Multiple teams would be interested in Nick Foles if Rams want to trade him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
auctioneer-2.jpg

"WHOOOOO wants an average qb average qb average qb average qb, gimme 5 gimme 5 gimme 5 gimme 5 gimme 5. Nobody? 5, 5, 5, 5, gimme 5. Okay, gimme 4 gimme 4 gimme 4 gimme 4 gimme 4 c'mon gimme 4 lookin for 4, gimme 4 take him for 4. No takers gimme 3 gimme 3 gimme 3 gimme 3.... "

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Based upon the tweet the teams are looking for a backup....probably won't have interest until rams pay the bonus so he is low cap hit....would be a relatively low cost "veteran" option at that point....assume no one is looking to give more than a 6th and likely only a 7th....

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Ill take anything.

Turning the grossly overpaid Sam Bradford into a 2nd and 7th round pick isn't terrible business.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I mean, I get it. QBs who have had some success are a scarce commodity.
Clearly the teams mentioned in the OPT (original post tweet) aren't in the market for a starter though.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I mean, I get it. QBs who have had some success are a scarce commodity.
Clearly the teams mentioned in the OPT (original post tweet) aren't in the market for a starter though.
If true, maybe we aren't the dumbest staff in the NFL.

I'd say don't let the door hit you on your way out, but I know he's too slow, and will probably run towards it, instead of away from it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
auctioneer-2.jpg

"WHOOOOO wants an average qb average qb average qb average qb, gimme 5 gimme 5 gimme 5 gimme 5 gimme 5. Nobody? 5, 5, 5, 5, gimme 5. Okay, gimme 4 gimme 4 gimme 4 gimme 4 gimme 4 c'mon gimme 4 lookin for 4, gimme 4 take him for 4. No takers gimme 3 gimme 3 gimme 3 gimme 3.... "
Ive been standing in line for 2 hours now to get my passport renewed. Needed this. Made me lol

A55VA6

Legend
Fisher keeps reiterating "Keenum, Foles, Mannion - and somebody else" will compete for job. So it seems like he's not going anywhere.. but come on, I'd take anything to get rid of him.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Based upon the tweet the teams are looking for a backup....probably won't have interest until rams pay the bonus so he is low cap hit....would be a relatively low cost "veteran" option at that point....assume no one is looking to give more than a 6th and likely only a 7th....

Good point, drasconis.

Think it's possible to trade Foles if we agree to eat half his damned bonus? Two thirds? Three fourths? GIVE him to somebody if they eat his bonus? Half of it?

Awwwww...

Now I'm feeling like 'X's" auctioneer. Lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher keeps reiterating "Keenum, Foles, Mannion - and somebody else" will compete for job. So it seems like he's not going anywhere.. but come on, I'd take anything to get rid of him.

The only way I see Foles fitting in is if they don't bring in anyone. No free agents, no drafted QBs. Then adding him to the competition makes sense. Otherwise, they are just saying that to make teams think that they still want him and maybe get more for him. The second they draft or sign someone they lose leverage.

I would ask a 4th rounder and hope to get a 5th minimum. He looked good in the first two games and pretty bad after that. Plus he was the 25/2 guy a few years ago. Someone out there may still think they can rediscover him. That alone would be worth a 5th round pick to a team that doesn't usually make anything out of their fifth round picks. The Rams could make something with it.

The only question is when to trade him. Trade him before free agency to allow for more suitors, or wait until after free agency and rely on desperation.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Foles' collapse has to be among the biggest in NFL history. Has a QB ever went from being of undisputed NFL calibre to being so bad his new form would result in him never even got a sniff of the big leagues? With seemingly no injury concerns to explain his rapid drop off? And still being in the relative youth of his career? While not even being asked to make overly difficult throws? It's even more perplexing when you stop to consider his few few games as a Ram - particularly vs. Seattle and Arizona - were very solid performances.

Foles was not only historically bad but his melt down was historically surprising, too.

Once we pay his bonus I could see somebody acquiring him on the cheap, betting that it was just a mental thing he couldn't get over in St. Louis, and that Foles will bounce back to at least being a serviceable backup. I'd move him for anything we can get. If he ever bounces back it won't be in a Rams jersey, IMO. If nothing else, moving him frees up a roster spot.

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
I'd like to see a trade with the Cowboys, Foles and our third round pick for their first round pick and grab Goff, assuming Wentz is gone to Cleveland.