Media on Stafford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Rams lose this game and all of us will take it to our fucking grave!
I don’t think I will, back at SB 36 everyone was predicting a slaughter by the high powered gsot and it didn’t happen. To me, that’s the one that got away. Now being older and wiser, I recognize that there are no guarantees and there are two ways this could play out.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
just looked up every single regular season int, only 2 were deep passes on 3rd down. the other 4 3rd down ints were all thrown well short of the 1st down line. I will also add he had 1 deep ball intercepted right before half so round that up to 3 "punts" for him. still leaves him in a not particularly great situation int wise

Yes,

He's had some bad INT's, nobody argues it. But he also just had one of this best statistcal seasons he's ever had. He's got us in the SB
and that same guy rallied us from 10 down in the championship game against a really good D.

So no matter what he's done wrong, he's done WAY more right. I'll go to battle with Matthew any day.
My money says in a week he leads us to our 2nd ring.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
The LA Rams have never won the Super Bowl, the LA fans deserve it.. i cant sit here and say they will win hands down, i see these 2 teams are very similar offensively with the edge going to the Rams on defense. The Bengals kicker is unbelievable right now and Joe Burrow despite his mediocre line play just gets it done. Their receiving core is pretty damn good, we have to hope for some relentless pressure from our DL and hopefully that creates a few turnovers. This is not going to be a cakewalk men.. the Bengals are here because they earned it. I hope McVay has a better game plan than his first trip to the big game.. im sure he is looking forward to redeeming himself. If he shits the bed this board will be like the Hindenburg. Its going to a long week.. hopefully its LA’s time to hoist the Lombardi, one can dream.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
The LA Rams have never won the Super Bowl, the LA fans deserve it.. i cant sit here and say they will win hands down, i see these 2 teams are very similar offensively with the edge going to the Rams on defense. The Bengals kicker is unbelievable right now and Joe Burrow despite his mediocre line play just gets it done. Their receiving core is pretty damn good, we have to hope for some relentless pressure from our DL and hopefully that creates a few turnovers. This is not going to be a cakewalk men.. the Bengals are here because they earned it. I hope McVay has a better game plan than his first trip to the big game.. im sure he is looking forward to redeeming himself. If he shits the bed this board will be like the Hindenburg. Its going to a long week.. hopefully its LA’s time to hoist the Lombardi, one can dream.
I apologize, wrong thread.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don’t think I will, back at SB 36 everyone was predicting a slaughter by the high powered gsot and it didn’t happen. To me, that’s the one that got away. Now being older and wiser, I recognize that there are no guarantees and there are two ways this could play out.
Agree; and, just to add a couple thoughts ...

There are no easy games ... ever.

Plus, the past two weeks have been great but those were REALLY close games / tough wins.

Finally, there's nothing like the NFL Playoffs for Ecstasy and Heart-break ... very recent examples of heart-break would be fans of the Cowboys, Bills, Packers, Titans, Bucs, 49ers and Chiefs.

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Win in 10 days and none of this matters.
EF37BA31-E574-40A2-B670-808D86A2FD18.gif

The media is equally poised to either town him or condemn him. Next Sunday will decide which path they choose.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Lol. Guy saved our bacon in TB. That game gets to OT we lose. None of those turnovers were on him. He was nails on 3rd down against SF. Both TDs were on 3rd down. He’s a gunslinger and a winner. Want a dink and dunker go watch the Detroit QB.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Maybe, but my feeling is now Rams are playing in their house and have been set up to win this game. Donald, Whitworth, etc. Granted I get your point, but this one the Rams should win going away IMHO.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
But without all the illegal substances.
Hey.. whatever he can get away with that makes him better.

In all seriousness.. he had thumb surgery last off season and had to change teams and learn a new system and couldn't throw to his guys until late in the spring.

If all he has to do is work on his body? Might get a little more velocity on the already impressive throws.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I’ve seen that some are picking Burrow to be mvp, which I thought was interesting since mvp is usually on the winning team. I’m picking AD.
9 out of fifteen BSPN people are picking Cinncy.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
There was a reason for that, and it didn’t “get away.”

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ve seen that some are picking Burrow to be mvp, which I thought was interesting since mvp is usually on the winning team. I’m picking AD.
He's had a good playoff run so far. 842 yards, 4 TDs, 2 ints, 104 QBR, against two middling defenses and one good defense.

Stafford has 905 yards, 6 tds, 1 int, and a QBR of 125. I can see why the media is picking Burrow to win mvp:rolleyes:

MachS

Hall of Fame
Stafford has 905 yards, 6 tds, 1 int, and a QBR of 125. I can see why the media is picking Burrow to win mvp
8 total TDs actually** because Staff has two rushing TDs. So its actually a 8/1 turnover ratio.

If we play our best game we win, it's pretty simple. Prior to the NE game in '18 I was very nervous. Down the stretch that year we weren't playing our best football, and going up against Brady/Belichick in the SB is no easy task. I know I'll feel super nervous on game day, but I'm much more calm this year for some reason. I think it's all the interviews and mic'd up clips from this playoff run. McVay, Stafford, AD, Kupp, Von, Ramsey, OBJ they all seem so focused on the ultimate goal. We knew we could get here, we wanted to get here. Not just to get back but to win it this time. Immediately after the SF win while celebrating our leaders were a bit reserved. Seemed like they didn't want to let themselves be content with a conference win. McVay didn't even want to touch the NFC Championship trophy. Idk something about their confidence and focus makes me think we're going to come out and play a great and complete game.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If you look into the turnovers you also would see a number of intercepts that were thrown on 3rd and long and basically were like 40-50 yard punts. Those throws in my opinion are very smart. Why not take a chance throwing a bomb on a 3rd and 10-20 yards? Best case we have a huge play. Worst case they give it to them like a punt. The odds of converting on 3rd and long are so low. We saw this a lot this year from Stafford/McVay and I don’t think it was a mistake.
A lot of those were 3rd and 4. The Tart drop was 1st down. So not sure how many were 3rd and long.

Tano

Legend
He's had a good playoff run so far. 842 yards, 4 TDs, 2 ints, 104 QBR, against two middling defenses and one good defense.

Stafford has 905 yards, 6 tds, 1 int, and a QBR of 125. I can see why the media is picking Burrow to win mvp:rolleyes:
Stafford sucks << The Media