Mini Camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
From Left to Right....Kicker Tanner Brown (49), Kicker Christopher Dunn (15), Punter Ethan Evans (42) & Long Snapper Alex Ward (47).
zsm0towtvwac1b25zfbt.jpg
The Choreographer has a LOT of work to do.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Higbee, a seven-year veteran, leads a position group that includes Brycen Hopkins, Hunter Long and rookie Davis
Probably the most improved position group top to bottom on the roster. Excited to see them in preseason. :thumbsup1:

dang

Legend

Rams minicamp observations: New guys are raising some eyebrows​

The Rams opened a two-day minicamp Tuesday, the final workouts for coach Sean McVay and his players until training camp begins in late July at UC Irvine.

Observations from the Rams’ penultimate practice:

Who’s not there: Star defensive tackle Aaron Donald and offensive lineman Alaric Jackson were excused from the mandatory camp because of “family stuff,” McVay said.

Donald, 32, a three-time NFL defensive player of the year and future Hall of Famer, is entering his 10th NFL season. He will carry a salary cap number of $26 million this season.

Jackson, 24, is competing with Joe Noteboom to start at left tackle. He will carry a cap number of $947,000.

Wide receiver Ben Skowronek continues to be held out because of a foot issue and rookie cornerback Tre Tomlinson is not practicing because of a hamstring injury, McVay said.

Cooper Kupp continues to progress: Kupp, the Rams’ star receiver, took another step in his comeback from season-ending ankle surgery.

Last week, during a workout open to reporters, Kupp worked almost exclusively on the side and caught passes from trainers before joining a jog-through two-minute drill at the end of the workout.

On Tuesday, Kupp went through most team and individual drills at full speed. He worked on the side with a trainer for only a short period.

New receivers Tyler Johnson, Demarcus Robinson catching on: Kupp was absent for most of the offseason program, Van Jefferson has been limited and Skowronek sidelined, so the recently signed veterans were ostensibly added to provide depth for workouts.

“That kind of was a big catalyst for why we ended up doing it,” McVay said of signing Johnson and Robinson, adding, “but those guys are going to really push, and I like what I’ve seen from them so far.”

Tight end Tyler Higee showing veteran savvy: Quarterback Matthew Stafford has appeared sharp throughout offseason workouts, and Higbee continues to be the recipient of many of his touchdown passes.

Higbee, a seven-year veteran, leads a position group that includes Brycen Hopkins, Hunter Long and rookie Davis Allen.

Robert Rochell getting a look: Rochell, a third-year cornerback, started five games as a rookie in 2021 but mainly played special teams last season after then-rookies Cobie Durant and Derion Kendrick passed him on the depth chart.

Tomlinson had been taking reps as a nickel back, but with Tomlinson sidelined, Rochell got extended work with the first-unit defense.

Rookie defensive lineman Kobie Turner making an impression: Turner, a third-round draft pick from Wake Forest, is taking advantage of opportunities, McVay said.

“He’s done an amazing job,” McVay said. “I’ve really been impressed with just his professionalism. He shines — his relentless effort to the football and then being able to just understand the nuances of what we’re asking of him.”

Rookie offensive lineman Steve Avila and rookie receiver Puka Nacua also have stood out, McVay said.

Spoils of victory: Kevin Demoff, the Rams’ chief operating officer, attended practice wearing a Denver Nuggets NBA championship cap.

The Nuggets, Rams and the NHL’s Colorado Avalanche have won titles under owner Stan Kroenke.

“Behind the scenes,” McVay said of Kroenke, “I think he’s the most supportive in the moments that you need it the most.”
Why pray tell is Jefferson limited?

dang

Legend
So I got my answer from the article:

“Earlier this offseason, the Rams reworked Allen’s contract to save $3.2 million in cap space. Releasing Allen wouldn’t create any cap savings for the Rams right now and it would give the team another $3.05 million in dead money.

There’s a chance that the Rams just want Allen to inherit a depth role with his experience and knowledge of the offense. On the other hand, if they could find a trade partner, Allen would free up $2 million in cap space, with a $1.05 million dead cap charge”.

So there’s no way he is cut this year but perhaps there’s a long shot chance someone would trade for him. At least I’m glad Rams are recognizing the need to move on from Allen as a starter.

Tano

Legend

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
If I were the Rams, I wouldn’t be working Allen that hard just yet—save his fragile knees for when it matters.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Rams minicamp observations: New guys are raising some eyebrows​

The Rams opened a two-day minicamp Tuesday, the final workouts for coach Sean McVay and his players until training camp begins in late July at UC Irvine.

