Marcus Peters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
He is very defensive in that video. He kept saying that's football, yes JV football.
I'm not sure he has the mental tools to get better after listening to that. LOL
I thought he was going to go Ryan Leaf on the reporter, that would have been fun to watch.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought he handled that interview very well. Like many other posters have said, he owned up to it, he believes in himself and his team, and that's football. I would be more worried about the tackling. When gurley or Woods got outside, it only took 1 defender to tackle them. But Kamara and others were breaking tackles everywhere!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Idk what happened to this guy, went from shutdown corner to our weakest link .

Yes safety coverage could be better over the top , but this is not the marcus peters we watched in KC.

Hopefully Talib is back after the bye and wade can figure this out.

Ellard80

Legend
I said “if”. Forgot you were the team trainer lol

McVay said Peters wasn't injued weeks ago, Peters said the same (he got pissed at the question) last night.

So yeah I'm not the trainer, but hey I believe the head coach and the player.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
McVay said Peters wasn't injued weeks ago, Peters said the same (he got ticked at the question) last night.

So yeah I'm not the trainer, but hey I believe the head coach and the player.

Players and coaches always tell the truth lol. There is a difference between banged up and injured. If you read my original post, I said "If he is banged up, more reason to give him help"
Should of given help regardless, but I put that in another thread.

Ellard80

Legend
Players and coaches always tell the truth lol. There is a difference between banged up and injured. If you read my original post, I said "If he is banged up, more reason to give him help"
Should of given help regardless, but I put that in another thread.

So Mcvay and Peters are lying - k that's what I thought you were saying.

I believe them... since that injury happened like 6 weeks ago.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
So Mcvay and Peters are lying - k that's what I thought you were saying.

I believe them... since that injury happened like 6 weeks ago.

Wow, unreal. Im done here. Feel free to pick and choose arguments with someone else.

Ellard80

Legend
Wow, unreal. Im done here. Feel free to pick and choose arguments with someone else.

lol k bro - you did say they weren't telling the truth so don't get mad at me!

But hey our argument will have no outcome on what actually happens in the game...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
lol k bro - you did say they weren't telling the truth so don't get mad at me!

But hey our argument will have no outcome on what actually happens in the game...

Your a good dude, that is the only reason I am even responding again. A player can be banged up and not injured. It happens all the time. No coach or player is going to say or admit to being banged up, at least not one that is good.

My original post was about Peters perhaps being banged up. Do I think he is injured? No. Do I think he is 100%? No. I think he has a nagging injury that he can play through that is effecting his performance.

I go back to my original point here. Peters was not the problem. The pass rush was not existent today. There is not a CB in the NFL who can cover Thomas that long and for the most part Peters had pretty good coverage.....last play excluded lol. There were some key 3rd down plays in which the Rams did not provide help and it cost them.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Peter's play has been bad, but Joyner's play is just as bad if not worse. I watch him miss several tackles every game that would have been big plays (preventing 1st downs etc.). Plays he would have made last year he is missing this year. Joyner's play is as big a reason this D isn't performing to expectations as Peter's play, IMO. I figured there was a reason Reid was willing to trade Peters, so I'm not as surprised at his poor play as I am at Joyner's. Hopefully Peters can start making the big plays he's known for. Right now having to pay him 9m$ next season is bad enough, but no way he's getting a 2nd contract from the Rams unless he gets his play straightened out.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
For peters to be peters jump routes ball hawk gamble etc he needs safety support

Part of this goes on the DC..........on a couple of these bombs he has been burned on there is nobody behind him ot they are on the o5ther side or in the box.

If he isn't playing well, and he isn't, give him help for fucks sake.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I read a lotta negative remarks about janoris jenkins in comparison to Peters, but he was WAY better as a Ram than Peters is now. Peters has been burned more in the last 2 games than jenkins ever was.

Instead of staying away from him (jenkins), he's being attacked (Peters)!

With Regards to Joyner...who is this imposter out there? Poor tackling, late to the point of attack, nonexistent in help or coverage. Whoever this guy is wearing #20, he needs to step up.

fearsomefour

Legend
Your a good dude, that is the only reason I am even responding again. A player can be banged up and not injured. It happens all the time. No coach or player is going to say or admit to being banged up, at least not one that is good.

My original post was about Peters perhaps being banged up. Do I think he is injured? No. Do I think he is 100%? No. I think he has a nagging injury that he can play through that is effecting his performance.

