Mike Evans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm starting to really like this guy. Looked fantastic at his pro day and been watching tape on him.. he's got some of the best hands since Calvin Johnson came out. He's got that big 6'5" body, 225 lbs.. uses his size extremely well. All those qualities are almost identical to Calvin.

He'll be gone by 13, so if we did want him we'd have to trade up to at least 9 I'm thinking. Assuming we trade down from 2, a trade up won't hurt. This guy could be exactly what Bradford needs. I think we can all agree this is Quicks make or break year. You guys hopping on the Evans train or would you still rather have Watkins or no 1st round WR at all?

iced

I'm starting to really like this guy. Looked fantastic at his pro day and been watching tape on him.. he's got some of the best hands since Calvin Johnson came out. He's got that big 6'5" body, 225 lbs.. uses his size extremely well. All those qualities are almost identical to Calvin.

He'll be gone by 13, so if we did want him we'd have to trade up to at least 9 I'm thinking. Assuming we trade down from 2, a trade up won't hurt. This guy could be exactly what Bradford needs. I think we can all agree this is Quicks make or break year. You guys hopping on the Evans train or would you still rather have Watkins or no 1st round WR at all?

Watkins or Evans please

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I would be ok with it if we got him at 13 or like you said traded down with 2 got Robinson or Matthews and then trade a 2nd we aquired to trade up to get him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
comparing him to calvin will only disappoint you. nobody is calvin johnson.

i dont mind drafting him at this point, but he really needs to work on his route running because it's not very good he tends to round off his routes a lot

RamsFan14

Starter
Dude I'm saying the same thing, I have no idea why people on here aren't that high on him compared to Watkins. Legit, if we talked about him having 4.3 speed, we'd be on our knees telling the Rams to take him! He's a great talent, why not much love?! He has long arms, very tall, GREAT hands, fights for the football, and he produced on the field! Granted he's not the perfect prospect by any means, he's still got plenty of talent that shouldn't just be ignored cause of one other guy. Watkins is great, I'd be fine with him too, but Evans is sounding as appealing as him right now.

I agree, we might have to trade up to get him. Trade down the #2 pick to say... 6 with Atlanta. Maybe trade the 13th pick for the 9th? Who knows, but I'd welcome Evans with open arms! I think he can be the real deal for this team.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
comparing him to calvin will only disappoint you. nobody is calvin johnson.

i dont mind drafting him at this point, but he really needs to work on his route running because it's not very good he tends to round off his routes a lot
Well obviously he isn't Calvin and probably never will be at his level, but he's the closest there has been in regards to his size and hands and ability to just go and grab the ball.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dude I'm saying the same thing, I have no idea why people on here aren't that high on him compared to Watkins. Legit, if we talked about him having 4.3 speed, we'd be on our knees telling the Rams to take him! He's a great talent, why not much love?! He has long arms, very tall, GREAT hands, fights for the football, and he produced on the field! Granted he's not the perfect prospect by any means, he's still got plenty of talent that shouldn't just be ignored cause of one other guy. Watkins is great, I'd be fine with him too, but Evans is sounding as appealing as him right now.

I agree, we might have to trade up to get him. Trade down the #2 pick to say... 6 with Atlanta. Maybe trade the 13th pick for the 9th? Who knows, but I'd welcome Evans with open arms! I think he can be the real deal for this team.
The more I watch Watkins the more I feel he's this years Tavon Austin. He's bigger and taller, but they play pretty similar.. Watkins may have better hands, but Tavons open field ability is better. Rams want the big body guy, and Quick hasn't really lived up to that #1 guy. He's more like a.. #4.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think he could be an elite TE at the next level. WR i'm not so sure. I'm no expert. I'll leave it to the team that drafts him. I see him slipping no further than #12 to NYG, which happens to be right before we select at #13. Minnesota, Buffalo, Tennessee...all make sense.

I'm currently on the We don't need to draft a WR in the first few rounds camp.

