McVay regrets sitting starters last season.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Did anyone other than Peter Schrager hear McVay say this? Because until there's verification of this said conversation, I'm calling this whole thing, and the reason you're now having this spirited debste, one big load of Shit!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Did anyone other than Peter Schrager hear McVay say this? Because until there's verification of this said conversation, I'm calling this whole thing, and the reason you're now having this spirited debste, one big load of crap!

You tell 'em Reek!

grampa05.gif

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Teams are statistically better coming off a bye. I like how the Rams approach resting players scientfically. Liked our preseason approach, and resting starters against the Niners Sun. too. I don’t think the playoff loss had anything to do with us resting starters. I’d do the same thing again for sure.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's not resting starters this year. They already have a week off if they finish as a top 2 seed. There's no way he's gonna let his players sit 2 or 3 weeks before a play-off game against a hardened opponent.

So, 19-0.

Ellard80

Legend
I've always been of the opinion that if you don't have momentum, you build it. And if you already have momentum, you don't kill it.

I'm not disagreeing with you - and you were saying this last year as I remember.

But most people were getting beat down for suggesting it was a mistake... now "allegedly" McVay says it was a mistake.. which I'm not sure I believe - and you get 14 likes on your statement.

People are funny.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
How many playoff games did Peyton Manning win after sitting out the final week of the season hint it wasn't many

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
There have been plenty of coaches that have rested starters and done well in the playoffs

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did anyone other than Peter Schrager hear McVay say this? Because until there's verification of this said conversation, I'm calling this whole thing, and the reason you're now having this spirited debste, one big load of crap!

Are you suggesting Shraeger made it up? He stated it on GMF. Would he defy McVay’s trust in the future? Burning a source?

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Are you suggesting Shraeger made it up? He stated it on GMF. Would he defy McVay’s trust in the future? Burning a source?
They all do it once in a while. Don't you find it weird that no one else can even confirm this? It would be stupid to think that not even one other sports reporter has asked about that game.

Ellard80

Legend
They all do it once in a while. Don't you find it weird that no one else can even confirm this? It would be stupid to think that not even one other sports reporter has asked about that game.

It's also interesting that when I search anywhere I can find no mention of any reference to McVay saying this.

Also...the fact that McVay didn't play so many people during the preseason is evidence to the contrary.

I'm with Reek on this one... leaning towards complete BS.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's alluded to in pressers more than once that he'd do it differently if he had another chance. Not sure why people are saying Shraeger made this up.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There have been plenty of coaches that have rested starters and done well in the playoffs

I think the implication is that resting young guys with no playoff experience and with little success other than that season is a bad idea.

Resting a group of well tested vets with playoff games on their resume is a lot different.

Ellard80

Legend
He's alluded to in pressers more than once that he'd do it differently if he had another chance. Not sure why people are saying Shraeger made this up.

Got any links? I've watched a lot of his pressers - I've never heard him once refer to that.

Ellard80

Legend
Nope but they’re all on the Rams page, have fun.

Yeah won't go looking for something I've never heard him say! but thanks ;)

I'm not even saying I am for or against him sitting people.... just never heard him say anything along those lines, even remotely.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah won't go looking for something I've never heard him say! but thanks ;)
I know I heard it so I’m not worried about it. It is funny though for a couple years now we’ve been citing Shraeger and his inside info on the Rams and suddenly people are calling him a liar for something obvious like this. I mean it’s not like his job doesn’t give him access to McVay, especially when he was announcing our preseason games.

Ellard80

Legend
I know I heard it so I’m not worried about it. It is funny though for a couple years now we’ve been citing Shraeger and his inside info on the Rams and suddenly people are calling him a liar for something obvious like this. I mean it’s not like his job doesn’t give him access to McVay, especially when he was announcing our preseason games.

Yeah I'm not even saying Shraegar is a liar or anything- I just want to see some actually examples of McVay saying this. I'd maybe be happy if McVay said that...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got any links? I've watched a lot of his pressers - I've never heard him once refer to that.

Whatever is not a beat reporter. He does know McVay. Why is it out of the realm of possibility that McVay would say this?

Yeah I'm not even saying Shraegar is a liar or anything- I just want to see some actually examples of McVay saying this. I'd maybe be happy if McVay said that...

Yes you are calling Shraeger a liar.

I have heard McVay say that he would have done things differently if he could do it again. So, maybe Shraeger thought it was an interesting comment and asked McVay to explain it further. Whatever has plugged the Rams plenty. You don't think McVay would return the favor and give him something for the show?

I guess you naysayers don't believe anything that you don't read in quotes. Here is a quote for you - " Quit hijacking a thread with your inane contrarian point of view. If you don't like a topic, move on, instead of redirecting the thread." - Elmgrovegnome

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
If you haven't learned anything from Mcvay yet you should at least know he likes introspection and questioning how to correct mistakes. That doesn't mean he will do something different but it does mean he is open to the idea. He despises stubbornness and views that as hindering progress.

I suspect we may see the starters play a quarter or two in the irrelevant games. With Quick safe pass plays. Happy Medium.