My confession on Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish him the best. He was part of our turn around from perennial bottom-feeders to perennial contenders and by all accounts was a great guy on and off the field. That being said I hardly watch football outside of the Rams I just don't care enough about other teams so I wont be following/watching him unless he's playing the Rams.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I read the headline I thought you were going to say your confession was that you found yourself getting strangely aroused when you think about him

I was going to agree.

But moving on, I agree with your post, he seems like a really great guy and he did take us to a Super Bowl.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
I just need Goff to have a better career than G-string Jimmy given all the smack talk I've had with my friends out there in Whinerville.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I hope every team except for ours has a terrible season regardless of who's on the team...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff having a decent game for a crap team. Would love to see him knock off the 9ers.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Throws like that are what made McVay give up on Goff. Gonna be a long season for the kid.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Goff so far averaging like 6 yards per completion and tossed a pick 6...sounds about right

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Saw a tweet saying Jared Goff as a SB QB is like saying Rex Grossman is a SB QB.

Ooof. It's true tho

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
One game doesn't make a player - but damn, after that KC game in November of 2018 I'd have put down good money that Goff would be a Ram forever.... Then again, a 40 yard toss to Everett to seal it - now both gone. Joyner and Peters with picks - gone today. Ebukam scoop and score. Gone. Cooks 100 yard game. See ya.

Just like sales - what have ya done for me today... :laugh4:
The next year 2019 & The Rams were 3-0 to start the season. In come Tampa Bay & now Noteboom & Brian Allen become issue after that.Just sort of remember that blur where Tampa Bay put up like 50 points.
Had the game recorded but knew the score & couldn’t watch.55 points against AD99 ? Excuse me ? Whose that on Bones,Wade,the OLine,Goff? The Rams still scored 40.
Just as easy as it is to remember a game it is to forget one.Memory serves me I could watch KC game either.I give Mahomes credit though.He beat the San Jose team & lost to one of the Bay teams.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
First year of a rebuild = rough. Lions need help everywhere except maybe TE.

IMO they'll get a top 5 pick to go along with our #1 pick. Perfect scenario to either go BPA or top QB.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have no ill-will for Goff.
And I agree, 100%, with the decision to move on from him.
4.4 ypa and a pick six today, so far, for Goff.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Goff is looking a lot like he did last year. He does not read defenses fast enough like a proficient NFL QB must. He's still throwing everything short and underneath with no stressing the defense in the intermediate or deep zones.
The pick six he gave up was just terrible. He threw into into triple coverage with no chance for his receiver to make a play at all.
Actually the one play he did go a bit deeper than usual he missed a his receiver (Brown) and threw it out of bounds.

Guys, we can all rejoice that Coach Mac and Les Snead made the call to move on from Jared. He regressed last year and it is looking like that trend and (sorry Lions fans) is going to continue for the foreseeable future.

As I type this the Whiners are blowing out the Lions, the Cardinals are torching the Titans and the Squawks are thumping the Colts. All the NFC West is on the road except us and they are making it look easy. IMO we had next to no chance to win in a division like ours with a QB like Goff. Just wasn't going to happen despite what many were hoping for.

The NFC West is easily the toughest division in the NFL and we were going to go nowhere with a regressing QB like Goff.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Goff is looking a lot like he did last year. He does not read defenses fast enough like a proficient NFL QB must. He's still throwing everything short and underneath with no stressing the defense in the intermediate or deep zones.
The pick six he gave up was just terrible. He threw into into triple coverage with no chance for his receiver to make a play at all.
Actually the one play he did go a bit deeper than usual he missed a his receiver (Brown) and threw it out of bounds.

Guys, we can all rejoice that Coach Mac and Les Snead made the call to move on from Jared. He regressed last year and it is looking like that trend and (sorry Lions fans) is going to continue for the foreseeable future.

As I type this the Whiners are blowing out the Lions, the Cardinals are torching the Titans and the Squawks are thumping the Colts. All the NFC West is on the road except us. IMO we had next to no chance to win with a QB like Goff. Just wasn't going to happen despite what many were hoping for.

The NFC West is easily the toughest division in the NFL and we were going to go nowhere with a regressing QB like Goff.

~ArkyRamsFan~
Man... Arizona kicking the hell out of Titans... they look much better than I expected. Let's hope that the Titans new offense is just awful and it's not a reflection of AZ's defense.
That AZ offense.. lots to like. But let's see them play the Rams D.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Caught a bit of that SF/Det game at lunch and he looks the same to me. One play he'll get through reads and you see his talent. Next bunch of plays he gets hung up on reads, checks down unnecessarily, misses receivers, etc.

Lions will be drafting a QB. Ain't nobody got time to pay a veteran QB who plays like a rookie.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Unfortunately I have to agree with you. He may be a backup after this season. He just doesn’t look nfl calibre. He has his ups, but has more downs…

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Caught a bit of that SF/Det game at lunch and he looks the same to me. One play he'll get through reads and you see his talent. Next bunch of plays he gets hung up on reads, checks down unnecessarily, misses receivers, etc.

Lions will be drafting a QB. Ain't nobody got time to pay a veteran QB who plays like a rookie.
Merlin on his lunch break missing the games?
iu