My guess is Will Levis if he’s still available

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Levis is averaging 21.5 TD's and 11.5 INT's the past two years. That doesn't really scream franchise savior. I would consider him more a project with raw talent. If he's still there in the 3rd round then maybe he'd be worth taking a risk. Especially if they traded back and picked up an extra day 2 pick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good tape for most part. All the film I've watched just looks like slightly more accurate version of Josh Allen coming out of college. Course it's all about how one develops (see Allen who improved every year) but I wouldn't hate this pick. I've seen people complain about his throws always having too much on them and they do but he's capable of making throws that are very catchable like at 2:36. Still had a bit of zip on it but that's not a bad thing. His release is nice albeit tends to laser those shallow... luckily he's tall with long ass arms so ball is usually high enough anyway.

I'd still rather skip a premium QB pick this year for other starting talent. If we need a QB next offseason I don't foresee McSnead not solving that one way or another because they get shit done when needed.
I didn't think much of Allen when he came out. Boy was I wrong. Part of what makes this so intriguing is it's up to the players and how hard they work and maximize their opportunity. But at some point the fit really matters.

Imagine if the 9ers had taken Marino. He'd almost surely be in the GOAT conversation. Dude may have won more rings there than Brady. Or if Allen had been drafted by the Browns. He might be serving fries right now in that alternate universe.

So from a fit perspective Levis would make sense. So would Hall, or Tune, or Hooker too. But Levis would be a legit backup for us year one because he already has been exposed to the offense and would be able to absorb a lot of the shit they teach in camp instead of his head spinning from the jargon and concepts.

Anyway I trust McVay as it pertains to QB and he has the inside line with this kid due to Coen. If he takes Levis he'll probably end up being a steal. If not he'll have good reason to pass.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And he puts tons of mayonnaise in his coffee super gross.
A part of me wonders if thats all show. “Look at me, I am different.”

I’d like to know how long he’s been doing that.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Most importantly every QB needy team did their research on him and no one took him. That speaks volumes. Why take a potential 3 year backup what is the logic? Especially with so many holes on both sides of the ball.

I think we need a QB, but a BU QB. Levis and Hooker see themselves as franchise type starters no one else did or they would be gone by now. Like I say historically most of starting QBs in the NFL come from the top half of first round outside of several outliers along the way like Wilson, Dak, Brady etc. But in general most are 1st picks in the draft or up to top 10 that start in the NFL.

I really like DTR from UCLA why because he can really run and he's smart and most of all he completed 69.5% of his passes which was 6th best in college football last year. Most of all - all the other 5 QBs with a higher completion % were NONE of any of the QBs in this draft. Completion Percentage is to me by far the WAY MOST important stat more than arm strength etc. Also 95% of all starters in college football had less than 63% comp. passer %, so his 69.5% is fabulous. Many didn't break 60%. Usually QBs do really well in the NFL with high college comp. % unless they were dink and dunkers DTR is not. Remember Sean Mannion Mr. a zillion yards passing at OSU but he had a 55% completion % that sucked and he sucked. Take DTR and we will be very happy plus he can simulate the running QBs.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I watched Hendon Hooker and Will Levis highlights and reviewed some stats for both.

How is Levis in the same tier as Hooker???

Hendon Hooker is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Levis. It’s not close. To only throw 5 INTs in two seasons in the SEC is insane… dude would have been a top 5 pick if he doesn’t have the ACL.

Also, I don’t really care about 25 years old considering how much longer QBs play now than in the past.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I watched Hendon Hooker and Will Levis highlights and reviewed some stats for both.

Hendon Hooker is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Levis. It’s not close. To only throw 5 INTs in two seasons in the SEC is insane… dude would have been a top 5 pick if he doesn’t have the ACL.

Also, I don’t really care about 25 years old considering how much longer QBs play now than in the past.
Unfortunately, it is not that simple. Stats alone and Hooker is the #1 pick in the draft honestly. The offense Hooker played in is a very far cry from an NFL offense. So really, his evaluation is very incomplete. He will have to learn an entirely new system and actually read defenses, which he didn't have to do at Tennessee (which is why I really dislike Hyatt here too, never played against press or anything but a free release at the line). Levis played in a NFL style offense so is likely much closer to being ready to play. I'd take Levis over Hooker, but its not by a large margin.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Levis had significantly less talent to throw to than Hooker. Hooker had Jalen Hyatt and Cedric Tillman - both receivers will likely get drafted today. He had a better offensive line last year than Levis. And what's more Levis ran a more pro-ready system than Hooker, who was a single-read throw to. Yes, only five interceptions is impressive, but when you look at whom he was throwing to and his system, it's not as impressive as what Levis did with much less.

