My Thoughts On Rumored Rams Draft Picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Playmaker

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Faceplant said:
Playmaker said:
jrry32, I know I am right about Austin. Just like I was right about Auburn in 2010 when you and U Got Ram Right scoffed at me on RRF. Well.....I told you so.

Sorry, you just lost a ton of credibility with me after that statement. NO ONE knows how Austin's talents will transfer to the NFL, much less some dude in a cubicle spouting off on a message board.

FWIW, I agree with jrry32 in regards to Austin. I have said many time that I do NOT think he can be lumped in with other players in his size range. Quite simply because he is more talented than any of them IMO. I fully expect him to succeed and become a "playmaker" at the next level. That said, I don't claim to KNOW that to be true. :roll:

If you like Austin of course you'll agree with those that like Austin too. I'm just saying I have a long history of being right despite being the lone voice on certain subjects.

I said Rodger Saffold will not be the long term answer at OLT back in 2010 on RRF. I was ridiculed.

I said James Laurinaitis was just a guy at MLB back in 2009. So far he has not been a difference maker.

I said Sam Bradford was a product of his system at Oklahoma. He played behind one of the greatest O-Lines in College History in 2008 in one of the worst defensive conferences in College. I said once most of those linemen left in 2009, Bradford couldn't make it through one game without being hurt. That Josh Hypel and Jason White put up similar numbers in the same offense at Oklahoma and never made it in the NFL. And Bradford would be the same. And I so far so good on that one. That 2010 draft was similar to this years draft. QB poor. Bradford was the first QB taken. Tim Tebow was the other first round QB that year. The next two were Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy. Two of the four of them have already been traded.

Plus I crack up when the Spags and Devaney detractors rip those two for all their poor draft choices (only Laurinaitis, Bradford, Saffold, Quinn, Kendricks, and Pettis remain from the 2009-2011 drafts). Yet when the Bradford pick is brought up, they get defensive about it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Playmaker said:
bluecoconuts said:
interference said:
Playmaker said:
So the offensive line, like the defensive line and Corner Back in 2012, will be this teams top priority in this draft. Finish building up front this draft, and then next year they will go out and land their skill guys. And that includes dumping Sam Bradford
Huh? WTF????

Yeah..... I don't get this..... Why would we dump Bradford? Who are we going to replace him with? That makes no sense at all....

Here is the deal gentlemen. Even the biggest Bradford Honks in the STL Media is starting to turn on Bradford. I can not tell you how many national shows I've seen and articles I've been reading that are saying the Rams are "stuck" with Bradford for 2013. And after that they can get rid of the contract and build a team.

Some people (Charlie Casserly, Mike Mayock, Michael Florio) have even said if the Rams like a QB enough at #16 or #22, they could take one there knowing they'll be off the hook for Bradford after 2013 (can cut him with lesser cap hit).

Here is the issue with Bradford, Matt Ryan, and Matthew Stafford in accordance to the new CBA. Their rookie contracts were so big that they will not be taking pay cuts in an extension. That means in Stafford's new deal with the Lions, he will likely make 15 million a year. Is Stafford a 15 million a year QB? No. Is Matt Ryan a 20 million a QB? No. Neither is Flacco and Bradford sure isn't.

There will be collusion among owners to build some sort of tier system similar to the NBA. Joe Flacco went from making 2 million a year to 20 million. That's too big of a jump in one contract and thus you see the Ravens lost so many players after the contract. Same thing happened to the Saints with Brees' new deal. These owners and GM's know the QB position is important. But giving so much money to one player kills a teams cap. When you have one player taking up let's say 20 million against the cap (roughly 10% of the cap) and you have 52 other players and only 100 million to do so, you can't build a quality, consistent team.

