Marcus Peters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MaxQ28

Rookie
When the Rams acquired Marcus Peters, I was skeptical and excited(if that's possible). He had the one INT for a TD against the Raiders and then things got frustrating. He had the games against the Chargers and Seahawks where he struggled. But over the last few weeks we haven't heard anything about Peters OR the receivers he is covering. Hopefully this is what we get for the rest of the year hopefully the bringing him in is all it was touted to be. HORNS UP!!!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Well, I chalk a lot up to his injury with regards to the 2 poor games. But yeah.... silence during a game is a good thing! Except for picks... :p

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
If you look at the video that shows him wearing horns after the game, he has an icebag on his left knee. So his day might have gotten over quicker than some. But I have not heard anything one way or another about his game. The official listing shows he started and no stats after that.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
any type of leg injury is a little more impactful on a DB than most other positions because of the plant/cutting they have to do. so I believe the calf injury really hampered his play, particular his ability to break on a ball

Ellard80

Legend
I don't have any actual stats... but it seems like teams have stayed away from him the last two games.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well I do appreciate that he's the kind of guy who will tough it out when he's dinged up, not all players are like that, particularly corners when it comes to their legs. But his problems cited above were mostly due to eye discipline, not his mobility.

Now Wade's not the kind of DC who will have a cow if you deviate from the call here and there and make a play. But make no mistake: when you deviate and get burned over and over we got a problem known as play the goddamn defensive call or you will be garnering some bench time. So I suspect that conversation was had, and he has course corrected and we're seeing the benefit.

Oh and lastly, if Peters wants to get PAID he has to show he can play the call. Teams aren't gonna pony up big bucks for a guy who freelances and gives up as much as he gets. So that works in our favor IMO, since we're not going to sign Peters long term and it allows us to know we'll get his best this year and next.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah noted that in another thread. Not hearing his name was a good thing. The Vikings game you could tell he wasn't himself. There were just a lot of plays where it looked like he knew he had an interception and broke on the ball and just didn't quite have the speed or the vertical to get it. I think he underestimated how much his injury would affect him on a few times he got burned in that 2-3 game stretch where he was less than stellar. All I know is, if him and Talib can get back to 100% by the end of the season.... look out.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Earlier in the season, the discussion was about retaining Peters and knowing that Talib was just a temp in 2018. The last few weeks, folks have been saying.."just imagine how good we'll be when Talib gets back!" or whether the Broncos or the Rams saying how much they missed Talib and that he's the answer for an improved back end.....

Will Talib be here until he retires?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Will Talib be here until he retires?

I think there's a reasonable chance that happens. He's fit in real nice and is still among the best in the game when he's healthy. Comes down to whether he can get back and help us make a run.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I think injury was the biggest reason for him struggling over 2 games . He just missed a few interceptions against the hawks , most likely would of made the play if he was 100%

He is a great athlete and I'm sure he and wade had a talking about being too aggressive on double moves . We need him to win , hes still a tremendous talent

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Peters might have had a few bad stretches since his injury... but even at 80% he’s been a huge plus with Talib out.

Losing your two starting CB’s - if nothing else - just sounds worse than having Peters work thru it.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
But over the last few weeks we haven't heard anything about Peters OR the receivers he is covering. Hopefully this is what we get for the rest of the year hopefully the bringing him in is all it was touted to be. HORNS UP!!!
I too was thinking how quiet it had been in regard to Peters. That is indeed a good thing.

In the next 4 weeks for the Rams face Rodgers, Brees, Wilson(who burned Peters), and then the young "Phenom" Mahomes. Peters and all of our corners will be tested by these guys. After this stretch I think we will truly have a good idea of what Peter's fully offers (if he is healthy).

Note: The earliest Talib can return is against Detroit in week 14 (Rams have bye week 13).

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't have any actual stats... but it seems like teams have stayed away from him the last two games.
Peters made no tackles & made no assist while starting & playing into the 4th quarter of the 9ers game. If you rewatch the game you will see Peters avoiding getting involved in tackles.

janthony6

UDFA
We will no more about the quality of his play over the next few weeks. We have a gauntlet of top qbs to beat on.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But his problems cited above were mostly due to eye discipline, not his mobility.
I think part of that gambling and being behind on a couple plays was partly if not mostly due to being a bit gimpy.

