Mike Florio at it again: Ripping McVay calling him a fake

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Florio loves to throw salt on coaches and players when they do an interview that doesn't match up with his perception of what they were really telling the audience.

Some of what he says might have truth to it but he forces his opinion as reality and then he belittles the coach or player as being a fake as if they were trying to BS the media and fans because coach thinks we are all stupid.

Florio likes to tell us what his perception of the real story is behind the words and interview. He acts like he's educating us and saying don't be gullible puppies waiting for your next meal.

Myles Simmons (former rams insider) piggy backs on Florio's show laughing and giggling as if McVay is a big fake.

Myles still has his silly giggle and annoying voice tone and I'm very glad he's no longer covering the Rams.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVhc0tRvDmE

MachS

Hall of Fame
This is all from fucking Lindsay Thirey. She started this shit storm with her lazy, click-baity reporting. It's such a fucking joke. This bitch thinks she still in high school and wants to stir up drama, just like she did with Gurley. McVay would have never come out with the 2nd statement defending himself if Thirey didn't write that stupid article. I cant stand her and ALLLL the press today is about what McVay said. So fucking dumb.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I fucking hate Florio. But in this instance he is correct. McVay let his guard down and said what everyone knows to be the case. Then he tried to put it back in the box. That was a mistake.

He would have been better served letting people talk shit. But he wanted to control the message and now he's going to come off as less than honest in the "hostage video" which, btw, is a hilarious term for that vid.

Lastly I think McVay hates Thiry. And that may have factored in to his reaction but our young head coach is going to learn a lesson on this whole thing. Namely that you don't have to control a message when you make a mistake like that. Just let it go man.

dang

Legend
This is all from fucking Lindsay Thirey. She started this shit storm with her lazy, click-baity reporting. It's such a fucking joke. This bitch thinks she still in high school and wants to stir up drama, just like she did with Gurley. McVay would have never come out with the 2nd statement defending himself if Thirey didn't write that stupid article. I cant stand her and ALLLL the press today is about what McVay said. So fucking dumb.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Folio is his own clown. he doesn’t need any prompting to be a total worthless hack. How he has a job is beyond my compression. I am pretty confident he is disliked by many legitimate pro football analysts as he leaves some of his stink on all of them. I don’t like Simms or Bayless but Foolio is in his own category.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was a slight. Sometimes, we speak without thinking through all the ramifications of our words. He's trying to do damage control now. I don't need Florio to tell me anything. The above was obvious to me when McVay said it and even more obvious when he tried to backtrack. It is what it is. Goff has said some things that could be taken as a slight too.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I fucking hate Florio. But in this instance he is correct. McVay let his guard down and said what everyone knows to be the case. Then he tried to put it back in the box. That was a mistake.

He would have been better served letting people talk shit. But he wanted to control the message and now he's going to come off as less than honest in the "hostage video" which, btw, is a hilarious term for that vid.

Lastly I think McVay hates Thiry. And that may have factored in to his reaction but our young head coach is going to learn a lesson on this whole thing. Namely that you don't have to control a message when you make a mistake like that. Just let it go man.
Mostly agree with this. Especially when you wrote, "McVay let his guard down and said what everyone knows to be the case. Then he tried to put it back in the box."

But after making the mistake of admitting the truth, I think McVay did the right thing in making the "hostage video." Belatedly, McVay is still trying to take the high road and make ZERO negative comments about Goff. IMHO McVay has absolutely nothing to gain by publicly acknowledging the depths of his frustrations with Goff last year.

IMHO the following things are true:

--Thiry is a horrible shit-stirrer, and Rams players and coaches are right to be wary of her. McVay's comment about "twisted words" was aimed directly at Thiry, IMHO
--McVay was incredibly frustrated and unhappy with Goff for much of last year, especially the second half of season
--McVay is reluctant to acknowledge his frustration publicly because that serves no purpose and can only make things worse
--Myles Simmons is still annoying as hell
--Foolio is a click-bait guy also, and his notion that "coaches should always be truthful" is ridiculous. It's part of a coach's JOB to be evasive and to shade the truth-- coaches are evasive ALL THE DAMN TIME. Should coaches be "honest" about strategy? Personnel moves? Player evaluations? Hell no. Coaches frequently give evasive, vague, and sugar-coated answers, depending on the situation.

