MNF - Rams at Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Yeah, I hate to say it, but i just don't have a good feeling either.

Mostly because i simply don't trust the QB. And the lack of trust is a different type of lack of trust than what we had with Goff.

With Goff, if he was protected I trusted that he would manage the game and would win it. If protection breaks down then we couldn't trust him to not make the killer mistake.

With Stafford protection or not, I can't trust that on 3rd and 4, and needing to sustain a drive to keep pace with the Cards and to rest his own defense, that he's not going to throw a 50 yd bomb into double coverage and be off the field in 3 plays.

You do know that a large part of that 50 yard bomb on third and four stuff comes from McVay. - Right?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This seasons theme thus far: Rams need a better gameplan when down 3, 7, 10 and 14 pts.
The remedy starts with the 2nd & 5, 2nd & 10 and 3rd & 5 decision making. Just get the 5 yards.

The Cards have been successful for many reasons but their commitment to the run with Conner is a big one. It allowed them to navigate through the Murray injury. They'll take the 5 yards. His numbers don't pop but they have good balance and physicality because of it. Containing Murray is a good idea and all that, but stuffing the Conner run should be plan A.

I'm going to the game with a couple Cards fans and I'm not in the mood to take shit today so Rams need to play well and win.

Psycho_X

Legend
Maybe we'll beat the Cards AND spread covid to them so they lose next week too from all of the players inactive and suddenly we're tied for first place!!! I kid, I kid... I think.

Well shit, they play Detroit next week never mind.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
You do know that a large part of that 50 yard bomb on third and four stuff comes from McVay. - Right?
You do know there are like 4 guys running patterns on a play like that....Right?

He can hit the guy running the 6 yard out or Higbee underneath if that long play is covered.

The complaint last yr was Goff wasn't throwing deep and checking down instead of taking shots

Just saying there are good times to take shots and good times to check down. And those patterns are there on each play

He does not have 4 guys running go routes on those 3rd downs.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
You do know there are like 4 guys running patterns on a play like that....Right?

He can hit the guy running the 6 yard out or Higbee underneath if that long play is covered.

The complaint last yr was Goff wasn't throwing deep and checking down instead of taking shots

Just saying there are good times to take shots and good times to check down. And those patterns are there on each play

Yes. But my point is, don’t let McVay completely off the hook.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Tonight, the focus has got to be stopping their run. Their top 2 backs ran a combined 30 times on us for 170 yards. Thats a 5.6 yard average per carry, which will sink any team. On top of that, Murray ran for 39 yards on 6 carries, for a 6.5 yard average. I'm a bit scared that if we commit to stop the run, they will have a field day passing, however, you have to stop what killed us last time first. This is precisely the type of game that our superstars have to ball out in. Donald, Ramsey, Kupp, and Stafford need to lead the way and make some huge early plays.

Last game Kupp had an average day against Murphy - 5rec/64yards. And Van had one of his better days at 6rec/90yd/1TD. This tells me that we had much more success picking on Alford, Wilson, and Hamilton them Murphy. That said, I think OBJ is likely to have a lot more targets and opportunities to produce. Hope his head is in the game and we connect on some of those deep passes we have been just missing in previous games.

I know their line is healthier in this game then previously, but, we did get a fair amount of pressure and 3 sacks in the last game, even with Donald not doing much at all. Bring in Von Miller and lets see some Murray in a heap on the ground more.

Score 28-17 RAMS!

#GORAMS

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah, can't tell you how pissed I am when they throw long bombs on 3rd and short. Its utterly baffling. Yes, I understand you might catch the opposition off balance as they are prepared for the shorter passes, however, the percentage of success on long bombs is without question considerably low. Take the short high percentage plays and live to play another down.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yes. But my point is, don’t let McVay completely off the hook.
Yeah, umm no... Sure he can always be better, but I saw in the GB game he had Higbee in the flat and he throws a 30 yd jump ball on 3rd down.

He does that tonight and they will be beaten soundly. He has to sustain drives and take what's there. No hero ball. Keep the chains moving.

He needs to do what Goff did in Tampa & Arizona last yr. Take what's there, don't force shit.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah, I hate to say it, but i just don't have a good feeling either.

Mostly because i simply don't trust the QB. And the lack of trust is a different type of lack of trust than what we had with Goff.

With Goff, if he was protected I trusted that he would manage the game and would win it. If protection breaks down then we couldn't trust him to not make the killer mistake.

With Stafford protection or not, I can't trust that on 3rd and 4, and needing to sustain a drive to keep pace with the Cards and to rest his own defense, that he's not going to throw a 50 yd bomb into double coverage and be off the field in 3 plays.

Im the exact opposite. If they fail on the early downs I don't sweat at all on 3rd down. Hasn't happened all year.

Last year I was hoping the second guy would just get a look from the QB.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More evidence that we need to run the ball down their damn throats tonight, cards are tied for 2nd worst yards per carry (on Defense) in the league, only trailing the Steelers at a whopping 4.7 yards per carry. I feel a big Michel game coming.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
More evidence that we need to run the ball down their damn throats tonight, cards are tied for 2nd worst yards per carry (on Defense) in the league, only trailing the Steelers at a whopping 4.7 yards per carry. I feel a big Michel game coming.
The holes were HUGE in that first game when we ran it early on. Everything spiraled when 9 turned into a football dispenser but prior to that the gameplan looked great.

This could be the type of game that gets everyone playing on the same sheet of music though. We've seen signs with the defense and guys emerging (Jones, Gaines, etc). And we've seen signs on offense with guys emerging (Jefferson, OBJ, etc). The OL taking injury hits at this time sucks ass, but if the Rams play well and get in the Cards heads it might help us out if/when we end up in a playoff game there.

And playing well in this game for their own confidence going forward is important too. Win or lose. So if they run the ball well and end up let's say losing a close game they still have a chance to ride that and maybe beat the 9ers and enter the playoffs as a dangerous wildcard. So my biggest concern tonight is I want to see the Rams play physical ball and hit those fucks in the mouth and take them down to the wire hopefully with a win.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
These are the types of games we brought Stafford in for. He needs to play perfect football for us to get a W because our defense is going to have their hands full. Murray is legit and Kingsbury has out-McVay'd McVay this season.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
These are the types of games we brought Stafford in for. He needs to play perfect football for us to get a W because our defense is going to have their hands full. Murray is legit and Kingsbury has out-McVay'd McVay this season.
Needs to do what we did in Tampa & Ariz last yr.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
This seasons theme thus far: Rams need a better gameplan when down 3, 7, 10 and 14 pts.
The remedy starts with the 2nd & 5, 2nd & 10 and 3rd & 5 decision making. Just get the 5 yards.

The Cards have been successful for many reasons but their commitment to the run with Conner is a big one. It allowed them to navigate through the Murray injury. They'll take the 5 yards. His numbers don't pop but they have good balance and physicality because of it. Containing Murray is a good idea and all that, but stuffing the Conner run should be plan A.

I'm going to the game with a couple Cards fans and I'm not in the mood to take shit today so Rams need to play well and win.
Need new friends....

;)

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
1639427323858.png

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously. What are we going to do at CB? This is the stake in the heart....