Marcus Peters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Calling it now, pick 6 against Mahomes and his former team!!

You know the guy wants it so bad, just hope he doesn’t gamble too much or bite on the double moves.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Well I do appreciate that he's the kind of guy who will tough it out when he's dinged up, not all players are like that, particularly corners when it comes to their legs. But his problems cited above were mostly due to eye discipline, not his mobility.

Now Wade's not the kind of DC who will have a cow if you deviate from the call here and there and make a play. But make no mistake: when you deviate and get burned over and over we got a problem known as play the goddamn defensive call or you will be garnering some bench time. So I suspect that conversation was had, and he has course corrected and we're seeing the benefit.

Oh and lastly, if Peters wants to get PAID he has to show he can play the call. Teams aren't gonna pony up big bucks for a guy who freelances and gives up as much as he gets. So that works in our favor IMO, since we're not going to sign Peters long term and it allows us to know we'll get his best this year and next.

Wait! You don’t think that the Rams will extend Peters, Merlin?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wait! You don’t think that the Rams will extend Peters, Merlin?

No I don't 43. And I hope they don't. Not a fan, I prefer they go get a young CB in the draft who will play the call and take coaching. Peters has a lot of growing up to do and might get there some day but I wouldn't reward him with a big contract and cross my fingers.

Oh and btw Talib is a guy I was wrong about, in terms of him potentially being a distraction, fitting long-term, etc. I wasn't a fan of adding him at the time but clearly it was a great addition, of course whether they lock him up on a deal both sides can live with will largely come down to whether he can get back on the field and help us make a run.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
No I don't 43. And I hope they don't. Not a fan, I prefer they go get a young CB in the draft who will play the call and take coaching. Peters has a lot of growing up to do and might get there some day but I wouldn't reward him with a big contract and cross my fingers.

Oh and btw Talib is a guy I was wrong about, in terms of him potentially being a distraction, fitting long-term, etc. I wasn't a fan of adding him at the time but clearly it was a great addition, of course whether they lock him up on a deal both sides can live with will largely come down to whether he can get back on the field and help us make a run.

Thanks for the clarification, Merlin.

Well, I respectfully disagree. I think that Peters is a virtual lock to be extended. His maturity is growing under the leadership of Wade and his teammates.

He’s already cost us a 2nd, and I seriously doubt that we could fully replace him via draft. He is elite, when healthy. When Talib returns, our secondary becomes a QB’s nightmare. I’d much prefer to invest our premium picks in other positions.

dang

Legend
The season is young but I believe Peters has settled in and is hopefully close to 100%. He will shine and be extended. And oh by the way - both of the Rams starting CBs from last year are injured (Trumaine Johnson, Kayvon Webster) on their respective teams.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In Peters I trust, u can't teach talent. He is also learning the system.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
We have to think about sitting him he's not even close on most of his coverages. If he's not 100% even more of a reason

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Honestly, do you want to rely on Hill/Hatfield for the amount of time you sit Peters for? Hatfield's a good special teams player, and Hill is a borderline fourth cornerback, but they simply aren't Peters, even if he's not 100%.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Naw he gotta battle it out I’m sure with him being the competitor he is when he looks at the film he won’t be too happy. Overall these guys are tired going against a team that just came off a bye. Peters will get right.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We can't sit Peters. Hill is worse. Hill needs to sit for Shields. We just have to deal with Peters having bad games sometimes. Things will get better once Talib is back.

dang

Legend
I don't disagree that he is turning into a liability but who would play in his place? Is it time to trade for some help - at least until Talib returns? Note: Troy Hill had a bad game today as well.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
People need to chill, Peters is not the 100% Peters we saw at the start of the season. Dude is soldiering through some type pain and I can respect that. I hope he can get it rehabilatated. He is helping whether you think he is or not.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People need to chill, Peters is not the 100% Peters we saw at the start of the season. Dude is soldiering through some type pain and I can respect that. I hope he can get it rehabilatated. He is helping whether you think he is or not.

The bye will be good for him. Too bad that's weeks away.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don't know what you guys are seeing with hill. Peters had a far worse game than hill has had in the past couple of weeks . Yes hill had that long td today but peters has had more. I'd put in Shields and hill until peters gets his game back

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
If playing Peters delays his return to 100% health then it is certainly something to consider. He has been a liability in coverage.