Observations from the Rams’ penultimate practice:

Who’s not there: Star defensive tackle Aaron Donald and offensive lineman Alaric Jackson were excused from the mandatory camp because of “family stuff,” McVay said.

Donald, 32, a three-time NFL defensive player of the year and future Hall of Famer, is entering his 10th NFL season. He will carry a salary cap number of $26 million this season.

Jackson, 24, is competing with Joe Noteboom to start at left tackle. He will carry a cap number of $947,000.

Wide receiver Ben Skowronek continues to be held out because of a foot issue and rookie cornerback Tre Tomlinson is not practicing because of a hamstring injury, McVay said.

Cooper Kupp continues to progress: Kupp, the Rams’ star receiver, took another step in his comeback from season-ending ankle surgery.

Last week, during a workout open to reporters, Kupp worked almost exclusively on the side and caught passes from trainers before joining a jog-through two-minute drill at the end of the workout.

On Tuesday, Kupp went through most team and individual drills at full speed. He worked on the side with a trainer for only a short period.

New receivers Tyler Johnson, Demarcus Robinson catching on: Kupp was absent for most of the offseason program, Van Jefferson has been limited and Skowronek sidelined, so the recently signed veterans were ostensibly added to provide depth for workouts.

“That kind of was a big catalyst for why we ended up doing it,” McVay said of signing Johnson and Robinson, adding, “but those guys are going to really push, and I like what I’ve seen from them so far.”

Tight end Tyler Higee showing veteran savvy: Quarterback Matthew Stafford has appeared sharp throughout offseason workouts, and Higbee continues to be the recipient of many of his touchdown passes.

Higbee, a seven-year veteran, leads a position group that includes Brycen Hopkins, Hunter Long and rookie Davis Allen.

Robert Rochell getting a look: Rochell, a third-year cornerback, started five games as a rookie in 2021 but mainly played special teams last season after then-rookies Cobie Durant and Derion Kendrick passed him on the depth chart.

Tomlinson had been taking reps as a nickel back, but with Tomlinson sidelined, Rochell got extended work with the first-unit defense.

Rookie defensive lineman Kobie Turner making an impression: Turner, a third-round draft pick from Wake Forest, is taking advantage of opportunities, McVay said.

“He’s done an amazing job,” McVay said. “I’ve really been impressed with just his professionalism. He shines — his relentless effort to the football and then being able to just understand the nuances of what we’re asking of him.”

Rookie offensive lineman Steve Avila and rookie receiver Puka Nacua also have stood out, McVay said.

Spoils of victory: Kevin Demoff, the Rams’ chief operating officer, attended practice wearing a Denver Nuggets NBA championship cap.

The Nuggets, Rams and the NHL’s Colorado Avalanche have won titles under owner Stan Kroenke.

“Behind the scenes,” McVay said of Kroenke, “I think he’s the most supportive in the moments that you need it the most.”

Demoff - really? If I was a St. Louis fan I’d be pissed off.I know
when Georgia said in 1999(2000)
this is for St. Louis Rams fans it hurt.I thought Rams Fans & thank St.Louis would have been perfect.Enough of that.

RR31-is now wearing number 8.
Tomlinson is #6 & now Kendrick is #1 if numbers mean anything anymore?
—Tomlinson is starting ahead of RR8 now which isn’t a good sign for him ??

HIG-BEAST !!! = Healthy!! Lookout

The offensive line is going to be interesting come September when cuts are being made.This group has depth.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Loved Jordan’s stuff today… especially the Bobby Brown stuff.
Physically… he’s special. If he’s really putting in the work… the Dline will be just fine.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not going to read too much into anything just yet as it pertains to either line as there's no pads. But it's a good sign for Shelton to get snaps this early with the ones, means the new OL coach is checking his calls and seeing how he handles shit mentally or he's a fan of where he's at on that mental side. Allen might be in for a battle, hope so at least.

And if Shelton wins the job it should help the run game. He is better in the run I think. It's been his pass pro at least that I think kept him from beating out Allen. That and maybe the protection calls.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not going to read too much into anything just yet as it pertains to either line as there's no pads. But it's a good sign for Shelton to get snaps this early with the ones, means the new OL coach is checking his calls and seeing how he handles shit mentally or he's a fan of where he's at on that mental side. Allen might be in for a battle, hope so at least.