And I still say this about Fisher and Bradford. Yahoo Sports' Michael Silver is a close friend of Jeff Fisher. So close a friend that he was allowed in the Draft Room of the Rams last year to do an all-access piece for Yahoo Sports. Silver reported during the Fisher-Rams courtship in January of 2012 that Fisher was not sold on Sam Bradford as a difference making QB. Of course Fisher poo-pooed this once he was hired. But there was a meeting with Bradford before Fisher was hired. My people close to the Rams have told me Fisher and Snead knew when they took the job they'd be stuck with Bradford in 2012 and 2013 due to his guaranteed money, regardless of whether they thought he was any good or not. But after 2013 they could make the decision of whether they wanted to go forward with Bradford or let him go and go in a different direction. That is why they traded out of the #2 spot in 2012. They were stuck with Bradford due to the contract and guaranteed money tied to it in 2012 and 2013.

So Fisher and Snead said "we are going to trade the pick, build the roster in 2012 and 2013 and then get rid of that contract, the mediocre play at QB, and get someone that is a true difference maker in 2014. The two first round picks in 2014 will allow them to trade up to get a QB if they are too far back. This years draft will be spent finishing building the Offensive Line and the Defense. Then next year with the Bradford contract off the books, they can go into free agency to get a WR and get their QB in the Draft.

Yeah I don't buy that for a second. Mike Silver has been wrong plenty of times, when he said that Fisher wasn't 'sold' on Bradford, he was also saying that he expects him to go to Miami.... So he may be a close friend, but he certainly isn't in Fisher's head.

National Shows and talking heads also are all over the money making teams dicks, so they don't care about the Rams. Until St Louis is making the league tons of money they'll continue to shit on them. The NFL is all about marketability. It doesn't matter how shitty a player is, or good a player is, it's all about how much they can whore them out. See: Tim Tebow. I don't take much stock in what those people think.

Nobody knows what these guys will take in the form of a paycut either. Ryan? Probably not, he's on a really good team that allows him to succeed. Stafford? Calvin Johnson has given him 5000 yard seasons on his resume. Bradford doesn't have that, so we don't know what he'll do there. If the owners wanted to make 'tier' systems they should have done so already. Right now they have to wait another 8 years.

And I don't believe Sam had "mediocre" play either. He played very well last year, and is only going to improve. I don't know who 'your' people are, but I'm betting they don't know that much about what those two think. They had a trading partner for Sam and decided to keep him and trade the #2 draft pick instead. They could have traded Sam, took RG3, and with the rookie wage scale, probably be paying just the same.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Playmaker said:
I'm just saying I have a long history of being right despite being the lone voice on certain subjects.
Lol. All due respect, but I can name 10 Rams fans off the top of my head who have made identical claims. You're not the sole soothsayer, in other words.

And please familiarize yourself with the rules; particularly as they relate to debates that originated on other boards. We don't cultivate grudges here that began elsewhere.

Grazie.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Playmaker said:
bluecoconuts said:
interference said:
Playmaker said:
So the offensive line, like the defensive line and Corner Back in 2012, will be this teams top priority in this draft. Finish building up front this draft, and then next year they will go out and land their skill guys. And that includes dumping Sam Bradford
Huh? WTF????

Yeah..... I don't get this..... Why would we dump Bradford? Who are we going to replace him with? That makes no sense at all....

Here is the deal gentlemen. Even the biggest Bradford Honks in the STL Media is starting to turn on Bradford. I can not tell you how many national shows I've seen and articles I've been reading that are saying the Rams are "stuck" with Bradford for 2013. And after that they can get rid of the contract and build a team.

Some people (Charlie Casserly, Mike Mayock, Michael Florio) have even said if the Rams like a QB enough at #16 or #22, they could take one there knowing they'll be off the hook for Bradford after 2013 (can cut him with lesser cap hit).

Here is the issue with Bradford, Matt Ryan, and Matthew Stafford in accordance to the new CBA. Their rookie contracts were so big that they will not be taking pay cuts in an extension. That means in Stafford's new deal with the Lions, he will likely make 15 million a year. Is Stafford a 15 million a year QB? No. Is Matt Ryan a 20 million a QB? No. Neither is Flacco and Bradford sure isn't.

There will be collusion among owners to build some sort of tier system similar to the NBA. Joe Flacco went from making 2 million a year to 20 million. That's too big of a jump in one contract and thus you see the Ravens lost so many players after the contract. Same thing happened to the Saints with Brees' new deal. These owners and GM's know the QB position is important. But giving so much money to one player kills a teams cap. When you have one player taking up let's say 20 million against the cap (roughly 10% of the cap) and you have 52 other players and only 100 million to do so, you can't build a quality, consistent team.

