McVay vs Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Turducken

Starter
I'm not here to rip on Goff, I always liked him. Both McVay and Goff are conscientiously avoiding the entire "revenge game" narrative, as they should. They have mutual respect and approach the game with class.

Having said all that, I can't imagine there is a single person on earth with a better understanding of Goff's strengths and weaknesses than Sean McVay. As an organization, the Rams likely have move video of his tendencies than the Lions (unless Brad Holmes smuggled it out).

McVay is a savant on the offensive side of the ball, but this week we need him to channel his inner Belichik and devote some time considering defensive scheme and getting back inside the head of his former pupil.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All I care about is AD eating his ass with a side of ketchup. Om nom nom.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO if the Rams get interior pressure from Turner and Donald it's going to be a long day for Goff. (I am a huge Goff fan and root for him 99% of the time, not this week. I actually hope he wins a Championship with the Lions for himself, the team and the fans. Just not at the expense of the Rams)

Psycho_X

Legend
All I care about is AD eating his ass
Shocked Face Wow GIF

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Make contact with him, put him on the turf, and he will start playing poorly. If you let him have a clean pocket, he'll carve you up.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I'm not here to rip on Goff, I always liked him. Both McVay and Goff are conscientiously avoiding the entire "revenge game" narrative, as they should. They have mutual respect and approach the game with class.

Having said all that, I can't imagine there is a single person on earth with a better understanding of Goff's strengths and weaknesses than Sean McVay. As an organization, the Rams likely have move video of his tendencies than the Lions (unless Brad Holmes smuggled it out).

McVay is a savant on the offensive side of the ball, but this week we need him to channel his inner Belichik and devote some time considering defensive scheme and getting back inside the head of his former pupil.
Seems like a simple conversation with Raheem...about 20 minutes of relaying everything that limited Goff and kept him from doing what McVay wanted/thought he should do as QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yea...that phrase does not mean the same thing it did 30 years ago.
Well if I was going the other route I would have went with "tongue punching the starfish" or similar. :laugh3:

But I wouldn't wish that on AD.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Well if I was going the other route I would have went with "tongue punching the starfish" or similar. :laugh3:

Got it. Lol

Anyway, breaking away from eating man ass, Mcvay knows Goffs weaknesses. Whether we are able to exploit them is what we have to wait and see.

Psycho_X

Legend
Anyway, I don't see the revenge thing being that big of deal to anyone. Maybe a little but not like media will make it out to be.

If it was 2021 playoffs I could see it being a little more important to everyone involved all the way up to the GMs. But at this point, who cares? Both QBs have a lot riding on adding to their overall legacy than they do one upping an old team. In 20 years few (beyond us crazy fans) will remember who was beaten. They will just remember how many playoff wins and super bowls each will have.

But yes, I assume McVay and Morris will have a lot of specific things ready for Goff based on history and familiarity. See if that holds up.

Turducken

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I tried to start a worthy thread and the first reply diverted it into a discussion of prison sex.

Can the mods clean this up?

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Goff doesn't get rattled, but, you can affect his mechanics by getting pressure up the middle and not letting him step into his throws. I'm expecting a lot of stunts and blitzes by Jones up the gut. Johnson will counter with screens.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I tried to start a worthy thread and the first reply diverted it into a discussion of prison sex.

Can the mods clean this up?
Oh stop whining. We're having fun. There's more responses about your question than that of "prison sex". Which makes me wonder...how do you know that goes on in prison?

Ellard80

Legend
if either QB is actually into that narrative its a distraction.

They won't be thinking of any of those narratives.

Maybe after its all said and done.