Mike Evans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Anyone wanting Evans with a high pick must have missed him getting shut down by EJ Gaines.

And wether Bradford said it or not he sure does seem to favor Open receivers. He is not known as captain check down for nothing. It is quite apparent that he does not like to take risks with the ball. Otherwise he wouldnt have such a low INT rate.

Probably too busy watching an old tape of Calvin Johnson at Georgia Tech getting shut down by Eric Weddle. 2 catches for 19 yards in 2005 Emerald Bowl.

And wouldn't any QB seem to favor Open receivers if they don't have a big target they trust to come up with the more risky throws?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably too busy watching an old tape of Calvin Johnson at Georgia Tech getting shut down by Eric Weddle. 2 catches for 19 yards in 2005 Emerald Bowl.

And wouldn't any QB seem to favor Open receivers if they don't have a big target they trust to come up with the more risky throws?

amen

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone wanting Evans with a high pick must have missed him getting shut down by EJ Gaines.

And wether Bradford said it or not he sure does seem to favor Open receivers. He is not known as captain check down for nothing. It is quite apparent that he does not like to take risks with the ball. Otherwise he wouldnt have such a low INT rate.

Well, Joe Flacco was known as that for a time too.

I didn't miss it but EJ Gaines didn't shut him down by himself either. But then again, I saw AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Sammy Watkins all have games in college where they didn't do much.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

As I recall, Georgia's Paul Oliver(recently deceased) also shut down Calvin Johnson in college.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Y'all have some short selective memories when it comes to Bradford here is an example of what he can do when he has someone that can go get it

RamsFan14

Starter
Bradford does need to take a bit more risks with the football I will agree with that, but it doesn't help that he doesn't trust anyone that greatly. Evans is a sure handed WR (well Austin was supposed to be that too...) but he's got strength and height to his advantage. Throw a ball his way and he'll more often fight hard for the ball, with his body he'll be able to gain better body position by blocking defenders off. Anquan Boldin does an amazing job of that, Evans kind of reminds me of him to a degree (K except where Boldin does a bunch of offensive pass interference penalties and gets away from them).

I think Watkins and Evans have there own special abilities that they bring, both are great... At this time, I do want a dominate tall guy. Yea we have Quick, but Evans doesn't seem to have butter fingers compared to Quick. Can you fix butter fingers? That's pretty tough to do imo.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Y'all have some short selective memories when it comes to Bradford here is an example of what he can do when he has someone that can go get it

I forgot about that game....we need to get bradford someone to trust....my jaw dropped watching that

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford does need to take a bit more risks with the football I will agree with that, but it doesn't help that he doesn't trust anyone that greatly. Evans is a sure handed WR (well Austin was supposed to be that too...) but he's got strength and height to his advantage. Throw a ball his way and he'll more often fight hard for the ball, with his body he'll be able to gain better body position by blocking defenders off. Anquan Boldin does an amazing job of that, Evans kind of reminds me of him to a degree (K except where Boldin does a bunch of offensive pass interference penalties and gets away from them).

I think Watkins and Evans have there own special abilities that they bring, both are great... At this time, I do want a dominate tall guy. Yea we have Quick, but Evans doesn't seem to have butter fingers compared to Quick. Can you fix butter fingers? That's pretty tough to do imo.

Lol...Evans does that too.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Man, if only DX didn't have knees made out of thin glass we would have our big receiver who would have plenty experience and would Sams go to man. Wouldn't of drafted Quick and could of used that draft pick on some other position. Wouldn't be discussing Evans now either. Oh well, no point dwelling(yet I still am :cry:)

RamsFan14

Starter
Lol...Evans does that too.

Haha are you serious? Evans PIF isn't as obvious and noticeable compared to Boldin, that's just me. Boldin does it the best, heck Justin Smith held the offensive guard a ton of the times to help out Aldon Smith. They seem clever when it comes to those two situations.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm sold he won't be there at 13. If he is then I'd say he's BPA and we should pick him. I really like the idea of trading both our first picks and still getting Robinson, Mosely, and couple extra studs via 2nd and 3rd rounds. We would have almost no holes in terms of talent.

If we do pick Evans, he'd be taking reps from other guys that really need to get comfortable in what they're doing. I don't see how that really makes us that much better.

PhxRam

Haha are you serious? Evans PIF isn't as obvious and noticeable compared to Boldin, that's just me. Boldin does it the best, heck Justin Smith held the offensive guard a ton of the times to help out Aldon Smith. They seem clever when it comes to those two situations.

The sad part is that they have all been called out publicly for it and nothing is ever called.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Eh, sometimes it is. But I like it. Can always teach a guy how to better conceal, can rarely teach a guy to have that sort of attitude and physicality.

Man, if only DX didn't have knees made out of thin glass we would have our big receiver who would have plenty experience and would Sams go to man. Wouldn't of drafted Quick and could of used that draft pick on some other position. Wouldn't be discussing Evans now either. Oh well, no point dwelling(yet I still am :cry:)

To be the wet blanket, if DX's knees weren't bad, he would have been drafted so we wouldn't have been able to pick him up as a UDFA. ;)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
To be the wet blanket, if DX's knees weren't bad, he would have been drafted so we wouldn't have been able to pick him up as a UDFA. ;)

Unless......He just never had another knee problem after he left college (y) so we could have still got him as an UDFA.

fearsomefour

Legend
He certainly is much more physically imposing than Watkins....of course Bruce looked like he had never seen a weight room and was one of the best WR of all time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol no way.. Calvin was Exceptional - Evans is not.

Yea, Evans is. He's in that Alshon Jeffery class of hands(slightly below that Jeffery/Fitz tier). Calvin is better than Evans at making spectacular catches but Evans is more reliable as Calvin has some issues with concentration drops.

Evans is absolutely exceptional though. Rarely ever drops passes, makes a lot of difficult, contested catches, adjusts extremely well to the ball, and is very adept at going up and getting the ball as well as attacking it away from his frame.

iced

Yea, Evans is. He's in that Alshon Jeffery class of hands(slightly below that Jeffery/Fitz tier). Calvin is better than Evans at making spectacular catches but Evans is more reliable as Calvin has some issues with concentration drops.

Evans is absolutely exceptional though. Rarely ever drops passes, makes a lot of difficult, contested catches, adjusts extremely well to the ball, and is very adept at going up and getting the ball as well as attacking it away from his frame.

Yea - i'm going to STRONGLY disagree with you this on. Evans is not in same state nor Planet as a prospect as Calvin Johnson. Evans might be good in his own right, but the talent gap between him and Johnson is monumental...If you think it isn't, I have nothing further to say. I just agree to completely disagree at that point