Media Fallout: Rams Smash Bears

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Like a lot of Rams’ fans, I enjoy watching the national media coverage following a good win. However, the national media coverage can be really weak.

Last night, following the game, Kyle Montgomery was hosting NFL Access on the NFL Network. He said Goff had ‘not thrown a TD pass in three weeks’.

WTF!

Goff had two TD passes in each of the prior two games, and has thrown a TD pass in every game for six straight games.

I also learned from Brian Greise (who I like) last night that Robert Quinn came to the Bears from the Rams ... ‘last year’ !!!

I foolishly thought Quinn was in Dallas last year, and in Miami the year before. Silly me.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
It almost looks like it actually hurts them when they try to say anything good about the Rams lmao. Atleast Stephen A was complementing the Rams.

The game was at SOFI and the Rams were in the lead the whole game yet the announcers kept on and on about the Bears. Honestly seemed like they were rooting for the Chicago.

Last edited:

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Some good replays in these segments of the Hill PBU / Rapp INT, Hill did a great job turning his head around to keep the ref from throwing the DPI. Made another solid play on 3rd down. Hill did a great job last night, kudos to him & the rest of our secondary.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I also learned from Brian Greise (who I like) last night that Robert Quinn came to the Bears from the Rams ... ‘last year’ !!!

I foolishly thought Quinn was in Dallas last year, and in Miami the year before. Silly me.
I am liking Greise a lot less right now. Watching a replay of the game; and Greise actually just repeated the dopey ‘Quinn was on the Rams last year’ comment.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Nick Foles has that Super Bowl ring, and just beat Tom Brady team again, and Matt Nagy comes from the Andy Reid world. Plus, they have a big name with Khalil Mack, who as far as name goes, is bigger than Aaron Donald (being part of a huge trade deal). So it's naturally that would be the team that receives more of the saucy coverage. The Rams are just a bunch of no-drama guys that just go out and play. Nothing spicy or juicy to see here. The player that remotely comes close is Jalen Ramsey and that dude got highlighted last night for donating a mil to an inner city school.

That said, I never thought I'd see the day to look to Stephen A. Smith for the props.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lot of great perspective by Cowherd there. He's right. I mean there are times I'm angry at Goff during a game, like when he gets that look in a game with the scared body language, but more often than not he will rebound in that game and shut me up. Which is part of the reason I've always been in his corner.

I think Goff is just tougher inside, mentally, than he looks. And I have to remind myself to trust in that. But again Cowherd is right and if you watch these other QBs like you will Goff with the same eye for attention as you have for your own team you'll see the truth of what he's saying.

You know what's funny? His 2018 season was way more what the talking heads want to see. But he's a far better QB now. He knows the protections now, and undoubtedly has far more mastery of the offense. And he still has ceiling to reach too, given his arm talent and how hard he works. So yeah. There aren't a lot of QBs I would trade him for straight up.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Goff has NEVER missed a start. That is priceless in today's NFL. Our lanky kid can take some shots, is a real leader. Get behind him or get out.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I think the media looks at the scoring and were churring points at a good clip, but they expect more of the 2018 flashy numbers. If I'm seeing our team correctly I'm seeing a growth in McVay. The growth is he's doing enough on Offense and trusting his DEfense and Punter and winning field position. He knows the div games will be a battle royal. He's holding back on offense, just using the first couple of pages before dialing up the newer plays. He's working on game management and getting prepared for the real games post bye week.

Lets see how we handle the Div games, then we will see if a better team than last year. Just keep working on being a physical imposing team as our identity. Thats what true playoff teams do.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Nugget from the Good Morning Football clip:

"Sean McVay is 30-0 when Rams lead at halftime."

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

oldnotdead

Legend
This is Goff's first year with this level of control over the offense. Prior to this, he was McVay's puppet doing whatever his earpiece told him to do. Now he has more control and has a much longer leash. He's still a work in progress learning to read defenses. But when you put his play into that context, Jared is doing very well and will only get better with experience. IMO those first two years with McVay his growth was stunted in being strictly a system QB. But now Sean is allowing Jared to actually lead this team. O'Connell calls the play but Jared is allowed to execute it within his own discretion. That is why he's a bit slow in his reads and holds the ball too long on occasions. But the more he plays the better he will get.

Goff is a true franchise QB in every sense of the word. Snead chose right between Goff and Wentz. In Philly they have a big decision to make about continuing on with Wentz into the future. IMO 2023 is the Eagles out year on Wentz's contract. Accordingly, they must decide if they draft his successor next year allowing him to develop for a year behind Carson. That's why Wentz is in a two year prove it phase. Right now Carson is at career lows in several important categories. If he doesn't turn it around in the second half, Philly will have no choice but to cover themselves by drafting another QB. If they do so I look for Philly to try to trade Carson either next year or certainly the year after.

Meanwhile in LA Goff continues to validate the Ram's choice and is every bit of a franchise QB. This has allowed the FO to build a complete team around him on both sides of the ball. The competition since that draft is now over IMO. Everything points to Goff becoming a complete QB and having a very long and successful career.