So yes, I'd take Levis over Hooker - especially considering Hooker's ACL injury. I want nothing to do with Hooker, but I'd be fine if Levis was there and we pulled the trigger.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In an hour, shte's gonna get real!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Levis had significantly less talent to throw to than Hooker. Hooker had Jalen Hyatt and Cedric Tillman - both receivers will likely get drafted today. He had a better offensive line last year than Levis. And what's more Levis ran a more pro-ready system than Hooker, who was a single-read throw to. Yes, only five interceptions is impressive, but when you look at whom he was throwing to and his system, it's not as impressive as what Levis did with much less.

So yes, I'd take Levis over Hooker - especially considering Hooker's ACL injury. I want nothing to do with Hooker, but I'd be fine if Levis was there and we pulled the trigger.
You just hate hookers!

jjab360

Legend
Most importantly every QB needy team did their research on him and no one took him. That speaks volumes. Why take a potential 3 year backup what is the logic? Especially with so many holes on both sides of the ball.

I think we need a QB, but a BU QB. Levis and Hooker see themselves as franchise type starters no one else did or they would be gone by now. Like I say historically most of starting QBs in the NFL come from the top half of first round outside of several outliers along the way like Wilson, Dak, Brady etc. But in general most are 1st picks in the draft or up to top 10 that start in the NFL.

I really like DTR from UCLA why because he can really run and he's smart and most of all he completed 69.5% of his passes which was 6th best in college football last year. Most of all - all the other 5 QBs with a higher completion % were NONE of any of the QBs in this draft. Completion Percentage is to me by far the WAY MOST important stat more than arm strength etc. Also 95% of all starters in college football had less than 63% comp. passer %, so his 69.5% is fabulous. Many didn't break 60%. Usually QBs do really well in the NFL with high college comp. % unless they were dink and dunkers DTR is not. Remember Sean Mannion Mr. a zillion yards passing at OSU but he had a 55% completion % that sucked and he sucked. Take DTR and we will be very happy plus he can simulate the running QBs.
I mean... there's a lot to breakdown here about the inefficiency of relying on completion percentage as a stat but the bolded is just untrue.

Sean Mannion was not a good QB prospect and I still don't understand why we drafted him but he never dipped below 62% in 4 full years as a starter.

The college QB you might have been thinking of with a career completion percentage of 56.2% might be Josh Allen. Or maybe you were thinking of Stafford with 57.1%? Lamar Jackson with 57%?

At least we can rest easy relying on Zach Wilson's bulk stats as a college prospect in 2020 with a 73.5%, 33 TDs, and 3 Ints. What could possibly go wrong there?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most importantly every QB needy team did their research on him and no one took him. That speaks volumes.
Doesn't mean shit. Teams get it wrong plenty. Marino slipped due to BS reasons. Rodgers same. Though he's still a douchenozzle. Teams fuck up QB evaluations every year. It's a tough thing to get right.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sean Mannion was not a good QB prospect and I still don't understand why we drafted him but he never dipped below 62% in 4 full years as a starter.
McVay would never have drafted Mannion. I just don't see that one. He knows what he's doing there IMO. If he vets a QB and wants him you go get him, whoever it is.

Still think they're after Hall but we'll see here soon thankfully.

nighttrain

Legend
Doesn't mean shit. Teams get it wrong plenty. Marino slipped due to BS reasons. Rodgers same. Though he's still a douchenozzle. Teams fuck up QB evaluations every year. It's a tough thing to get right.
Kurt Warner?
train

jjab360

Legend
McVay would never have drafted Mannion. I just don't see that one. He knows what he's doing there IMO. If he vets a QB and wants him you go get him, whoever it is.

Agreed. Fisher was lost in the sauce when it came to QBs.

That being said, I want to agree with the McVay stamp of approval but wtf were we doing hanging on to Wolford and Perkins for as long as we did??

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Heck, even the Rams (once the injury occured and Warner became the QB) had no idea Warner would be a good QB. It's a crap shot.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

Good Lord I hope you are correct, sir.