And if Shelton wins the job it should help the run game. He is better in the run I think. It's been his pass pro at least that I think kept him from beating out Allen. That and maybe the protection calls.
Go to sleep, Tutu lover!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

As Rams' Matthew Stafford and Cooper Kupp get healthier, Stetson Bennett turns some heads at minicamp​

Also turning some heads, if minicamp praise can be taken at face value, is back-to-back national champion quarterback and fourth-round draft pick Stetson Bennett. His athleticism hasn't gone unnoticed at camp, and both Stafford and Kupp, along with McVay, spoke highly of the former Georgia Bulldog star.

"I've been really pleased with him," McVay said. "The one thing that stands out is when the ball is in Stetson's hands, the game makes sense to him. He's got a good feel for being able to get through progressions quickly. He can feel space on the back end as it relates to different coverage counters that he's seen, but he feels open areas and gets through things quickly. I love the athleticism but there's a lot of work to be done. He stays nice and steady, doesn't get too high or low, and he's fun to be around."

"He's done a great job," Stafford said. "Though it's a lot for a young guy to process and a lot to learn he's done a great job. He's got great athleticism, throws the ball well, and does a lot of things really well. I'm happy for him."

Kupp noted that Stetson made some "big-time throws" in practice.

View: https://twitter.com/nflrookiewatxh/status/1667315589277261826?s=61&t=lgp1gRmUcyNSF5v7CIHwMg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Observations from Day 2 of Rams minicamp 2023: Stetson Bennett's mobility, pressures from defensive front stand out​

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – The Rams' 2023 minicamp concluded with quarterback Stetson Bennett showcasing his ability to make throws on the run, pressure and plays made by defensive rookies, and more.

Here are additional notes, details and observations from Wednesday's practice:

1) Logan Bruss in action: With Rob Havenstein getting a veteran rest day again, Bruss got some run at right tackle during Wednesday's practice. It was good to see for the 2022 third-round draft pick whose rookie season ended prematurely because of a torn ACL sustained in the preseason last August.

2) Off-schedule: One of the most notable aspects of Wednesday's session was Bennett showcasing his ability to make throws while on the run or escaping the pocket. On one play during redzone work, Bennett escaped pressure to find wide receiver Tyler Johnson in the back of the endzone for a short touchdown pass. He also made similar throws finding running back Ronnie Rivers for a short touchdown pass in the flat and wide receiver Lance McCutcheon in the back of the endzone for another short touchdown pass.

3) Getting pressure: The Rams' front seven had success on a handful plays generating pressure that either forced a Rams quarterback to throw the ball away or tuck the ball and run out of the pocket. Rookie defensive tackle Kobie Turner had one on third down during team drills, though Stafford answered with a short touchdown pass to running back Kyren Williams on fourth down. Outside linebacker Michael Hoecht's pressure on another play forced quarterback Matthew Stafford to settle for a short throw in the flat to wide receiver Tutu Atwell.

4) Floaters: If Tuesday's session featured velocity, Wednesday's was about putting just the right touch on the ball for Stafford, floating completions to wide receivers Tutu Atwell and Van Jefferson on the second level. Stafford also had an impressive throw where he escaped pressure by rolling out, then launching a deep completion down the sideline to wide receiver Van Jefferson.

5) Takeaway: Linebacker Christian Rozeboom nabbed an interception against Stafford during team drills. And while it didn't result in a turnover, rookie outside linebacker Byron Young showcased his speed batting down a pass by quarterback Brett Rypien intended for running back Zach Evans in the flat. Fellow rookie outside linebacker Ochaun Mathis batted down a Stafford pass on another play.

6) Solid day for Tyon Davis: The undrafted rookie cornerback out of Tulsa was active in the secondary. On one play, he broke on the ball quickly to deflect a Bennett pass intended for wide receiver Austin Trammell. On another, he had a pass breakup in the flat.

dang

Legend
It seems the offense is going to be better coming into 2023 when compared to 2022:

QB - improved depth with Bennett
RB - improved as Williams has another year and if Evans proves better than Henderson
WR - improved with Atwell maturing and addition of Nacua
TE - improved depth with Allen and Long
OT - same with Ajax likely starting over Note
OG - improved with Avila and healthy Bruss/Anchrum
OC - same with Allen/Shelton

Tano

Legend
1) Logan Bruss in action: With Rob Havenstein getting a veteran rest day again, Bruss got some run at right tackle during Wednesday's practice. It was good to see for the 2022 third-round draft pick whose rookie season ended prematurely because of a torn ACL sustained in the preseason last August.
@oldnotdead I'm telling you - Bruss is going to be starting right tackle by the middle of the season

Just having some fun Old