And I still say this about Fisher and Bradford. Yahoo Sports' Michael Silver is a close friend of Jeff Fisher. So close a friend that he was allowed in the Draft Room of the Rams last year to do an all-access piece for Yahoo Sports. Silver reported during the Fisher-Rams courtship in January of 2012 that Fisher was not sold on Sam Bradford as a difference making QB. Of course Fisher poo-pooed this once he was hired. But there was a meeting with Bradford before Fisher was hired. My people close to the Rams have told me Fisher and Snead knew when they took the job they'd be stuck with Bradford in 2012 and 2013 due to his guaranteed money, regardless of whether they thought he was any good or not. But after 2013 they could make the decision of whether they wanted to go forward with Bradford or let him go and go in a different direction. That is why they traded out of the #2 spot in 2012. They were stuck with Bradford due to the contract and guaranteed money tied to it in 2012 and 2013.

So Fisher and Snead said "we are going to trade the pick, build the roster in 2012 and 2013 and then get rid of that contract, the mediocre play at QB, and get someone that is a true difference maker in 2014. The two first round picks in 2014 will allow them to trade up to get a QB if they are too far back. This years draft will be spent finishing building the Offensive Line and the Defense. Then next year with the Bradford contract off the books, they can go into free agency to get a WR and get their QB in the Draft.

If you have sources state them dont just blindly claim them and expect us to blindly belive them for all I know you source Is your bartender and barber.

I have watched Fisher his entire coaching career and still make no true claim as to what his actions will be. One thing I have watched over and over was people "close" to Fisher saying one thing just to do another I honestly think its part of his,smoke screen

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Playmaker said:
If you like Austin of course you'll agree with those that like Austin too. I'm just saying I have a long history of being right despite being the lone voice on certain subjects.

I said Rodger Saffold will not be the long term answer at OLT back in 2010 on RRF. I was ridiculed.

I said James Laurinaitis was just a guy at MLB back in 2009. So far he has not been a difference maker.

I said Sam Bradford was a product of his system at Oklahoma. He played behind one of the greatest O-Lines in College History in 2008 in one of the worst defensive conferences in College. I said once most of those linemen left in 2009, Bradford couldn't make it through one game without being hurt. That Josh Hypel and Jason White put up similar numbers in the same offense at Oklahoma and never made it in the NFL. And Bradford would be the same. And I so far so good on that one. That 2010 draft was similar to this years draft. QB poor. Bradford was the first QB taken. Tim Tebow was the other first round QB that year. The next two were Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy. Two of the four of them have already been traded.

Ugh. Not sure where to start. Did you just compare Sam Bradford, 2010 Offensive ROTY, to Josh fucking Heupel and Jason fucking White? Neither of them ever played a single DOWN in the NFL. How is that a legit comparison?? I get the feeling that arguing with someone who has already pointed out that he/she is always right is a waste of time....

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
A55VA6 said:
Sorry but you're on crack Playmaker. haha

There's no way we dump Bradford. You realize we've had one of the worst O lines and WR corps in the league and Bradford has managed to actually put up decent numbers? Just imagine Bradford having the o-line and WR talent of those playoff teams.

No offence to you personally, but I see a lot of people saying Sam had the worst receivers, So if Amendola fills Welker’s shoes in NE and is a boss this season what will they say next?

again, just sayin.

A55VA6

Legend
LosAngelesRams said:
A55VA6 said:

There's no way we dump Bradford. You realize we've had one of the worst O lines and WR corps in the league and Bradford has managed to actually put up decent numbers? Just imagine Bradford having the o-line and WR talent of those playoff teams.

No offence to you personally, but I see a lot of people saying Sam had the worst receivers, So if Amendola fills Welker’s shoes in NE and is a boss this season what will they say next?

again, just sayin.
That would be stupid because guess what? Why did Amendola have so much success? Because he had a good QB to deliver the ball. Why did Sam have success? Because Amendola would get open and catch the pass.

