McVay Confirms Starters Will Play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From McVay's latest comments, Goff and Gurley are no go's.
Disappointing. We'll probably be rusty in Week One. I'd hate to see those Bay Area knuckledraggers celebrating on Monday Night football because we were afraid in Week three, to play our guys....

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Defense will play starters, they need to get some live tackling in.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The worst ever was a hockey injury. A goalie got his throat cut by a skate, and he's lucky to have survived without lasting damage.

Oh yeah I was just talking about that with someone the other day.. unreal

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

Personally, I am not a fan of this practice although I understand the concern.
They will not be as prepared as they would be had they played together in preseason
They will be healthy barring an injury in practice for the season

It's a case of the old on one hand a positive on the other a negative.
Hopefully we can get by a raider team we demolished 52 - 0 last time we played for real

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

Some fans will naturally fear that certain Rams starters could come out flat or rusty in week 1 because of getting no preseason snaps.

I have complete faith in McVay and his coaching staff to have this team ready for the opener.

head-coach-sean-mcvay-of-the-los-angeles-rams-during-an-nfl-game-the-picture-id900664212

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I felt the same way before our playoff game against the Falcons. ;)

I've heard the excuses bantered before and after the Falcons loss. Resting the starters in week 17 last season was not the reason the Rams lost the game. Comparing apples to potatoes:cool:

Pharoh Cooper played in week 17 when the most of the starters rested.

Hmmmm who had 2 horrible fumbles that set the table for that game? ;)

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/21/nfl-rams-texans-preseason-starters-sean-mcvay-week-3/

Looks like we're finally going to see the real Rams play. How much though?
From "ramswire"

Mod note: Link fixed

I think that playing the starters during preseason is really not necessary and provides more downside than upside. Yea fans want it but who else?? College football teams don’t play preseason and they do just fine rust or not. The purpose of preseason is to determine what non starting or bubble players drafted and otherwise get cut or kept. (And for the league to generate publicity and income). It really puts starting players at risk for injuries ... they may get injured during the season but at least it counts. We know who the starters are for the most part so play the others to both get them in game practice situations /film and determine who will provide the best backups. I’m all for playing starters one quarter of the last preseason game or less.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Make it 4. Seriousness of all unknown but the trainers are busy and GRob is in the game.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick Foles, tackled in endzone for safety, just got picked.....

Iggles starting C, Kelcey, hurt.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Some fans will naturally fear that certain Rams starters could come out flat or rusty in week 1 because of getting no preseason snaps.

I have complete faith in McVay and his coaching staff to have this team ready for the opener.

head-coach-sean-mcvay-of-the-los-angeles-rams-during-an-nfl-game-the-picture-id900664212

I've heard the excuses bantered before and after the Falcons loss. Resting the starters in week 17 last season was not the reason the Rams lost the game. Comparing apples to potatoes:cool:

Pharoh Cooper played in week 17 when the most of the starters rested.

Hmmmm who had 2 horrible fumbles that set the table for that game? ;)

No way to know and can be argued. One thing is certain you don't get better or build continuity without playing.
I hope you are right this time though my Ram brother