Middle school offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
ESPN

CzcevpKXcAAi_8k.jpg

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I honestly think the Cure is to rebuild the Oline. You don't need WR's. Brady and Prescott been doing it all year without WR's. Trust me Dez is my fantasy WR and he hasn't done anything all year. But those two offenses are still great.

Fortunately if you have the right guys ups stairs you can make moves in Free Agency and later in the draft to plug the Oline holes.

We need someone to come in and clean house and when I say that I mean GROB and Barnes are gone. The others I evaluate, but my target #1 and #2 in the offseason is Oline.

I cut bait with Britt, Quick and some high paid guys and begin to build my Oline for Goff.

Yes, thank you.
People keep talking about Prescott and he's done a really good job, but without that massive O line, he, along with their entire offense, would not be anywhere near where they are today. IMHO a good O line can be 60% of a good offense. They can make average running backs, TE's, WR's look pretty darn good.

jap

Legend
The Gurley Man speaketh! All who have ears, let them hear!!!

Todd59

Rookie
That's not true. I've helped coach a middle school team. This is worse. It's a team full of receivers that can't catch with a quarterback that has next-to-zero pocket awareness. At least 2 sacks (Beasley's second sack and the strip sack for the TD) could've been avoided if Goff just stepped up into the pocket.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's not true. I've helped coach a middle school team. This is worse. It's a team full of receivers that can't catch with a quarterback that has next-to-zero pocket awareness. At least 2 sacks (Beasley's second sack and the strip sack for the TD) could've been avoided if Goff just stepped up into the pocket.

QBs tend to not step up in the pocket when their OL is leaking like a sieve. Hell, a former NFL OL (Diehl) gave a detailed breakdown on the Beasley strip sack for a TD. That was on Havenstein. They slid protection to double Beasley. He blindsided Goff because Goff expected Havenstein to not give him the edge when he had help inside.

Bruce2980

Starter
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he saw this coming the minute he got the playbook.
No sideline passes for you Todd Gurley. This offense was called a high school offense last week in the media, now its taken another step back? WOW

MountainRam

Rookie
How will Fisher extract his pound of revenge on Gurley now? You know it's coming. Fisher has never let a criticism of him slide.

Bruce2980

Starter
Dude, the players like the staff.
Do they? Or are they just keeping their mouths shut to keep their jobs? Even if they do "like" the staff, it doesn't mean that they respect them as professionals. Incompetent people have friends too.

Bruce2980

Starter
Gurley should be disciplined by Fisher for taking these type of comments public.
No, some of us saw this coming weeks ago when Dickerson spoke out! And some us us knew that this could get ugly and players might even start to say whats on their minds, in public. This is what inevitably happens to ineffectual organizations, now we can see a sinking ship. Changes need to be made starting with the HC and all coaches on the offense. This team has to play perfect ball on all plays, no mistakes can be made, for this team to even have a chance of winning with this offensive scheme. Ans all refs have to be on board, no missed calls, no bogus calls. And no team can, or has ever played that perfect, play after play.

Last edited:

DawgFather

UDFA
Georgia Fan here with some insight on this. Gurley's freshman year, Senior safety Shawn Williams (NFL now) who was a leader called out out his teamates for being soft, He called them soft after a couple poor performances even after wins. He called them out publicly just like Gurley did, if grown men cant handle that then they are soft mentally. We then dominated every game after that and in the SEC Championship Game to go to the National Championship. We lost the game on the 5 yard line at the end of the game against Alabama. The week Shawn Williams called out his teamates we had like 3-4 concessions the next week of practice, behind the scenes players said it was the hardest hitting week ever at Georgia. Calling out his teamates publicly COMPLETELY turned out as a positive and the team played extremely phyisical from there out.

I am not saying this will help the Rams cause they dont have Championship hopes like Georgia did. Gurley is an insane talent, HOF talent stuck with the most embarrassing offense you could possibly have. Atleast Gurley still has pride and loves football for football regardless if they are making the playoffs. Gurley has zero room to run in the games i have watched and the OL is soft as charmin. This is coming from outsider that roots for the Rams cause 2 of my favorite Georgia players are on it with Tree and Gurley.

Hope you guys get it turned around, will continue to root for you guys.

Last edited:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
All he's doing is throwing his teammates under the bus. If he says that it's not on coaching, and then says the rest of his teammates are mailing it in, then he's going to make it very difficult on himself for the rest of the year. There is nothing about this that is professional. If you have a problem with your teammates, then take it to them in the locker room or in meetings. Dude has a lot to learn still.

I don't know. I'm primarily motivated by shame. If you have a personal talk with me, I'll try harder but make no promises. If you call me out publicly I'll do everything in my power to ensure you can't shame me like that again. I can't be the only one. With any luck, there's 19 more guys like that on the Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All he's doing is throwing his teammates under the bus. If he says that it's not on coaching, and then says the rest of his teammates are mailing it in, then he's going to make it very difficult on himself for the rest of the year. There is nothing about this that is professional. If you have a problem with your teammates, then take it to them in the locker room or in meetings. Dude has a lot to learn still.

Why are we assuming he hasn't? This has been a long year of very bad offensive play. Who says Gurley and others haven't reamed guys out behind the scenes? If it isn't working, you might as well adapt a new strategy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How will Fisher extract his pound of revenge on Gurley now? You know it's coming. Fisher has never let a criticism of him slide.

Maybe he'll make sure gurley gets 30 runs against the seagulls. That will teach him a lesson in pain.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Well that's not true. It wasn't that long ago that fans were reaming him for calling out the receivers.

Talk is cheap. Who actually lost any playing time outside of G Rob for terrible offensive performances. Even when he benched him he refused to call it a benching, treated it like a timeout instead. These are grown ass men, but Fisher constantly babies them because he is a "players coach." I am tired of the buddy program Fisher runs. Its great that the players like him, but if he is not getting the most out of them what is the point.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
We have a game Thursday. Wait until Friday, if he is to be fired. Give the new guy 9 or 10 days to prepare.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have a game Thursday. Wait until Friday, if he is to be fired. Give the new guy 9 or 10 days to prepare.

Yea, that seems rational. Plus, it's Seattle. Give the mustache one last opportunity to troll Pete the Cheat. Then we fire him...whether he wins or loses.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Fisher should do the honorable thing and resign to avoid being the biggest looser in NFL history because he wont get fired on a short week.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
NFL Draft Insider ‏@NFLDraftInsider · 4m4 minutes ago

Fun fact: The #Falcons have scored more touchdowns in LA than the #Rams have. #JeffFisher

Pretty funny. At this point, I'm just waiting for the offseason to begin. Hopefully we can at least squeeze out one last win against the Whiners.