Good QB + Good WR = Production. And thats what Sam and Amendola did. Other Than Amendola what has bradford had? Nothing. Chris Givens comes in.. Plays well. Look what Sam did.

It's all about having weapons. What if the Patriots had Tom Brady, but was throwing to below average WR's? Everyone would say he sucks because there's little production... just like they try to say about Bradford.

You can disagree all you want. But I think Bradford is a damn good QB. I think if he had the offense that Ryan, Flacco, Brady, Rodgers has.. he'd be just as good OR BETTER than those guys.

Like i said, disagree if you want.. but I believe in Sam 100%. Give him weapons.. and he will succeed.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
LosAngelesRams said:
A55VA6 said:

again, just sayin.

So one good reciever makes tge whole wr corps awsome.

Amendola was a deceny reciver but Sam did not have a CORPS of wrs he had one decent wr and a group of eh to throw to

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
LosAngelesRams said:
A55VA6 said:

again, just sayin.
The first thing Amendola needs to do to impress me(and to have a great season in NE) is to stay healthy.
He was Sam's best reciever who couldn't stay on the field.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Playmaker said:
bluecoconuts said:
interference said:
Playmaker said:
Huh? WTF????

cool story bro.

Playmaker

Faceplant said:
Ugh. Not sure where to start. Did you just compare Sam Bradford, 2010 Offensive ROTY, to Josh freaking Heupel and Jason freaking White? Neither of them ever played a single DOWN in the NFL. How is that a legit comparison?? I get the feeling that arguing with someone who has already pointed out that he/she is always right is a waste of time....

Go look up Josh Hypel and Jason White's record and stats at Oklahoma and compare them to Sam Bradford's stats at Oklahoma. Also compare Landry Jones', who is in this years draft and is expected to be a 4th round pick or later.

Sam Bradford 2010 Offensive Rookie of the Year.......so that is all that makes a player great? Who was his competition? LeGarrette Blount? Mike Williams? Not exactly All-Pro's. Being Offensive Rookie of the Year in the NFL doesn't mean anything to me. Why? Because players like Vince Young, Cadillac Williams, and Anthony Thomas and Mike Anderson have won it as well since 2000. So that is meaningless. One season does not make a career.

I am about wins. Bradford has a 15-28-1 as a starting NFL QB. His stats? Mediocre. What is he better at right now than he was when he took the field week 1 in the 2010 season against Arizona? His deep ball is a little better. Other than that, he still can not read a defense. He still stares at one receiver and locks on. He has slow eyes, never looking off the Safety. He still dinks and dunks and has zero pocket awareness. Fans say he doesn't have weapons. Yet Donnie Avery, Danario Alexander, and Laurent Robinson have went on to have at least one good season with another team.

How many games in 2012 alone did a Bradford led St.Louis Rams offense score one or less offensive TD's in a game? I believe that answer is 9 times.

How many times has a QB that started from week 1 as a rookie, then started for the first 3 seasons of his career, have such bad numbers yet turn it around?

The average NFL playing career is 3 seasons. Bradford has played 3 seasons. So yes, I do have every reason to judge him off of his three mediocre season.

You see my friend, I am all about the facts. And the fact is Sam Bradford was the #1 overall pick which means he should've been a difference maker. Go back and look at that years draft. I bet he isn't even in the top 25 players that were drafted if you look at the first 3 years of their careers.

The fact is he is Tim Couch Part II. Similar win totals after their first 44 starts. Similar numbers across the board. The fact is he was not worthy of the #1 pick. He wasn't even worth a top 10 pick. Maybe even not even worth a first round pick. It was a desperate pick made by a desperate franchise with an owner trying to sell the team to a new buyer and a GM and Head Coach that were worthless.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
LosAngelesRams said:
Rabid Ram said:
LosAngelesRams said:
A55VA6 said:

again, just sayin.

So one good reciever makes tge whole wr corps awsome.

Amendola was a deceny reciver but Sam did not have a CORPS of wrs he had one decent wr and a group of eh to throw to

1 word, LIONS.

