MNF Lions @ NYG game thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If GRob starts next time the Rams play the Lions, watch him hold like a bastard and never get called ... and get a high grade from PFF!

The Officials would be calling New York after every play because they would be confused as to call holding on GROB or keep the flags in their pockets because it's the Rams.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Exactly....
Wait, he's not the drive killer? The offensive anchor?? His offense is one of the tops in the league? HIS MAN, hasn't TOUCHED STAFFORD!!!!

but he's this...he's that....I don't understand....

Well he had his issues for sure, as did the line as a whole. It's not like he was the only one to have issues.

Like I said he's still the same Greg.

IDK, if Brandon Marshall and O'Dell Beckham (I'm beginning to dislike him more and more each week) catch those passes, the game might have turned out different. Players. Execution!

And it looks like they were wrong about their RBs. Paul Perkins was hyped up and fizzled out. 9 total rushing attempts by them.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
GRob was cut for a reason. He might even get better in Detroit if he gets his crap together. But from what I'm seeing he certainly isn't there yet. It's the same player in a different uniform. Some good play sandwiched by real head shakers.
Cut for a reason....I disagree that the reason was performance....Same player....probably...which is kinda my point...he wasn't that bad to begin.
Is he great? No....Is he the worst player ever? Not even close...We all remember Barron....and Smith....In fact, he's proven to be serviceable. Or so it appears from the Lions.
You're trying to justify your opinion of Greg being good by pointing out others are bad. I agree those others are bad but so is Greg! That's the difference between our opinions. You seem to think GRob would be better than Havenstein at RT for us. I don't see anything in any game tape that makes me think he would be. Add in the facts that he cost 3 times as much and is in the last year of his contract it's a case closed IMO in favor of Havenstein.
I keep saying he's decent....never said he was good....I just point out that he may in fact be BETTER than what was kept....I've never said he was good...I said he potentially can be good...could be great...could be anything...but not the worst LT in the league.
You really want Whitworth to be on the same level as Orlando Pace or you think Greg Robinson will be better? He has to be a Jackie Slater or GRob is better? Whitworth has to be equal to two hall of famers.......
I want nothing....I want to SEE what is so great about a player that seems above reproach....I never had an opinion on Whit....I've wanted to run that way more, we seemed to have more success in the preseason going that way....Seems different in the regular season...I've seen him get penalties...motion stuff...that hold...yet I was told he's better than....sliced bread and just believed it was true. I was being somewhat factitious....just pulling your chain that he should compare to Slater..Pace...cause if he was that good I'm sure I would have heard about it...No, I just wanna see him against what I'd consider to be some top defensive linemen on the 9ers...make my own assessment. Greg probably isn't in Whitworth's league...again, he's a 10+ year vet....but I wouldn't be surprised if they live in the same neighborhood as far as game play and ability.
JMO
Just my views

nothing wrong with yours either....but it's wrong to say he's this bad or that terrible just plain awful....and the guy is a starting left tackle on a top offense in the NFL.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cut for a reason....I disagree that the reason was performance....Same player....probably...which is kinda my point...he wasn't that bad to begin.
Is he great? No....Is he the worst player ever? Not even close...We all remember Barron....and Smith....In fact, he's proven to be serviceable. Or so it appears from the Lions.
I keep saying he's decent....never said he was good....I just point out that he may in fact be BETTER than what was kept....I've never said he was good...I said he potentially can be good...could be great...could be anything...but not the worst LT in the league.
I want nothing....I want to SEE what is so great about a player that seems above reproach....I never had an opinion on Whit....I've wanted to run that way more, we seemed to have more success in the preseason going that way....Seems different in the regular season...I've seen him get penalties...motion stuff...that hold...yet I was told he's better than....sliced bread and just believed it was true. I was being somewhat factitious....just pulling your chain that he should compare to Slater..Pace...cause if he was that good I'm sure I would have heard about it...No, I just wanna see him against what I'd consider to be some top defensive linemen on the 9ers...make my own assessment. Greg probably isn't in Whitworth's league...again, he's a 10+ year vet....but I wouldn't be surprised if they live in the same neighborhood as far as game play and ability.
JMO
Just my views

nothing wrong with yours either....but it's wrong to say he's this bad or that terrible just plain awful....and the guy is a starting left tackle on a top offense in the NFL.
You're right sorry, after all the penalties, blown blocks and lackluster effort Rams fans have seen over the last 3 years and what we saw tonight GRob is in fact a good player. Whitworth who was an All Pro last year really isn't anything worth bragging about. I'll drop the GRob discussion and never bring him up again. We've all seen what quality of a player he is. None of us have ever wished him ill will. There's just one person who can't accept that he isn't that good of a player so I'll leave the subject alone from now on it clearly bothers you that we say he's not good and other people are.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wow. Ok champ. I'll bite. What WAS the reason he was cut/traded? Because he was better than what we had? Because we weren't willing to pay a very good LT first contract dollars? Seriously? He's just not good and by all accounts, he was not getting better but was the third best on our team. So we should pay him for the upside he never showed? I'll side with the Rams organization any day and twice on any Sunday he plays.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I hope this prints right.....somewhere in here...is truth????

