My guess is Will Levis if he’s still available

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

808RAMS

Rookie
Name
Spencer
Rams need a qb for the future. A couple of years under Stafford/McVay will get him ready for 2025.

Tano

Legend
Michael Scott No GIF

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If we take him, it makes us no better in '23 and we have a much higher chance of picking high in next draft which just so happens to feature fantastic QB's. Unless its known he's amazing by then, it doesn't make too much sense for us at 36.

Not to mention, that high of a pick on a QB likely won't make Stafford that happy, unless he has already disclosed he's retiring after this season.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I don't understand the interest in this QB. I don't see him being any better than Jake Haener or Clayton Tune.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If the Vikings passed on him, I'm suspicious that the Rams would want him. They're in need of a QB and Cousins is year to year right now. Both they and McVay have a line to Coen.

We'll see, I guess.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again, I think this adds to the intrigue as the Rams draft Hooker over Levis even though Liam Coen raves about him.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I see the argument for him but...I can't. Just can't.

Too many needs too many other places. I realize drafting for need lends itself to reaching but there's a lot of guys left that match value to need in these next two rounds.

I wouldn't do it...

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO McKee should be there in the 3rd round and he projects as another Stafford type of QB. Strong accurate arm, able to read defenses and run a complex offensive system as well as being not particularly mobile. Frankly I like McKee better and have said so for weeks.

Hooker is coming off an injury, we don't need another Terrell Lewis. Levis has the physical tools but IMO it's what is between the ears that is the ??? McKee has a higer ceiling and is IMO a safer pick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Again, I think this adds to the intrigue as the Rams draft Hooker over Levis even though Liam Coen raves about him.
That would make for some entertaining conversation wouldn't it. :laugh2:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Trade back if possible, otherwise CB/ Edge. Maybe Hyatt at WR or Mayer at TE....

After further review on QB, target O'Connell or Tune later.

Psycho_X

Legend
His first season in our offense, under Coen, when he had an OL. This is vs LSU:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwZTwJD-zb4

Good tape for most part. All the film I've watched just looks like slightly more accurate version of Josh Allen coming out of college. Course it's all about how one develops (see Allen who improved every year) but I wouldn't hate this pick. I've seen people complain about his throws always having too much on them and they do but he's capable of making throws that are very catchable like at 2:36. Still had a bit of zip on it but that's not a bad thing. His release is nice albeit tends to laser those shallow... luckily he's tall with long ass arms so ball is usually high enough anyway.

I'd still rather skip a premium QB pick this year for other starting talent. If we need a QB next offseason I don't foresee McSnead not solving that one way or another because they get shit done when needed.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
None of the teams ahead of us (Steelers, Cardinals, Lions, Colts) are likely to take a QB, so, absent a trade, he probably makes it to No. 36.

I’ve heard, though (mostly on NFL radio) that some teams have Hooker rated above Levis. Maybe we’re one of those teams?

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
If McVay has stated his interest in a better offense and a desire for a better redzone weapon....would they leave Mayer on the board at 36?