Ram_of_Old

This dude could be the go to guy in the red zone, with that size and range.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think he could be an elite TE at the next level. WR i'm not so sure. I'm no expert. I'll leave it to the team that drafts him. I see him slipping no further than #12 to NYG, which happens to be right before we select at #13. Minnesota, Buffalo, Tennessee...all make sense.

I'm currently on the We don't need to draft a WR in the first few rounds camp.

I think he'd need to pack on more weight if he wanted to be a TE. I have no idea on his blocking ability though. He's 225, which for his height is about what you'd want for a receiver. To be honest though I don't know much about any of the receivers, I haven't really spent much time looking at anyone in this draft other than a few players. I like Robinson and Matthews, and from what I have seen of Evans and Watkins I'd be happy with them as well. Honestly I'm more okay with not doing as much research with this current regime than before, because 1- I trust them to make the right picks, and 2- I trust they're going to do something that I wont be able to predict trade wise.

Plus with the draft a frigging million years out, I'm just ready to get our new guys and get ready for next year.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I really don't want him.

The reason is that Bradford doesn't like to throw up contested balls. I really don't think Evans has the explosiveness to be one who can consistently get open. His best abilities would be his ability to use his body and jump up for balls. Sam throws to people who are open, guys who can get open by running routes. He doesn't throw to guys who will probably catch it, but is in a crowd or isn't open. If we go WR, I'd want someone who has potential to consistently get open based on route running. In this draft, that would be Watkins, otherwise I believe Evans will just end up a waste of a first round pick for the Rams

iced

Well obviously he isn't Calvin and probably never will be at his level, but he's the closest there has been in regards to his size and hands and ability to just go and grab the ball.

except he doesn't have calvins hands, nor is anywhere on his level - even coming out as a prospect..

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
Watkins and Lewan/Zach Martin. Robinson/Matthews and Evans. Trade up/trade down - just make one of them happen. Need an OL starter. Need a #1 receiver. NEED A #1 RECEIVER. NEED A #1 RECEIVER!!! Comprende?? Por Favor!!

Memphis Ram

Legend
Watkins and Lewan/Zach Martin. Robinson/Matthews and Evans. Trade up/trade down - just make one of them happen. Need an OL starter. Need a #1 receiver. NEED A #1 RECEIVER. NEED A #1 RECEIVER!!! Comprende?? Por Favor!!

Per Some Rams Fans. PER SOME RAMS FANS. PER SOME RAMS FANS.

But, do Jeff Fisher and the Rams organization think so? That's the question some Rams fans seem to ignore. Well that, and Fisher and company believe that Watkins and/or Evans fit the criteria. Or if there aren't other players in this draft class that might.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I really don't want him.

The reason is that Bradford doesn't like to throw up contested balls. I really don't think Evans has the explosiveness to be one who can consistently get open. His best abilities would be his ability to use his body and jump up for balls. Sam throws to people who are open, guys who can get open by running routes. He doesn't throw to guys who will probably catch it, but is in a crowd or isn't open. If we go WR, I'd want someone who has potential to consistently get open based on route running. In this draft, that would be Watkins, otherwise I believe Evans will just end up a waste of a first round pick for the Rams

Has Bradford said that he doesn't like to throw up contested balls? Or has he not had anyone to throw up contest balls to that he can trust can make a play?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has Bradford said that he doesn't like to throw up contested balls? Or has he not had anyone to throw up contest balls to that he can trust can make a play?

The former. He's had Calvin Johnson, Alshon Jeffery, and Rob Gronkowski to throw jump balls to. He explicitly stated..."I did not have sexual relations with that..." errr I'm sorry wrong quote..."I did not enjoy having sexual relations with that..." damn it, I think this is it..."Who wants to throw a potentially contested pass when I can take a sack, throw the ball away, or throw 10 yards short of the marker to the HB?"

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Anyone wanting Evans with a high pick must have missed him getting shut down by EJ Gaines.

And wether Bradford said it or not he sure does seem to favor Open receivers. He is not known as captain check down for nothing. It is quite apparent that he does not like to take risks with the ball. Otherwise he wouldnt have such a low INT rate.