters should be able to voice their own viewpoints without getting attacked. SImply put, if you don't agree with the OP, voice you own opinion without slamming the OP.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:
I thought the OP was an interesting viewpoint. I didn't agree with it all, but I thought it was all worth considering.

Then the OP got some push back and one could say attacked a bit, being called hypocritical and such. That prompted return fire. Hey, I know how that goes. I had an opinion on Gibson last year and was kicked out for voicing it. As it happened, Fisher agreed with me and Gibson is gone.

Posters should be able to voice their own viewpoints without getting attacked. SImply put, if you don't agree with the OP, voice you own opinion without slamming the OP.
Lotta bickering around the Rams inter-web-space lately, eh? Even Jimi took off from your board because of it. That's the beauty of the off-season. Nothing to talk about, but lots to say. lol.

I didn't have a problem with the OP either (Original Post). Nobody did. In fact, it got a lot of praise initially. The "problem" came into existence somewhere in the 2nd page when past grudges and supremacy of opinion became the topic and not the original post. You know how that goes, right? I don't think I need to explain how that can turn a thread south.

And since you've elected to air dirty laundry (something that's going to stop around here now), you didn't get kicked out of anywhere but the chat room, and it wasn't because you had a different opinion. It's because you brought the entire vibe of the chat room down with repeated bashing of Gibson, and then continued to perpetuate that bad vibe even though you knew people were taking issue with it. It's so simple to recognize when people are done hearing about negativity. Yet, so many people find it difficult to stop.

Stay with me now....

THAT is why forums go south. THAT is why anger shows up in posts. What some people fail to understand about team-oriented FAN message boards is that the *majority* of people who join one, and participate on one, simply want to be a FAN and talk with other FANS about their favorite team. And of course shoot the shit, play GM, play coach, bitch a little, cheer a little, and catch a little camaraderie. VERY FEW people come to a message board to argue about everything or position themselves as the authority on all topics. Those that do, are ALWAYS on the defensive. And rightfully so. To them I say ... Can't stand the heat? Stop being a fuckin flamethrower, man.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
THAT is why forums go south. THAT is why anger shows up in posts. What some people fail to understand about team-oriented FAN message boards is that the *majority* of people who join one, and participate on one, simply want to be a FAN and talk with other FANS about their favorite team. And of course shoot the shyte, play GM, play coach, bitch a little, cheer a little, and catch a little camaraderie. VERY FEW people come to a message board to argue about everything or position themselves as the authority on all topics. Those that do, are ALWAYS on the defensive. And rightfully so. To them I say ... Can't stand the heat? Stop being a freakin flamethrower, man.

100 percent agree.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The Dude said:
max said:

Lotta bickering around the Rams inter-web-space lately, eh? Even Jimi took off from your board because of it. That's the beauty of the off-season. Nothing to talk about, but lots to say. lol.

I didn't have a problem with the OP either (Original Post). Nobody did. In fact, it got a lot of praise initially. The "problem" came into existence somewhere in the 2nd page when past grudges and supremacy of opinion became the topic and not the original post. You know how that goes, right? I don't think I need to explain how that can turn a thread south.

And since you've elected to air dirty laundry (something that's going to stop around here now), you didn't get kicked out of anywhere but the chat room, and it wasn't because you had a different opinion. It's because you brought the entire vibe of the chat room down with repeated bashing of Gibson, and then continued to perpetuate that bad vibe even though you knew people were taking issue with it. It's so simple to recognize when people are done hearing about negativity. Yet, so many people find it difficult to stop.

Stay with me now....

THAT is why forums go south. THAT is why anger shows up in posts. What some people fail to understand about team-oriented FAN message boards is that the *majority* of people who join one, and participate on one, simply want to be a FAN and talk with other FANS about their favorite team. And of course shoot the shyte, play GM, play coach, bitch a little, cheer a little, and catch a little camaraderie. VERY FEW people come to a message board to argue about everything or position themselves as the authority on all topics. Those that do, are ALWAYS on the defensive. And rightfully so. To them I say ... Can't stand the heat? Stop being a freakin flamethrower, man.

I think we should stick to this board and leave other peoples names out of it.

All I've got to say on this is that I can stand the heat, I have no problem with the heat, I will stand up to the heat. What I have a problem with is getting thrown out of the kitchen. And since you elected to get into the specifics, you should have included the fact that no courtesy was extended by you in the chatroom. If we are to do things the right way, you tell someone there is a problem before you kick them out. One reason I don't post here much if at all is because I feel an unevenness in treatment for different posters.