I go back to my original point here. Peters was not the problem. The pass rush was not existent today. There is not a CB in the NFL who can cover Thomas that long and for the most part Peters had pretty good coverage.....last play excluded lol. There were some key 3rd down plays in which the Rams did not provide help and it cost them.
Kept waiting for the Rams to bracket Thomas.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
A lot of have been saying it will get better when Talib returns. I've said it myself. But I also have to wonder, if things are this bad with the loss of one guy, were we really any good to begin with. Is his return going to all of sudden transform what has been a leaky defense into a good one? Will that help with the run defense too?

I want to see them fix some things before Talib's return. I have a feeling if they don't, when he returns we're going to be disappointed they're not much improved if they don't get better before he returns.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think most fans, me included, got wrapped up in the "star" names on the D.....Donald, Suh, Peters, Talib.
But. Things don't always work as drawn out on paper. There were and still are question marks at LB. Joyner is missing tackles and not making plays. Don't know if that is scheme or him just having a down year. His lack of size did show up when he found himself trying to take on Kamara one on one.
The Rams are in a good spot and should be a 12-14 win team barring anything unforeseen.
They may end up being a great offensive team with a couple of fatal flaws on D. A team that goes 13-3 and loses badly in the playoffs. It happens. One thing for sure though the Rams still have some time to get things figured out.
Playing well on D vs Seattle will be a big step one. All but closing out the division is always big.
With this O the D just forcing two more stops a half makes this team very daunting indeed.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also Suh has been really quiet and has not made an impact on this defense. But at least he isn’t costing this team points like Peters.

they better double Thomas.

You can't leave a guy out on an island that can't cover effectively and furthermore you can't put a guy on their #1 wr that isn't doing his job.

Brees had all day

Not sure why they didn’t double Thomas

I blame the game plan more than Peters.

As McVay and Wade would tell you, it's on them to sit the unhealthy player or work around it and if anything, Wade's giving Peters too much credit and not giving him as much help as he should have with his injury.

As for his intelligence, one of the things Wade talked about was Peters' football IQ. I defer to Wade.

I think unpacking this defensive performance is far more complicated than most fans want it to be, but it sure as crap isn't just "Peters is bad."

I just think this D has been in flux all season and hasn't really been able to settle in like they did even last year.

Peters definately off his game but safeties are not helping.

eah, this defense is definitely not playing at a playoff level, much less championship level.

Some thoughts:
* Just for the record, I think he may have a nagging injury. He's not going to use it as an excuse.
* Where are we getting the notion that he's somehow not intelligent (fake news?)
* I trust Phillips... but my trust is starting to erode. Last year, the defense might get torched in the first half, but he seemed to make a habit of shutting them down - through adjustments - in the second half.
There's been some of that this year... but the word I'd use for effective adjustments - and the defense overall - is "inconsistent"

Phillips absolutely should have made the adjustment on the Thomas/Peters situation - either double team him or get some Safety help. Bellichick made damned sure his defense knew where Adams was last night at all times... and double teamed him. Smart.

What Phillips did in the second half? Not so smart.

Phillips needs to take along look in the mirror and take stock of how his defense played the past two weeks against very good QBs. His defense beats mediocre ones... but the really good ones? Got very fortunate that Rodgers didn't get the ball back for a last drive with some time. Can't predict how it might have turned out but - all I can say is - I'm glad it never came to that!

And Brees... Phillips needs to think about how the Rams got zero sacks in the game... and, really, not a lot of pressure. The NO Oline handled the star-studded Rams Dline pretty handily.

Whatever adjustments Phillips has made at half-time the past two weeks against really good QBs haven't been effective.

Got to figure that out because... you know who gets into the playoffs, as a general rule? Teams with the really good QBs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Phillips absolutely should have made the adjustment on the Thomas/Peters situation - either double team him or get some Safety help. Bellichick made damned sure his defense knew where Adams was last night at all times... and double teamed him. Smart.

And Brees... Phillips needs to think about how the Rams got zero sacks in the game... and, really, not a lot of pressure. The NO Oline handled the star-studded Rams Dline pretty handily.

Good post @Rmfnlt and on these two points I will add this.

Not enough good safety help, there is no reason a player should get 12 catches on 15 targets for over 200 yards. That's fucking terrible defense and he should have gotten more attention from Wade. That's his job, it was obvious Peters couldn't cover him very early on and no adjustment to get him help.

Donald got 4 hits on on Brees..........the rest of the team got ZERO. Brees had way to much time and picked the Rams apart on midrange passes.