Marshawn Lynch reportedly seeking new deal with expected holdout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
How many people here remember Christine Michael in college. I don't. but I know his SPARQ scores were outstanding. I don't watch much PAC football but I knew who Lynch was. The whole country knew who he was because of how good he was. I don't think Michael had the same level of success as Lynch did in college.

I know that the Seahawks lean heavy on SPARQ scores. I hope they are relying on them too much in this case and trade Lynch and give Michael the job.

Turbin scored pretty high and he is not as good as Lynch.

A55VA6

Legend
To be honest, Christine Michael is a pretty good talent. Seahawks might have a solid player there.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I was hoping the Rams would draft Michaels when he came out. I am hoping I was wrong about him and he is nothing special. Really glad they took Stacy though, he wasn't even on my radar really.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
To be honest, Christine Michael is a pretty good talent. Seahawks might have a solid player there.

What do you base that on? And do you think he can be at the same level that Lynch was for Seattle? Is he th same type of bruising back that extends the plays by being so hard to tackle?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Rookie contracts aren't able to be holdouts, as I understand.

Our problem is deciding how to manage the 2nd contracts for Brockers, Jenks, Ogletree, etc as they will come due bang-bang-bang.
I think the only kind of holdout possible is simply refusing to sign with a certain team and re-entering the draft the next year. But that's not going to get you more money unless you're picked higher the next time, and hasn't been done in years.