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/9/18/16331216/lions-giants-second-half-open-thread#

Rams fan here
What do you guys think of Greg Robinson? Also known as G-Rob

rip ramsfan1313

"We're going to coach (Goff) to be successful, and we're not going to put him in with a chance to fail," Fisher said last month after the Rams' final practice. "That's the most important thing in developing a young quarterback."

Posted by LA Champ on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:17 PM
He sucked big time today for sure...

Posted by LionOwl on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:18 PM

He's about as good as you're going to find if you need a last minute replacement LT
…but man, do we ever want Decker back.

Chicago-based Flint area native. Twitter: @CMeszt

Posted by AnotherRuinedThanksgiving on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:18 PM
Adequate
all you can really ask though

Posted by aclem212 on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:19 PM

This.

Detroit Native. Buckeye Alumni. Just a girl supporting her teams while living in the Windy City!

Posted by Kitbuddy on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:19 PM

thanks fellas
bunch of my buddy’s on ROD (that’s rams on demand) can’t stand the guy…..I keep saying he was the best drive blocker we’ve had in some time….

rip ramsfan1313

"We're going to coach (Goff) to be successful, and we're not going to put him in with a chance to fail," Fisher said last month after the Rams' final practice. "That's the most important thing in developing a young quarterback."

Posted by LA Champ on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:42 PM

Has pure talent...also has talent getting holding penalties

I apparently hate myself. Why you ask? Well, just look at the teams I root for.

Posted by justmunc on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:19 PM

Maybe he needs a hug?
Yeah, he needs some coaching. Hopefully, Austin can improve his technique.

Posted by polishtheturd on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:22 PM

He sure as hell is good at giving hugs.

Fan of the Detroit Tigers, Lions and Red Wings.

Posted by Elfuego51 on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:28 PM

He's OK....not great by any strecth but good for now....

Posted by Northpole1 on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:19 PM
Sucks bigtime but I don't think there is a better option available
He wasn’t even the worst LT on the field today

The belly overcame all - N.Suh

Posted by zernbabyzern on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:19 PM

G-Rob is servicable.
He had some bonehead penalties though.

All in for 2017!

Posted by Gigatron9003BucTroll on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:20 PM
Up and down
There were a couple good runs to his side. But a few holding penalties and just got shoved backwards by Vernon a couple times.

Clear downgrade from Decker, but not the worst LT in the league, or even on the field.

"But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"

Now driving the Kenny Golladay bandwagon. There's always an open seat.

Posted by MaizeAndBlueWahoo on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:23 PM

my thoughts exactly

I had to keep Wendal for my avatar...or avitar......lololol

Penalties....that's it....not the worst LT in the league...definitely not the game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wow. Ok champ. I'll bite. What WAS the reason he was cut/traded? Because he was better than what we had? Because we weren't willing to pay a very good LT first contract dollars? Seriously?
You know....man....I've thought about this a lot....I mean...young QB...we don't want him touched.....Everyone knows this....

Greg musta been complaining...of bitchin about the move to RT....And was showing it....Had to be attitude....I bet he was hurt about the NO game from 2016....and grabbing Whit for HIS position was like the last straw. Like he felt, the team...the new coaches were partially blaming HIM for the offensive struggles. So....he made McVay get him out...That's all I got....attitude....Probably gonna have a few more after this year...guys that don't like the way they are/were used and want to move on.

Shame too, seems like almost (no not Quick...not yet) every ex-Ram sticks on somewhere and is doing rather well....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I hope this prints right.....somewhere in here...is truth????

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/9/18/16331216/lions-giants-second-half-open-thread#

Rams fan here
What do you guys think of Greg Robinson? Also known as G-Rob

rip ramsfan1313

Posted by LA Champ on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:17 PM
He sucked big time today for sure...

Posted by LionOwl on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:18 PM

He's about as good as you're going to find if you need a last minute replacement LT
…but man, do we ever want Decker back.

Chicago-based Flint area native. Twitter: @CMeszt

Posted by AnotherRuinedThanksgiving on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:18 PM
Adequate
all you can really ask though

Posted by aclem212 on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:19 PM

This.

Detroit Native. Buckeye Alumni. Just a girl supporting her teams while living in the Windy City!

Posted by Kitbuddy on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:19 PM

thanks fellas
bunch of my buddy’s on ROD (that’s rams on demand) can’t stand the guy…..I keep saying he was the best drive blocker we’ve had in some time….

rip ramsfan1313

Posted by LA Champ on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:42 PM

Has pure talent...also has talent getting holding penalties

I apparently hate myself. Why you ask? Well, just look at the teams I root for.

Posted by justmunc on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:19 PM

Maybe he needs a hug?
Yeah, he needs some coaching. Hopefully, Austin can improve his technique.

Posted by polishtheturd on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:22 PM

He sure as hell is good at giving hugs.

Fan of the Detroit Tigers, Lions and Red Wings.

Posted by Elfuego51 on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:28 PM

He's OK....not great by any strecth but good for now....

