Middle school offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Gurley should be disciplined by Fisher for taking these type of comments public.
You knew stuff like this is going to go public as the losses continued to pile up. This team has been a ticking time bomb ready to explode for quite some time. You never want to see a team "air" it's dirty laundry outside of the locker room, but it was just a matter of time. Not saying it's right, but the 800 pound elephant has been released from the front room.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Obviously Todd is very frustrated this season by the teams lack of success. As we we all know he's a team captain and likely wouldn't say what he said unless he believed it on some level.

I think his comments will be heard loud and clear moving forward.

What Gurley said, is yet another cemented BRICK added to the wall for a
new coaching regime in 2017.

qhFdISu.gif

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
This is good, he should speak out on the pathetic product put on the field for you guys these days. This is no different than when Jackson and Holt went against Linehan.

Bad leaders deserve their bad leadership to be called to question.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Gurley telling it like it is. He has been thinking it all year long. If Stan has any respect for Gurley and this team he should fire Fisher and Boras tomorrow.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
All he's doing is throwing his teammates under the bus. If he says that it's not on coaching, and then says the rest of his teammates are mailing it in, then he's going to make it very difficult on himself for the rest of the year. There is nothing about this that is professional. If you have a problem with your teammates, then take it to them in the locker room or in meetings. Dude has a lot to learn still.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
All he's doing is throwing his teammates under the bus. If he says that it's not on coaching, and then says the rest of his teammates are mailing it in, then he's going to make it very difficult on himself for the rest of the year. There is nothing about this that is professional. If you have a problem with your teammates, then take it to them in the locker room or in meetings. Dude has a lot to learn still.

How do you know he hasn't already tried that? None of us know what all has gone on behind the scenes between the players and coaches.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How do you know he hasn't already tried that? None of us know what all has gone on behind the scenes between the players and coaches.
He has tried that. We've already seen reports of him going to players and trying to pump them up. But doing this has zero benefit to the team. What good could possibly come from him telling the media that his players suck?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
But man I'm super duper competitive and I'm not even a pro athlete. Do they not want to win?!?! I would HATE losing. Gurley even mentioned last year how he wasn't used to losing coming from Georgia

I'm sure that's not the case with all of them. Some of them really want to win badly - for sure.
But a bunch of them like to 'half ass' it through their pro football career.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
NFL Draft Insider ‏@NFLDraftInsider · 4m4 minutes ago

Fun fact: The #Falcons have scored more touchdowns in LA than the #Rams have. #JeffFisher

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

When you put it like that X it makes him out to be a bit of a sore loser and not take accountability for his own short comings.

Definitely not the best way to vent your frustrations to the media. I'm not so sure he was fully trying to throw his teammates under the bus as much as he was trying to challenge them to give more effort moving forward.

He is still very young and has lots to learn but I'm okay with him acting out in an unprofessional manner if it means getting things fixed for the future... I expect him to change his tone and elaborate on a softer tone in the next 24-48 hours.

Last edited:

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
He has tried that. We've already seen reports of him going to players and trying to pump them up. But doing this has zero benefit to the team. What good could possibly come from him telling the media that his players suck?

sometimes players need called out. this might be one of those times.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
He's 100% correct. This team has quit. Having said that, it's hard to blame them. Would you risk your body for this regime? I wouldn't. And I bet Alexander is regretting having done so right about now.

Gurley looked very good today. We were down 14-0 early, sure, but it was still super early in the game. We never should have stopped giving him touches. For some reason, once it was 28-0 and in the 3rd quarter, we then decided it was the right time to go back to him. Gurley still looked good but by then it was too late to be running the football.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Gurley has been pissed all year and he has played the roll of the company man. He clearly has had enough and he finally boiled over on the sidelines and in the game today.

I do not blame him one bit the head coach refuses to hold any of the player s accountable and instead just vomits an incessant amount of tired excuses, while the team continues to just put out a crap product. Some one has to say it like it is.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

Back in 2012, when Gurley was a freshman and Georgia was trying to win a National title, Shawn Williams called out the defense saying they were just going through the motions. They stepped up their game after that. Maybe that's what Gurley was trying to replicate here.

tempests

Hall of Fame

I don't know, man. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have both done this when they felt their teammates needed a fire lit under them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
sometimes players need called out. this might be one of those times.
That's cool. That's your opinion, and I respect it. It's just that after having played organized sports for 15 years, I've never seen that as a productive strategy. I have nothing bad to say against him for it either, because he's passionate and aggravated. If he wears his heart on his sleeve, then okay. I just don't see how any good can come of this. But ... who knows. Maybe this will stoke a fire in some guys to prove him wrong. I will say that I'm curious about who's he's talking about specifically. But I don't want him to do that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I do not blame him one bit the head coach refuses to hold any of the player s accountable
Well that's not true. It wasn't that long ago that fans were reaming him for calling out the receivers.