Yes, I think McVay let his guard down a little bit by saying he was "happier" than last year and then immediately praising Stafford. But IMHO McVay was right to try some "damage control" and to take the high road and keep complimenting Goff. (IMHO, just ignoring Thiry's article might have made it even worse.) And of course if McVay ever publicly acknowledges his obvious frustrations with Goff, the story would just become an even greater distraction. Hopefully this blows over sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was a slight. Sometimes, we speak without thinking through all the ramifications of our words. He's trying to do damage control now. I don't need Florio to tell me anything. The above was obvious to me when McVay said it and even more obvious when he tried to backtrack. It is what it is. Goff has said some things that could be taken as a slight too.

i don't think so man. not sure what mcvay is supposed to say when asked a question about being happy.

the rams traded goff and 2 1sts and 3rd? for stafford. he better be fucking happy about having stafford as his qb now. what did the press expect him to say?

meanwhile goff can't stop saying how much fun he's having at otas now he has some freedom to make decisions himself.

everybody is happy. including clowns like florio who act like teenage girls who like backstabbing every person in school.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Folio is his own clown. he doesn’t need any prompting to be a total worthless hack. How he has a job is beyond my compression. I am pretty confident he is disliked by many legitimate pro football analysts as he leaves some of his stink on all of them. I don’t like Simms or Bayless but Foolio is in his own category.
Yes Florio is a hack and I'm not a fan at all. But him and Simms both have pretty much universally praised McVay. Point is they dont even have a talking point if Thirey doesn't spin her stupid ass article to create this drama. They dont even make this video because there's nothing to talk about. It's not just NBC. NFL live on ESPN, and NFL Network both had segments today focusing on this. All because Thirey's shitty reporting made McVay come out and make a 2nd statement. So fucking dumb.

Psycho_X

Legend
I think back to people on this board last couple of years being upset that McVay does too much “coach speak” and lambasting him for it. Well, here is a good lesson on why he does that. So amateur quality journalists don’t take simple things he says and blows them out of proportion while creating a shit storm from it for media clicks. Prepare for that coach speak to return and remember why next time it ticks you off.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i don't think so man. not sure what mcvay is supposed to say when asked a question about being happy.

the rams traded goff and 2 1sts and 3rd? for stafford. he better be fucking happy about having stafford as his qb now. what did the press expect him to say?

meanwhile goff can't stop saying how much fun he's having at otas now he has some freedom to make decisions himself.

everybody is happy. including clowns like florio who act like teenage girls who like backstabbing every person in school.

He said he is in a better mood this offseason and then gushed over Stafford. It was a slight. Goff's words are also a slight. Both are professionals. It's no big deal.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
At the risk of offending some on this board, these guys all seem like queers, to me
And your last post was, "At the risk of sounding sexist, maybe she just needs a good hard screw."

C'mon, man... don't forget those instructions about "think before you post".... :thinking:

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Mike Florio is trash. I'll never forget him calling for Tyeek's head before the process played out. That was it for me.

Ram65

Legend
I having been following this.

It's not the end of the world that McVay/Snead changed their mind about Goff. Goff seem to hit a bump in his progression last year. I don't know if he got complacent for sure but, I think he did.

McVay has always tried to praise all his players. An example is when praising a player like Corbett he mentions the other OC players in a good light. It's his positive mindset a team philosophy that runs through the entire organization. DeSean Jackson mentioned it in recent presser. The word has gotten around about the Rams positive football vibe that is focused on winning a championship. That's a very good thing.

McVay is only human. He is obviously excited about Stafford being the Rams QB. I'm excited too and many here are also excited about the change. Micheal Brookers outright said Stafford is an improvement over Goff. That put Brookers in a very awkward position being sent to Detroit later to become a teammate of Goff's again. IMO McVay was extremely frustrated with Goff last year. He has shown great restraint in not openly being critical of Goff.

Being only human McVay let his guard down by openly being happy having Stafford as his QB. No big deal. So when Stafford makes some great plays and the Rams win is McVay suppose to show no emotion? Next story...

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Mcvay us like a wwe hype guy Stafford was sitting there he was asked about being happy and he answered and hyped the dude that was sitting there. Had AD been sitting there or Ramsey is the answer really different. He backs is his players and hypes them. Til he doesn't and that's usually because he has a reason. So scram man. In his requote if mcvay backing Goff the keyword in that statement was "hopefully" things change things happen. You would think some would have learned especially over the last year.

Did foolio or anyone take it like a little bitch "we the media" stfu and strap on some shoulder pads and don't "bro" Mcvay like your tough you wuss.

Lastly what would the media reaction have been had he said well yea I'm happy but we really do miss Jarrod and everything he brought to this team. Simmons laugh is obnoxious btw.
Should have been "The Fool and the Tool" segment.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
McVay will learn from all this. Also from comments he made at the end of last year before the qb trade. He doesn't want to be seen as dissing any player. Don't think we will see him giving the Florios of the world the opportunity for many more such cheap shots.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Nah, I really think he is happy because he thinks he has a hell of a team.

Yes he has Stafford this year, but he also has a young stud RB, speed out the wazzu at WR/TE, a solid OL, and a very good defense with a lot of young playmakers... Ohh, and probably a better draft than they anticipated.

All of the above was either lacking at this time last year (speed) or was a big question mark (defense & Akers).

Very few questions now...Now its just go out and perform. I think any coach would be happy and in a good mood with all of that in place.