McVay has been SO good for us. But what if Jeff Fisher....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't relate to the purpose of this thread.
200.webp

I'll enlighten you.
The purpose is for us to realize just how valuable Sean McVay is.

Do you really think I'd want Fisher back? Have you read my signature sentence below?

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Hypothetically, I'd get all Les Snead on those ten picks. Meaning I'd trade every second one for future 1st rounders, just to keep the gravy train rolling.

So, take the 1st overall, trade the 2nd overall for 2 more first rounders in coming years (say one in 2019, one in 2020), take the 3rd overall, trade the fourth overall... and so on. So not only would I have five first rounders this year, but I'd have six next year (mine, plus the five I acquired in trades), and say six more two years from now. Plus all the extra 2nd and third rounders I also got.

That's kinda brilliant. Nice.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
No way on God's Green Earth would I ever let JF back into the Rams organization in any capacity--not even the person who jaunts along the field hoisting the Ram Flag. I supported him while he was the Rams' HC both in St. Louis and in Los Angeles and give him credit for helping the team during the difficult relocation and transition I shook his hand while the team was engaged in OTAs in Oxnard, Calif the year before the move. He's a nice guy and was good with the media and fans but too old-school, kind of like Chuck Knox during his second tenure as the Rams' HC in the early and mid 1990s. Besides he attended the junior high school, Portola Middle School in Tarzana, Calif. where I taught for well-nigh over 30 years. ("Jeffrey Fisher, will you stop throwing the spit wads and get back to working on your assignment, young man.")

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
McVay is a full on obvious keeper. He's very important to us winning now and in the future. Extremely glad to have him as the Rams coach. So here's a hilarious question to help us digest just how important it is to have a great head coach.

Would you let Jeff Fisher come back as our head coach next year (McVay goes elsewhere) if included was that we literally got to take the first 10 picks in the 2018 draft? Picks 1-10 just for the Rams, and the other teams had to wait until pick 11 to get started.

First 10 picks all become Ram players, all you have to do is re-hire Jeff Fisher as our head coach. Cannot fire Jeff for at least 3 years.

Imagine the extreme talent having all of the first 10 picks would be. What say you?

:D
Given that you never actually said I had to fire McVay: yes. I'd leave the rest of the coaching staff in place, tell Jeff to sit down and shut up, move McVay "elsewhere" to Senior Offensive Strategist (yeah I made it up, get over it), and continue to kick ass and take names. Eat that hypothetical nonsense.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Well if Fisher comes back I think I found him his first hire. The new strength & conditioning coaches:

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
...and continue to kick ass and take names. Eat that hypothetical nonsense.

Oh yeah? We'll I'll out do your hypothetical nonsense.
With the Jeff Fisher re-hire we ALSO have to make his weird son our offensive coordinater. LOLOLOLOL

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Oh yeah? We'll I'll out do your hypothetical nonsense.
With the Jeff Fisher re-hire we ALSO have to make his weird son our offensive coordinater. LOLOLOLOL
That's... That's definitely not any better. Wasn't he done kind of defensive assistant? DB's or something? Offense? :puke:

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
That's... That's definitely not any better. Wasn't he done kind of defensive assistant? DB's or something? Offense? :puke:

I'm not sure WHAT he did! But he's your new OC.