I never said 1 receiver makes corps, its well known I'm a chris givens fan.

No I said one GOOD not a extremely talented lights out freakish reciver. You can not even begen to compare amendola against megatron.

And you kinda did you basicly stated if the oft injured amendola goes to the pats and plays healthy and has a good season it must have been sams fault cause he had wepons here.

Forgetting

1 amendolas injury bug
2 tom Brady
3 patriots other wepons like gronk helping to be able to carry the load

Amendola prob will fair better in new England vet qb and more wepons amendola was every teams focus here because we really had no other reciving threats to take the load of Danny. Yes Sam has been mediocre but to say,he had wepons,because we had amendola is ludicris

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Playmaker said:
#2. Players like T.Y. Hilton, Randall Cobb, etc... are not first round picks because of their size. Like it or not size is an attribute in the NFL. These players are not used with premium picks because they will be hurt due to their lack of size. They can not be relied on as every down WR's. Their value is outside the first round where you have less money wrapped up in them for the short term.

Why did Percy Harvin get traded for more than a 1st then?

#3. My point was slot WR's are not first round worthy. Too many of them that are playing at a high level were undrafted. So why waste a first round pick on one? (See RB)

Same argument holds true of OGs. And WRs as a whole. And LBs. And Safeties. And CBs. And Centers. And TEs. Just changed the word undrafted to drafted outside the first round.

Better yet, Cruz actually spent a lot of time outside the slot this year. So does he now count against outside WRs too?

4. I said "if the Rams are going to use a first round on a WR, I'd rather see them wait until next year when the two WR's (Watkins and Lee) will be in the draft" I'm not big on taking WR's in the first round. But if they do, take ne that is worth a first round. An all-around WR that will be out there in every situation.

So then you might as well hold strong and object to any WRs in the first round if that's your philosophy.

#5. Why Ted Ginn and not Desean Jackson? Simple. Jackson plays outside the numbers. Ginn could not. Tavon Austin will never make a living playing outside the numbers. Jackson was a more polished WR as well when he came out.

Ginn did play outside the numbers. Ginn's issue was he couldn't catch the football and was soft/injury prone.

To back up my case, here's Ted Ginn playing outside in the NFL and burning Darrelle Revis:
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRz9WCgXRU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRz9WCgXRU</a>

So obviously, Ginn could play outside the numbers. Being a slot WR had nothing to do with his failure. Is there any other reason why?

Bottom line is this. Fisher and Snead do not talk out of both sides of their mouths. They do what they say they are going to do. And they have said they are building a tough, physical team and that begins from the inside out. We're not sure Rodger Saffold (hold out), Harvey Dahl (late season serious injury), or Scott Wells (another offseason knee injury) will play another down for the Rams. So the offensive line, like the defensive line and Corner Back in 2012, will be this teams top priority in this draft. Finish building up front this draft, and then next year they will go out and land their skill guys. And that includes dumping Sam Bradford

They don't speak out of both sides of their mouth? Ok...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-interviews/0ap2000000144888/Rams-general-manager-Snead-We-ve-got-to-get-weapons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-in ... et-weapons</a>
Starts at 4:20
"We've got to get weapons. They come in all shapes and sizes. Some of them are 5'8"..." (paraphrasing)

Doesn't sound like someone who ruled out Tavon Austin. In fact, aren't they having him in for a visit?

And as for dumping Bradford...hasn't Fisher complimented Bradford many times and said just recently that the lack of supporting cast was the biggest issue in Bradford's stats? Same old song and dance, playmaker.

Doesn't sound like someone who is planning to dump him. Guess he's speaking out of both sides of his mouth there...

jrry32, I know I am right about Austin. Just like I was right about Auburn in 2010 when you and U Got Ram Right scoffed at me on RRF. Well.....I told you so.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.roopstigo.com/reader/auburns_vainted_title_victims_violations_and_vendettas_for_glory/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.roopstigo.com/reader/auburns ... for_glory/</a>

If you're going to bring up old points, you might as well be truthful. You said the NCAA would strip Auburn because of Cam Newton getting paid. They already wrapped up their investigation into Newton. Better yet, that isn't the NCAA stripping them of their NC. If it happens, feel free to thump your chest...despite it NOT being for the reasons you claimed.

