Marcus Peters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Knee jerk much.....?
While Peters has some less than stellar habits, it's still a work in progress. He'll be better once he given the #2 guy instead of the #1. Patience is definitely a virtue.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake

Haha if he's hurt he's a liability. He's certainly been playing very poorly and you can see him favor that leg when he goes to tackle. What's worse, having to sit a good player for a week to completely heal or never have him be 100% throughout the season and never even coming close to playing at his real potential? As it sits right now he's been our worst corner on the team excluding game 1. Don't know how that's excusable. Adams made peters look like a backup today, and Adams is just an above average wr. I get he has one of the best qbs throwing him the ball but let's face it JaMarcus Russell could have hit Adams today that's how open he was
Shields is more than capable in being an average to above average for a week or so until he can make his way back into the lineup.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Knee jerk much.....?
While Peters has some less than stellar habits, it's still a work in progress. He'll be better once he given the #2 guy instead of the #1. Patience is definitely a virtue.
Considering Peters has been burned for a td every game since his injury during the Chargers game and is terrible in coverage, i wouldn't call that a knee jerk reaction. If hes not 100% he never will be if he continues playing. Why cant Shields take his spot?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I just don’t know if he’s a fit for this defense. He’s more of a Richard Sherman type where he can shut down one side of the field. He doesn’t have the speed to line up one on one. Especially with not being 100%.

He’s not causing turnovers and is still giving up big plays. When he was in KC the knock on him was he gave up too much yardage but would make up for it by getting picks. He’s not doing that this year.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Considering Peters has been burned for a td every game since his injury during the Chargers game and is terrible in coverage, i wouldn't call that a knee jerk reaction. If hes not 100% he never will be if he continues playing. Why cant Shields take his spot?
I don't know. Let's start w/ matchups. Shields does a nice job on his assignment. But he's not assigned the best receiver. And the results would be less then stellar. This version of the NFL isn't like the 70s or 80s. The rules are set up to make the offense more successful. It's more like basketball now. no one gets "shut down". And everyone has someone who given the chance will win a play or 2. As a def coor. you work to reduce those losses. I know it's not the argument you want to address, but it is the strategy they employ. Peters is the best we have right now. Even w/ the occasional wart or 2......

Ellard80

Legend
He has always been a gambler.. i don't think he is hurt... He had a couple games in a row where he didn't get targeted or beat much - today was a day where he gave up some big plays again.

It's what you are going to get with him.. but I do think he could play better.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
These coaches know who the best player is at any given position, not me.

A ferocious pass rush is the cb's best friend and AD cannot be expected to provide one all by himself on nearly every play.

We really need some heat off the edge and it looks like the draft will have to be the answer

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I don't know. Let's start w/ matchups. Shields does a nice job on his assignment. But he's not assigned the best receiver. And the results would be less then stellar. This version of the NFL isn't like the 70s or 80s. The rules are set up to make the offense more successful. It's more like basketball now. no one gets "shut down". And everyone has someone who given the chance will win a play or 2. As a def coor. you work to reduce those losses. I know it's not the argument you want to address, but it is the strategy they employ. Peters is the best we have right now. Even w/ the occasional wart or 2......
I appreciate your insight, but talking to someone like they're a child who doesnt know the subject they're talking about is not the best way to get your point across.

1. "The results would be less than stellar". Considering Peters play has been far from "stellar", that doesnt prove your point.

2. If Peters isnt 100%, that means he has been playing injured for 5 weeks now. Its not getting better. Do we put POSSIBLY inferior replacements on the field or keep playing an injured key player and have it possibly bite us in ass later in the season when it counts?

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
He has always been a gambler.. i don't think he is hurt... He had a couple games in a row where he didn't get targeted or beat much - today was a day where he gave up some big plays again.

It's what you are going to get with him.. but I do think he could play better.
I'm almost 100% ED mentioned yesterday that Peters is not 100%.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I appreciate your insight, but talking to someone like they're a child who doesnt know the subject they're talking about is not the best way to get your point across.
I wasn't speaking to you as a child. I'm sorry you have a complex, where you see yourself as one, when your opinions are challenged.

You perspective is something that cannot be employed over a season long 16 games. I'm sorry you don't agree w/ me on these points, but I am glad you are not on the coaching staff. Aren't football forum s fun? You can have any opinion......and it will not affect your own personal win/loss record. (but it can't be proven...or unproven either....). Good night.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Hes not a rookie , hes a proven commodity . He has had a few shaky games since his injury but we will need him .

Who else is gonna play ? Hill? NO!

Stick with it guys , marcus will show us why the rams picked him up

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Hes not a rookie , hes a proven commodity . He has had a few shaky games since his injury but we will need him .

Who else is gonna play ? Hill? NO!

Stick with it guys , marcus will show us why the rams picked him up
Hill has been playing, hes playing for talib.

Ellard80

Legend
I'm almost 100% ED mentioned yesterday that Peters is not 100%.

I remember a couple weeks ago someone asked McVay... his answer was a long the lines of "Peters feels great" "Read to go"... If you watched him in KC he got beat deep also at times. I'm not saying i know fora fact.. .but I really don't think its injury related.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I remember a couple weeks ago someone asked McVay... his answer was a long the lines of "Peters feels great" "Read to go"... If you watched him in KC he got beat deep also at times. I'm not saying i know fora fact.. .but I really don't think its injury related.
I think that was Cooks after his concussion, could be wrong though. Or he said similar things for both players. All i know is his opponent completion percentage was 60.9% last season, and it stands at 133% right now. Somethings not right.