My confession on Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All I can say is the best antique stores are the ones that have a bar nearby. :laugh4:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Saw a tweet saying Jared Goff as a SB QB is like saying Rex Grossman is a SB QB.

Ooof. It's true tho
I call BS!!! What kind of a Rams Fan are you.I guess you don’t give certain players credit when it’s due.He always gave The Rams a chance to win.There are very few times The Rams weren’t in it in the end under Sean Mcvay.I like the trade for Stafford,but I don’t know how Ram Fans can’t cheer for Jared Goff to do well.
I can count say AD99 had a few bad games as well.Yes he may be the greatest ever DT

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I call BS!!! What kind of a Rams Fan are you.I guess you don’t give certain players credit when it’s due.He always gave The Rams a chance to win.There are very few times The Rams weren’t in it in the end under Sean Mcvay.I like the trade for Stafford,but I don’t know how Ram Fans can’t cheer for Jared Goff to do well.
I can count say AD99 had a few bad games as well.Yes he may be the greatest ever DT

First thing, I don't have to justify my fandom to you.

Second, I hold my stance. I ain't cheering for him. Dude wasnt good last year when he was needed most. Securing a playoff spot and instead had to scratch and claw with a back up UDFA QB week 17.

Get. Over. It.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Why is goff looking anywhere but the endzone on the last 2 plays. And on the pass drop to the TE on 2nd down he had a receiver breaking open into the endzone. But per the reason he is gone he checked it down. know the situation. Wish he could have figured it out here, but I'm glad he is gone now.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Merlin on his lunch break missing the games?
iu
Nice throw, sign him to the practice squad

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
First thing, I don't have to justify my fandom to you.

Second, I hold my stance. I ain't cheering for him. Dude wasnt good last year when he was needed most. Securing a playoff spot and instead had to scratch and claw with a back up UDFA QB week 17.

Get. Over. It.
Jared Goff is no HOF player,nor will he be.Rex Grossman he is not.How many games as a Rams QB did he miss.
I’m ready to see if Matthew Stafford can make a SuperBowl run,but your comment on Goff is a Joke IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fun game. Lions gave them a hell of a fight late. Sad that the haters show up in another pro-Goff thread. Bad first half from JG. But he and the Lions fought back in the second half. Encouraging effort for Campbell and co. Everybody knew going into this game that they were badly outclassed by the 49ers.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Glad Goff is not our QB anymore. Now we can make a real run at the SB, and actually score at least 1 touchdown in the superbowl.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Jared Goff is no HOF player,nor will he be.Rex Grossman he is not.How many games as a Rams QB did he miss.
I’m ready to see if Matthew Stafford can make a SuperBowl run,but your comment on Goff is a Joke IMO.

Lol, and I stick with it. I expect better from the Ram QB. Not stressing every game how he's gonna turn it over this time.

Tano

Legend
"When he had enough time to throw" - there are a metric ton of QBs who would have success with enough time to throw. So much more goes into it than just the OL. Defenses spend thousands of hours scheming to get pressure.

This is a fallacy anyways - because there were games during the 2018 season where the OL got beat and Goff played horribly (Bears, Patriots) - so even for the best OL we've had in however many years, they got beat at times and when they did, it showed how much Goff struggles with pressure relative to other QBs, which is one of the biggest reasons we had to move on.
True but Goff has always been one of the most accurate passers from 10 to 20 yards. And give him time where he isn't being hit before a receiver gets 10 yard and he will most likely complete that pass.

Too many times last year he was being hit before receivers even got 10 yards. And that's when he threw the terrible passes.

HellRam

Starter
Ironically Goff had a very Stafford Lions esque game. Solid numbers on a bad team.

He didn't play great but showed some stuff. Goff can be serviceable for DET. If anything he showed he wasn't completely McVay dependent. Which has been a popular talking point.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ironically Goff had a very Stafford Lions esque game. Solid numbers on a bad team.

He didn't play great but showed some stuff. Goff can be serviceable for DET. If anything he showed he wasn't completely McVay dependent. Which has been a popular talking point.
He looked like normal Goff to me.

HellRam

Starter
He looked like normal Goff to me.

He needs to get his deep ball placement back dialed in again. But overall I agree. If you told me that offense would score 30 plus with no Decker and those recievers. I'd say that's a good sign for DET.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
338 yards on 38 for 57 with 3 td's and 1 int is usually good enough for a win.

But not when your dreadful Def gives up 34 points and you toss a pick six to make matters even worse.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Contrary to popular belief, Goff is not a Dumpster fire. He needs to get better and other young QBs seem to get it quicker, but he will improve and be a really good QB. Unless he keeps going home early to get himself some from his hot GF. LOL

TexasRam

Legend
With half the talent he’s used to working with.
They moved the chains all day, I figured 20 points would have been a tall ask. 30? Wow
Agreed. With almost zero perimeter WRs Goff puts up a top notch game and 30+ vs a so called top defense.

With constant dropped passes thrown on a dime.

jjab360

Legend
I thought Goff played very well when compared to the expectations and the drop off in supporting cast. I think he'll have a very good season, but the Lions likely won't win very many games with that defense.