Multiple teams would be interested in Nick Foles if Rams want to trade him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
770111.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Foles is not too expensive, he's had some success, and he clearly did not have a good handle on the offense once teams took away his first and second reads and started really mixing looks on him. So I'm not surprised teams would be interested in adding him for depth.

Problem for the Rams is all they have are backup types. So, yeah, he's probably gonna get moved. Maybe recoup that 5th round pick we're missing?

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
ok, so the boss can sure get on my nerves....... then I come here and see these pic-o-grams --- hilarious! Keep'm coming

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think he's better than what we saw after those first few games. He lost his mojo in this offense.

Can he be a quality starter again? I don't know?

But he'd be a great back up... Low contract... Character guy... Etc.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I hired this guy to be on the lookout for a trading partner.....

XCKhah.jpg

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Once we pay his bonus I could see somebody acquiring him on the cheap, betting that it was just a mental thing he couldn't get over in St. Louis, and that Foles will bounce back to at least being a serviceable backup. I'd move him for anything we can get. If he ever bounces back it won't be in a Rams jersey, IMO. If nothing else, moving him frees up a roster spot.

We have paid the bonus. It makes little difference ($1.75M savings whenever we cut him. We are on the books for the $6M period).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Think it's possible to trade Foles if we agree to eat half his damned bonus? Two thirds? Three fourths? GIVE him to somebody if they eat his bonus? Half of it?
If they eat lunch with him? If we eat the bonus and they buy Fisher lunch? We eat the bonus and they buy Bradford lunch?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If we are only saving 1.75M, we should hang onto him.
That might be the wise thing to do but I'm a fan. I simply don't want to see him behind center ever again unless he has a complete turn around. I might have been one of the few (I know @jrry32 was not a fan either) that was vehemently against bringing him here even before the trade was rumored. I pointed out how he was always late on throws, was very inaccurate, threw up ducks that his receivers had to come back to or change their route to catch, or threw these little dump offs to receivers and RBs that chewed up the YAK. His Probowl season was an aberration.

Sorry but I don't like Foles as a QB PERIOD and I'd rather see us free up the roster spot and eat the cap hit than have him take reps away from practically anyone we might bring in. He's just not good. If we keep him, I hope to hell I'm wrong but.....

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
I think his meltdown came because his O line became decimated with injuries and his receivers are average at best. People were not getting open and he was getting hit. He was simply getting no reward for taking a hit and simply began to throw to avoid hits. His accuracy and reading of a play disappeared. Maybe with a healthy O line and hopefully a real #1 receiver he could return to form. If not, you may as well keep him as a back up as the cap hit is there even in a trade.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Anything in return would be better than having to watch Foles as the QB for the Los Angeles Rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foles and a 2nd rounder for a teams 7th round pick seems fair

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think he's better than what we saw after those first few games. He lost his mojo in this offense.

Can he be a quality starter again? I don't know?

But he'd be a great back up... Low contract... Character guy... Etc.

I think his meltdown came because his O line became decimated with injuries and his receivers are average at best. People were not getting open and he was getting hit. He was simply getting no reward for taking a hit and simply began to throw to avoid hits. His accuracy and reading of a play disappeared. Maybe with a healthy O line and hopefully a real #1 receiver he could return to form. If not, you may as well keep him as a back up as the cap hit is there even in a trade.

His nickname in Philly was 'cement shoes' I guess they were referring to how he took too many sacks and didn't maneuver well in the pocket avoid them..........plus he is slow. I don't want him back. I have seen enough.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The receivers were plenty open. He was just always late with the pass. Always. By that time the receivers were covered.