MNF - Rams at Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Game Day Thread

The GDT is a live thread tradition here at ROD.

While we all get fired up watching the game, please remember our core principles;we always show respect for our team and each other.

Despite the emotional highs and lows watching a game, we will moderate this thread with that in mind, however please refrain from name calling. This applies to players, the Rams organization, and others.

This is the core rule of the GDT. Moderators are tasked to issue thread bans, at a minimum, to maintain this standard.

This is our team. Win or lose. Good days and bad. We are here for FUN, not to be dragged down.

A more loosely moderated atmosphere can be found in the chat room.

Go Rams!

———

ROD Chat Room;

Game Day Room

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Monday Night Football: Los Angeles Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals​

Since there are only five weeks of the NFL regular season left this desert showdown on "Monday Night Football" between the Los Angeles Rams and Arizona Cardinals could definitely be put into the “big game” category. The Rams come into this one at 8-4, two games behind the NFC West-leading Cardinals, who are 10-2.

The Rams finally put that awful November behind them with last Sunday’s 37-7 drubbing of Jacksonville. But over the course of the previous month they went 0-3, moving to the cusp of even dropping out of the wild-card chase. For all of November, the Rams were leading in games for just six minutes and 25 seconds. But last week was their redemption and they hope, a turning point.

Meanwhile the Cardinals became the first 10-win team in the 2021 season after last week’s 33-22 win at Chicago. Kyler Murray made his return from injury and threw just 15 passes as the running game did a good bit of the heavy lifting. Well, to be fair, the ineptness of the Bears was the most helpful asset.

Monday Night Football: Los Angeles (8-4) at Arizona (10-2)

Kickoff: Monday, Dec. 13 at 8:15 p.m. ET
TV: ESPN
Spread: Cardinals -2

Three Things to Watch

1. A little more Murray this time

The Cardinals' quarterback missed three games due to injury and saw Colt McCoy ably lead the team to a 2-1 record. Well Murray was a game-time decision to play at Chicago, but he came through in solid form, going 11-of-15 for 123 yards and two touchdowns, good for a QB rating of 136.9. Arizona will need him to step up more this week as he’ll be staring at the menacing scowl of Aaron Donald across the line from him. While it was good to have DeAndre Hopkins back last week as well, look for Murray to target tight end Zach Ertz a tad more. In the six games since they acquired him from Philadelphia, Ertz has 23 catches for 278 yards and three touchdowns. Besides, Hopkins will have a tough draw going up against Jalen Ramsey, so that should put the target on Ertz even more.

2. Line vs. line, mano-a-mano

While Hopkins vs. Ramsey and also Cooper Kupp vs. Byron Murphy on the flip side will be great WR vs. CB battles, the most telling matchup of the game will actually be the Rams' offensive line going up against the Cardinals' pass rush. With that brigade in front of him Matthew Stafford has been sacked just 18 times this year, good for third in the NFL (he was only hit twice in that win vs. Jacksonville). But the Cardinals will counter with a pass rush that is fourth in the NFL with 32 sacks and 11th in quarterback hits. So they have a knack of figuring out where the weak link is and exploiting it. Stafford has shown a knack for making some terrible decisions at times this year (everyone remembers the twisty-turvy, throw-a-pick-from-your-own-end-zone bonehead play from a few weeks ago, right?) but if he is given time and looks comfortable in the pocket, it’ll be a huge advantage in this one.

3. Make the Cardinals go the length of the field

BREAKING: Andy Dalton isn’t going to be out there handing out free interceptions to the Cardinals again.

In last week’s 33-22 win at Soldier Field, the Bears QB threw four interceptions, all of them setting the Cardinals up inside the Chicago 30-yard line. Short field, easy money. The Cards put up 23 points off those four picks. The Rams have to make sure to move the ball and get good special teams play to at least make Murray go the length of the field for touchdowns and field goals.

Final Analysis

In the first meeting between these teams Murray and the Cardinals beat the Rams with some amount of ease, 37-20, inside SoFi Stadium. In that game the Cardinals ran for 216 yards on 40 carries to help carve up that Ram defense. And while we’re mentioning the ground game it should be noted that Rams running back Sony Michel ran 24 times for 121 yards and a touchdown vs. the Jags last week. So even though the air will be filled with footballs, the running game of both teams will also be a big indicator of who wins here.

Stafford was great last week because, well… he was playing the Jaguars. Everybody looks good against them. I like Murray’s knack for stepping up in the big games a little bit better.

Prediction: Cardinals 30, Rams 23

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
11A1A331-868F-4EDF-AEEB-4D1F0ED5EF29.png

364FF86F-493B-4FA0-BEC1-256181B8B630.png

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It will take a mighty effort to get a win. The D will have to play lights out and get a TO or two to have a chance. The offense can’t gift any points to the Cards. Start fast

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Monday Night Football: Los Angeles Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals​

Since there are only five weeks of the NFL regular season left this desert showdown on "Monday Night Football" between the Los Angeles Rams and Arizona Cardinals could definitely be put into the “big game” category. The Rams come into this one at 8-4, two games behind the NFC West-leading Cardinals, who are 10-2.