But since we're bringing up old disagreements...why don't we stick to WRs? How about that disagreement between me and you before the 2011 NFL Draft? You ranked Leonard Hankerson above Julio Jones and Torrey Smith. I thought both were clearly better.

Does that make me right about Austin?

Why don't we move forward rather than focusing on the past? Let the sleeping dogs lie.

LosAngelesRams said:
A55VA6 said:

again, just sayin.

What will they need to say? Danny was on pace for 90 to 100+ catches and 1000+ yards in ST. LOUIS before getting hurt. I guess it's Bradford's fault that he got injured.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Playmaker said:
The fact is he is Tim Couch Part II. Similar win totals after their first 44 starts. Similar numbers across the board. The fact is he was not worthy of the #1 pick. He wasn't even worth a top 10 pick. Maybe even not even worth a first round pick. It was a desperate pick made by a desperate franchise with an owner trying to sell the team to a new buyer and a GM and Head Coach that were worthless.

That's not a fact, that's an opinion. Bradford's 2012 season was far better than any year Couch had in his career.

In fact, Bradford was better than Jay Cutler and Matt Stafford this year. He was nearly as good as Joe Flacco. Are their respective teams trying to get rid of them?

No. The Rams attitude towards Bradford has been quite the opposite of what you are claiming.

But you've been saying this for 3 years now. Eventually...you might just be right.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
jrry32 said:
LosAngelesRams said:
this whole thread is everyone attacking the guy that didnt like Sam, you guys are the freak monkeys jumping on people for voicing there opinions.

Is calling people "monkeys" really helping the issue? Lets all take a chill pill and get back to football.

Playmaker is entitled to his opinions. I've missed his opinions...have always made for good debate. We can remain civil while discussing things even if we disagree.

Exactly I enjoy debating with you and playmaker both weather I am for or against your opinion

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't mind differing opinions, and I don't think anyone else here does either.

But here's what I'm NOT going to tolerate on this forum.

1. Talking about posters instead of the post topic
2. People insisting that their opinions are truths ... and because of that --
3. Talking down to someone else, or belittling someone else's opinion.

If anyone here has an issue with any of those things (which are in the rules, btw), then take it on down the road and don't look back. I'm not going to have this forum turn into some other forum that went south because the administration there was too fucking soft.

Count on that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm giving this thread a warning. Anymore attacks against a poster and this thread is locked. Lets keep things civil, and not get hot headed. We can have a debate without attacking the poster. If not, then I'll do what's needed.

Lets get back on track a little here.

Now since we talked about former Oklahoma stats for QB's who have apparently done just as well in college as Sam Bradford, and did nothing in the NFL... I did do the research. Best in each category are highlighted.

First Josh Heupel.. Two years in Oklahoma 12 games total. His career stats are as follows:
629 completions, 986 attempts (63.8%) for 7242 yards (7.3 average)... 7.1 YPA and 53 TD's with 30 INT's for a QB rating of 137.1

Jason White... Five years in Oklahoma 36 games total. His career stats are:
627 completions, 990 attempts (63.3%) for 7922 yards (8.0 average).. 8.5 YPA and 81 TD's with 24 INT's for a QB rating of 152.7

Landry Jones... Four years in Oklahoma 52 games total. His career stats are:
[hil]1388 completions, 2183attempts[/hil] (63.6%) for [hil]16646 yards[/hil] (7.6 average).. 7.7 YPA and [hil]123 TD's[/hil] with 52 INT's for a QB ratings of 141.5

And finally, Sam Bradford.. Three years in Oklahoma 31 games total. His careers stats are:
604 completions, 893 attempts ([hil]67.6%[/hil]) for 8403 yards ([hil]9.4 average[/hil]).. [hil]10.6 YPA[/hil] and 88 TD's with [hil]16 INT's[/hil] for a [hil]QB rating of 175.6[/hil]

So no, the stats are not anywhere near the same. Landy Jones only has more yards by virtue of throwing over twice as much as anyone else. Sam Bradford was far better in his time there, which is probably why he won the Heisman and was picked first. To compare them and suggest that Bradford was simply a product of a college system is rather shortsighted.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
bluecoconuts said:
I'm giving this thread a warning. Anymore attacks against a poster and this thread is locked. Lets keep things civil, and not get hot headed. We can have a debate without attacking the poster. If not, then I'll do what's needed.