I’m not sure why he would have zero stats. I remember at least one tackle.

Ram65

Legend
Can't give Peters a pass for his poor play. Rams need him to step up and play shutdown cornerback against the top QBs coming up over the next month.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think we'll hear a lot about him come Mexico City game and I hope he goes off with a couple PICK 6s off the Golden Boy.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I too was thinking how quiet it had been in regard to Peters. That is indeed a good thing.

In the next 4 weeks for the Rams face Rodgers, Brees, Wilson(who burned Peters), and then the young "Phenom" Mahomes. Peters and all of our corners will be tested by these guys. After this stretch I think we will truly have a good idea of what Peter's fully offers (if he is healthy).

Note: The earliest Talib can return is against Detroit in week 14 (Rams have bye week 13).

Rams bye is week 12...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/24/nfl-rams-chiefs-marcus-peters-trade-colin-kaepernick/

Marcus Peters discusses trade to Rams
By: Cameron DaSilva

gettyimages-1031095198.jpg

It was a trade-filled offseason for the Los Angeles Rams, acquiring the likes of Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib and Brandin Cooks all in a short span. The moves have helped them to a 7-0 start with the best record in football, even with Talib on IR due to an ankle injury.

Peters was the first domino to fall as they surprisingly acquired him from the Chiefs after he spent just three years in Kansas City, two of which ended with Pro Bowl selections, including Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2015.

He effectively replaced Trumaine Johnson as the No. 1 corner in L.A. before Talib’s arrival, getting a fresh start after a somewhat rocky tenure with the Chiefs. He’s always been an outspoken player in the NFL and never minces words, which likely played a role in his departure from Kansas City.

In a wide-ranging interview on the Logan Murdock Podcast, Peters discussed his trade from the Chiefs to L.A. and how it all played out.

“I was in bed in Hayward. But when I first found out I was on the block, I was in L.A., I want to say All-Star weekend. I’m with eight family members and stuff, we’re out here chillin,’ I had stuff to do for Adidas,” Peters said.

That was when he found out he was traded to the Rams. however, he first heard about the fact that he was on the trade block from his friend who saw it on the internet.

“My homeboy was like, ‘Hey, you see they put you on the block?’ I’m like, ‘What?’ And he was like, ‘Yeah, they talking about trade rumors and stuff,’” Peters recalled. “Then my agent hit me like, ‘Hey, what’s up? If you’re seeing some stuff out there, it may be true – not maybe, but it’s true. So you’re out there, so some stuff might be happening.’”

Peters, who’s from Oakland and grew up in the Bay Area, was happy to return home to California. He’s been welcomed with open arms by the city and by the team as a whole, but they weren’t the only team from his home state that showed interest in him.

According to Peters, the 49ers – who he called “Frisco” – were also in the mix for the All-Pro cornerback.

“So my agent had a conversation with a few teams and it came down to ‘Frisco and the Rams. Had a few other teams who were just kind of last minute who didn’t really know what they were going to throw out there. So our last little situation came with Frisco and the Rams,” he said.

“To be honest with me, I wanted to go to a situation where I knew that they had a good coach, a good system to where I knew I could play in on defense, an organization that was really hungry and willing to go out there to get players who are good – an organization who is willing to win.”

He continued: “I seen the situation with the Rams, with how they went from a losing season, they get a new young head coach, and as you go on, you’re watching the season, and you’re like, ‘Man, Rams are having fun out there. They went like eight weeks with an interception on the first possession of defense. They got Aaron Donald. That would be dope. So I’m like, I would love to go play for the Rams if they would like for me to be there.”

Now in Los Angeles, Peters wants to be there to stay.

“They picked up my option, but you never know how some [expletive] happen, but I wouldn’t want to go nowhere with them re-signing AD, with them re-signing B (Brandin) Cooks, re-signing Todd (Gurley),” he said. “You got Jared (Goff), he’s ain’t going nowhere, let’s just be honest. When you look at what we have with the youth and you look at what we can do over those years, why would you want to leave that? Why would you want to make that sacrifice of going somewhere else and you know it’s not going to be better.

“I don’t see no youth right now out there that’s really doing it.”

The full interview is definitely worth listening to, which you can do here.