My Heart Goes out to Front Office

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Try not to get upset Coach. Most of us have a very small sample size of Gilbert to pull from. You have seen what he is capable of first hand.

Fisher reiterated your reports by stating that Gilbert has looked mu h better In practice then he has SO FAR in games.

For most fans, the unknown can be scary when the season starts in two weeks.
Garrett Gilbert, or any other rookie QB would not change this situation one iota. The problem is, as I see it, way too many people are completely discounting what Shawn Hill is capable of doing. While I'm certain he isn't as talented as Bradford, he isn't Tony Banks either.

Many are spouting off that the FO didn't do anything to prepare for this sort of scenario. I beg to differ. What did Denver do to prepare for, God forbid something happening to an aging, QB, who has had recent health issues? Think they wouldn't be in the exact same situation? What about Green Bay? A. Rodgers missed significant time last year, what did they do to cover themselves if something happens to him again? People, there just aren't that many outstanding backups in the NFL. Any of those guys are STARTING somewhere.

Now they want to aim the bulls eye on the draft. Tell me which one of the rookie QBs that came out this year, that didn't have some baggage in their pre-draft evaluations? Hindsight is always 20/20, and as I stated, I am more than fine with their early selections. I sure agreed with them NOT taking Bortles with the 2nd overall pick. I am THANKFUL they didn't pass up the chance to draft Donald at 13. And considering JOHNNY FREAKING FOOTBALL cannot beat out Hoyer in Cleveland, speaks volumes about what THIS QB class represented.

Garrett Gilbert may not have played in the SEC, may not have been one of the high profile guys all the "experts" were bantering about in May, but he has all the things you look for in a DEVELOPMENTAL young QB. That he isn't "the guy" after 4 months in an NFL uniform, has very little to do with this entire conversation.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Hill was the best QB available. I don't know what occurred this preseason to give the impression that he can't handle this offense.

Who are all these fantastic mid round QBS that we should have drafted? I don't recall any young QBs other than Wilson, Cap, and Luck who have any buzz going.

VARam

screw that. they all need to be jettisoned. they've set the franchise back five years.