We agree on many things Dude, and I think you're a great poster and provider of information, but I will never feel differently about how that chat room incident went down.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:
The Dude said:
max said:

Stay with me now....

I think we should stick to this board and leave other peoples names out of it.

All I've got to say on this is that I can stand the heat, I have no problem with the heat, I will stand up to the heat. What I have a problem with is getting thrown out of the kitchen. And since you elected to get into the specifics, you should have included the fact that no courtesy was extended by you in the chatroom. If we are to do things the right way, you tell someone there is a problem before you kick them out. One reason I don't post here much if at all is because I feel an unevenness in treatment for different posters.

We agree on many things Dude, and I think you're a great poster and provider of information, but I will never feel differently about how that chat room incident went down.
I'm not obligated to extend courtesies though. That's the thing. I respond to multiple reports with swiftness and just put out fires when they pop up. That's my job. If you feel that's unfair, then ... what can I tell ya? Been that way for 3 years, and nobody else has a problem with it except for the exiled. You seem to be the only person who ever had reports originating from the chat room though. There's no reason for that? I'm just not even-handed? Should I just arbitrarily kick people from there even though they're not causing a commotion? If you feel you have no culpability, then okay. But here you are telling me you don't post here often, but DID post to (a) complain about this thread, and (b) to tell me it's not even-handed here.

Thanks for your input, max. I'll take your words under advisement.

Psycho_X

Legend
The Dude said:

This whole thing. This forum has been nice. Hope it stays that way.

On the subject of draft picks I can go back and forth on most of them but ultimately wouldn't mind if we drafted any of em except for Patterson. Patterson is the one name mentioned a lot that i think is a complete bust. If not a bust he's a WR that will take years to develop and we have enough of those. We need either instant playmakers or o-line stability. If we don't hit on either of those in the draft our offense will still struggle at times.

Edit: Forgot about Lacy, I don't have a problem with him per say but I do not believe in drafting RBs in the first round unless they are a sure thing and Lacy is not by any means.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
max said:

Hey, I am all for voicing ones opinion, but if a poster is going to claim that Snead/Fisher really want to ditch Bradford then I personally would like to see more, than a pre-Fish-hire Silver story, to substantiate the claim. I happen to think that that is a fair and reasonable expectation. And if there is more, then I am open to changing my mind.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Rabid Ram said:

100 percent agree.

Yep. Behind you all the way here Paulie. And let's not lose sight of the fact that there is NO 1st Amendment right on this or any other board - just the rules put forth by the owner(s). If someone fucks up this forum with what they say or how they say it, they should expect to be sent off to Siberia.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
What I have a problem with is getting thrown out of the kitchen. And since you elected to get into the specifics, you should have included the fact that no courtesy was extended by you in the chatroom..[/quote]

These courtesys are extended in the terms of service.

That being said you yourself are a good poster as well you can just come off as brash and aggressive at times and it rubs people the wrong direction. I am not saying this,to offend just some constructivness.:cool:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
RamFan503 said:
Rabid Ram said:

100 percent agree.

Yep. Behind you all the way here Paulie. And let's not lose sight of the fact that there is NO 1st Amendment right on this or any other board - just the rules put forth by the owner(s). If someone fucks up this forum with what they say or how they say it, they should expect to be sent off to Siberia.
The 1st Amendment stipulates CONTROL over govt, it does not grant 'rights' to individuals - God gives us our 'rights'. This is one of the most common misperceptions of Americans and a person pet peeve of mine.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
interference said:
The 1st Amendment stipulates CONTROL over govt, it does not grant 'rights' to individuals - God gives us our 'rights'. This is one of the most common misperceptions of Americans and a person pet peeve of mine.

You're right in that the Constitution and in particular Bill of Rights is about control over gov't. Though the documents don't grant any rights, they recognize them and set forth a mechanism for protecting these rights. Unfortunately, if not for this recognition, these rights might not exist. They may be inalienable and God given but good luck exerting them without those pieces of paper.

Talk about de-railing - eh? :mrgreen:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
RamFan503 said:
interference said:

You're right in that the Constitution and in particular Bill of Rights is about control over gov't. Though the documents don't grant any rights, they recognize them and set forth a mechanism for protecting these rights. Unfortunately, if not for this recognition, these rights might not exist. They may be inalienable and God given but good luck exerting them without those pieces of paper.

I figure this thread went off-the-rails pages ago, so I didn't feel so bad throwing-in my philosophical musing about government.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
interference said:
RamFan503 said:
I figure this thread went off-the-rails pages ago, so I didn't feel so bad throwing-in my philosophical musing about government.

Ha! Good point.