The Rams finally put that awful November behind them with last Sunday’s 37-7 drubbing of Jacksonville. But over the course of the previous month they went 0-3, moving to the cusp of even dropping out of the wild-card chase. For all of November, the Rams were leading in games for just six minutes and 25 seconds. But last week was their redemption and they hope, a turning point.

Meanwhile the Cardinals became the first 10-win team in the 2021 season after last week’s 33-22 win at Chicago. Kyler Murray made his return from injury and threw just 15 passes as the running game did a good bit of the heavy lifting. Well, to be fair, the ineptness of the Bears was the most helpful asset.

Monday Night Football: Los Angeles (8-4) at Arizona (10-2)

Kickoff: Monday, Dec. 13 at 8:15 p.m. ET
TV: ESPN
Spread: Cardinals -2

Three Things to Watch

1. A little more Murray this time

The Cardinals' quarterback missed three games due to injury and saw Colt McCoy ably lead the team to a 2-1 record. Well Murray was a game-time decision to play at Chicago, but he came through in solid form, going 11-of-15 for 123 yards and two touchdowns, good for a QB rating of 136.9. Arizona will need him to step up more this week as he’ll be staring at the menacing scowl of Aaron Donald across the line from him. While it was good to have DeAndre Hopkins back last week as well, look for Murray to target tight end Zach Ertz a tad more. In the six games since they acquired him from Philadelphia, Ertz has 23 catches for 278 yards and three touchdowns. Besides, Hopkins will have a tough draw going up against Jalen Ramsey, so that should put the target on Ertz even more.

2. Line vs. line, mano-a-mano

While Hopkins vs. Ramsey and also Cooper Kupp vs. Byron Murphy on the flip side will be great WR vs. CB battles, the most telling matchup of the game will actually be the Rams' offensive line going up against the Cardinals' pass rush. With that brigade in front of him Matthew Stafford has been sacked just 18 times this year, good for third in the NFL (he was only hit twice in that win vs. Jacksonville). But the Cardinals will counter with a pass rush that is fourth in the NFL with 32 sacks and 11th in quarterback hits. So they have a knack of figuring out where the weak link is and exploiting it. Stafford has shown a knack for making some terrible decisions at times this year (everyone remembers the twisty-turvy, throw-a-pick-from-your-own-end-zone bonehead play from a few weeks ago, right?) but if he is given time and looks comfortable in the pocket, it’ll be a huge advantage in this one.

3. Make the Cardinals go the length of the field

BREAKING: Andy Dalton isn’t going to be out there handing out free interceptions to the Cardinals again.

In last week’s 33-22 win at Soldier Field, the Bears QB threw four interceptions, all of them setting the Cardinals up inside the Chicago 30-yard line. Short field, easy money. The Cards put up 23 points off those four picks. The Rams have to make sure to move the ball and get good special teams play to at least make Murray go the length of the field for touchdowns and field goals.

Final Analysis

In the first meeting between these teams Murray and the Cardinals beat the Rams with some amount of ease, 37-20, inside SoFi Stadium. In that game the Cardinals ran for 216 yards on 40 carries to help carve up that Ram defense. And while we’re mentioning the ground game it should be noted that Rams running back Sony Michel ran 24 times for 121 yards and a touchdown vs. the Jags last week. So even though the air will be filled with footballs, the running game of both teams will also be a big indicator of who wins here.

Stafford was great last week because, well… he was playing the Jaguars. Everybody looks good against them. I like Murray’s knack for stepping up in the big games a little bit better.

Prediction: Cardinals 30, Rams 23
Yeah, I hate to say it, but i just don't have a good feeling either.

Mostly because i simply don't trust the QB. And the lack of trust is a different type of lack of trust than what we had with Goff.

With Goff, if he was protected I trusted that he would manage the game and would win it. If protection breaks down then we couldn't trust him to not make the killer mistake.

With Stafford protection or not, I can't trust that on 3rd and 4, and needing to sustain a drive to keep pace with the Cards and to rest his own defense, that he's not going to throw a 50 yd bomb into double coverage and be off the field in 3 plays.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was super excited for the last three prime time games, always hoping for a comeback. Unfortunately, the letdown from those "ups and downs" was like jumping off a cliff numerous times. And this is yet another "statement" game. I will watch the entire game, I never give up, but I am not that excited this time around. Not yet anyway. That said... GO RAMS!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not good with all the injuries and covid garbage. Hope for the best though.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Ram win tonight, I wonder what the narrative will be? I’m pretty sure it won’t be that the Rams have proven themselves, but that the Cards are not legit enough to win a Super Bowl and that Tommy Terrific and the Bucs will be favorites to win it all….

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Won't lie, I'm nervous with the injury and Covid situation. We have almost no margin for error. Hopefully, with their backs to the wall a little bit, they'll play like it.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C'mon Rams. Beat these guys. You have the talent to do it!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is the type of game the Rams made a change at QB for. It is as big an in season game as McVay's teams have had. To date his teams have never been able to pull out the wins for top seeds either. They have always come up short leading to road games in the playoffs.

I don't think we can catch the Cards in the standings but playing well tonight is crucial for the future playoff matchup. The Rams need this one. So here's hoping all these stars play well and we see things come together.

I want 200 on the ground for Michel too. Let's bully these bastids.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Local Phx media is licking their chops.

Kinda pisses me off...