Posted by Northpole1 on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:19 PM
Sucks bigtime but I don't think there is a better option available
He wasn’t even the worst LT on the field today

The belly overcame all - N.Suh

Posted by zernbabyzern on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:19 PM

G-Rob is servicable.
He had some bonehead penalties though.

All in for 2017!

Posted by Gigatron9003BucTroll on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:20 PM
Up and down
There were a couple good runs to his side. But a few holding penalties and just got shoved backwards by Vernon a couple times.

Clear downgrade from Decker, but not the worst LT in the league, or even on the field.

"But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"

Now driving the Kenny Golladay bandwagon. There's always an open seat.

Posted by MaizeAndBlueWahoo on Sep 18, 2017 | 8:23 PM

my thoughts exactly

I had to keep Wendal for my avatar...or avitar......lololol

Penalties....that's it....not the worst LT in the league...definitely not the game.
Ok... I'm lost. :thinking:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You know....man....I've thought about this a lot....I mean...young QB...we don't want him touched.....Everyone knows this....

Greg musta been complaining...of bitchin about the move to RT....And was showing it....Had to be attitude....I bet he was hurt about the NO game from 2016....and grabbing Whit for HIS position was like the last straw. Like he felt, the team...the new coaches were partially blaming HIM for the offensive struggles. So....he made McVay get him out...That's all I got....attitude....Probably gonna have a few more after this year...guys that don't like the way they are/were used and want to move on.

Shame too, seems like almost (no not Quick...not yet) every ex-Ram sticks on somewhere and is doing rather well....
I can follow that. I just don't agree with your positioning of the cart and horse.

But of the last decade, who have we let essentially walk that has gone on to be a great player with some other team? I'm not talking players that got huge contracts. That happens with every team in the league.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But of the last decade, who have we let essentially walk that has gone on to be a great player with some other team? I'm not talking players that got huge contracts. That happens with every team in the league.
None....
not that they wouldn't have helped had they stayed...but none...the NFL is clearly a replacement league...

If I had to guess one that could...it'd be Brian Quick......ok.......just kidding....it be Jenkins...I think that kid could be special.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
None....
not that they wouldn't have helped had they stayed...but none...the NFL is clearly a replacement league...

If I had to guess one that could...it'd be Brian Quick......ok.......just kidding....it be Jenkins...I think that kid could be special.
I actually was one who thought Quick would be very good so.... JJ is a very good corner but he got paid by a team with a shitload of cap space. Is what it is.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://i.imgur.com/uM3Uh9k.gif

I don't see a single thing in that copy from a Lions board that people here haven't said. Has talent needs coaching. We've said that for years. Not the worst LT on the field, that's debatable unless Eric Flowers is the other LT on the field the penalty and sack and blown block numbers speak for themselves.

A couple good runs to his side but boneheaded penalties. Got blown up by Vernon.

They reinforced everything said negatively about GRob I don't get why you'd want to post that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
They reinforced everything said negatively about GRob I don't get why you'd want to post that.
penalties yea....but some observation were..."Clear downgrade from Decker, but not the worst LT in the league, or even on the field." Which has been my claim all along....

Again...this was against a top defense...on the road...on MNF....with the limited practices....change of scheme's/systems...:whistle:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
penalties yea....but some observation were..."Clear downgrade from Decker, but not the worst LT in the league, or even on the field." Which has been my claim all along....

Again...this was against a top defense...on the road...on MNF....with the limited practices....change of scheme's/systems...:whistle:
You got it, he's one of the worst tackles in the league but wasn't the worst on the field last night.

Last two years he had more penalties than any other LT in the game including Erek Flowers, who was the worst tackle on the field last night.

I guess practicing the entire training camp is limited practices.

You win he was a horrible tackle for us, probably the worst LT the Rams have had in my lifetime. But because there are other bad LT in the league he's actually good.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Bottom Line, on the Game, The Giants SUCK, and are going no where this year! And The Lions Finally have a run game, and IF the can survive their OLT they may make the Play-Offs!

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

The problem with all this is that you are damning this organization for letting him go. He's not a good LT. Could he be serviceable in a pinch? Maybe. But we would always be looking to upgrade from him unless a light suddenly turns on. We did just that.

If I saw an even good LT out there last night I'd be upset we let him go. So far, I haven't seen anything to be upset about aside from that we used a second overall on the player I witnessed again on Monday night.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You win he was a horrible tackle for us, probably the worst LT the Rams have had in my lifetime. But because there are other bad LT in the league he's actually good.
Not even close to the Rams worst left tackle....Alex Barron.....and that guy from Baylor....Smith I think...

Never said he's good....he was serviceable....he's probably fixable....and until there were better options...we should have kept him....there's no winner...or loser in this....Everyone keeps their opinion...The only proof of truth, if there is one is time...in time we'll see if he's as terrible as MANY...hell, all of you have said....
I can only state...if Greg continues to start at LT...and the Lions go to the playoffs, all I'll hear is how even with G-Rob, Stafford was able to have some great season....in spite of the terrible play at left tackle.....never heard it, but it'll come.

Show me a playoff team....with a bad Left tackle? Show me a probowl QB, with a terrible left tackle?