Lets get back on track a little here.

Now since we talked about former Oklahoma stats for QB's who have apparently done just as well in college as Sam Bradford, and did nothing in the NFL... I did do the research. Best in each category are highlighted.

First Josh Heupel.. Two years in Oklahoma 12 games total. His career stats are as follows:
629 completions, 986 attempts (63.8%) for 7242 yards (7.3 average)... 7.1 YPA and 53 TD's with 30 INT's for a QB rating of 137.1

Jason White... Five years in Oklahoma 36 games total. His career stats are:
627 completions, 990 attempts (63.3%) for 7922 yards (8.0 average).. 8.5 YPA and 81 TD's with 24 INT's for a QB rating of 152.7

Landry Jones... Four years in Oklahoma 52 games total. His career stats are:
[hil]1388 completions, 2183attempts[/hil] (63.6%) for [hil]16646 yards[/hil] (7.6 average).. 7.7 YPA and [hil]123 TD&#39;s[/hil] with 52 INT's for a QB ratings of 141.5

And finally, Sam Bradford.. Three years in Oklahoma 31 games total. His careers stats are:
604 completions, 893 attempts ([hil]67.6%[/hil]) for 8403 yards ([hil]9.4 average[/hil]).. [hil]10.6 YPA[/hil] and 88 TD's with [hil]16 INT&#39;s[/hil] for a [hil]QB rating of 175.6[/hil]

So no, the stats are not anywhere near the same. Landy Jones only has more yards by virtue of throwing over twice as much as anyone else. Sam Bradford was far better in his time there, which is probably why he won the Heisman and was picked first. To compare them and suggest that Bradford was simply a product of a college system is rather shortsighted.
+1

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
Not that I walk in lock-step with analysts or head coaches, but when the bulk of them all say the same things about Bradford, then it warrants at the very least some professional consideration. And I'm honestly done laying out all of the variables involved in his short career thus far. Those who are opposed to the predominant viewpoint on Bradford are never going to pay it any attention anyway. Mind = made up.

At this point, all that matters is that people make an attempt to discuss it without assuming complete infallibility of opinion. The mere fact that there ARE varying views on this means that there is no one absolute truth of the matter, so how about we all try to avoid appointing ourselves the authority on all things Rams.

Mkay?

Playmaker

So let me ask this. For all of you that are backing Sam Bradford what has he done in his career that makes you think he's good? I'm being kind of a smart ass with this statement, but do you think there is some sort of magic potion he will drink that will make him start making his progressions on receivers? Start looking off Safeties? Start reading Defenses?

And I've always laughed at the notion of a receiver getting separation. In college you see guys running wide open. In the NFL the notion of consistent separation does not exist. Calvin Johnson does not get separation. He's always got defenders draped all over him.

I'll tell you what the Rams receivers problems have been.

#1. None of them consistently high point a ball. Brandon Gibson was the only one that did that.

#2. None of them had the ability to break a tackle and/or get yards after the tackle. Rams receivers seem to always catch and get tackled.

Going back to the Tavon Austin thing. Do you see any defenses in the NFL that resemble the crappy defenses he played in the Big XII or Big East? You realize most College Defenses have one, maybe two players that can play in the NFL? How many NFL starting CB's did Austin play against in college? How did he do? The Head Coach at West Virginia was the OC at Oklahoma State prior to going to WVU. Why is it his offenses consistently put up big numbers rarely produce NFL players?

I am telling you guys Austin is an NFL player, but not an every down player. He's like a 3rd down RB. Or a run stuffing DT. Or a Passing down edge rusher. He's a specialist player. He's not a 3 down offensive player. And those type of players should not be drafted in the first round.