Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone call the cops. Led Snead trade-raped the Chiefs.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I know it'll be nice to have that savings from paying Peters instead of TruJo but I can't help but want to spend some of that money and one of our 6th round picks to trade for Talib. Make sure we get him, resign Joyner and NRC and run with a disgustingly good secondary. Imagine having Webster when he returns as your 4th CB and Hill at 5 Peterson at 6.
That would be awesome if they did that, would make keeping Quinn worth the cap hit.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We robbed them. :yay:
Billboard.gif

Camera's flashing.gif

Fist Bump.gif

Happy Days.jpg

he's right you know.jpg

Jackie-Gleason-.jpg

"How Sweet it is!!!!"

IMG_51954121005792.jpeg

winner1.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know it'll be nice to have that savings from paying Peters instead of TruJo but I can't help but want to spend some of that money and one of our 6th round picks to trade for Talib. Make sure we get him, resign Joyner and NRC and run with a disgustingly good secondary. Imagine having Webster when he returns as your 4th CB and Hill at 5 Peterson at 6.
I like the idea, but why use a Draft pick on Talib when it's 99.9% sure he's going to be Cut by the Bronco's! Just sign him after he's Cut!;):D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the idea, but why use a Draft pick on Talib when it's 99.9% sure he's going to be Cut by the Bronco's! Just sign him after he's Cut!;):D
Why run the risk of somebody paying him more than we would in free agency. We have four picks in the sixth round. Are those so valuable that we can spend one on a corner like Talib? I bet he’s better than any corner we could get with that pick.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope we pick up a good kicker with one of those 6th rnd picks. LOL do we know Greg’s status?

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Why run the risk of somebody paying him more than we would in free agency. We have four picks in the sixth round. Are those so valuable that we can spend one on a corner like Talib? I bet he’s better than any corner we could get with that pick.

12m is a lot to pay though

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
12m is a lot to pay though
It’s $11M this year and $8 next. A two year $18 million contract isn’t outrageous for him even at his age. And when his contract is up is when we have to resign Peters.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
It’s $11M this year and $8 next. A two year $18 million contract isn’t outrageous for him even at his age. And when his contract is up is when we have to resign Peters.

Oh it's not outrageous for talib at all but almost certainly more than he'll get on the open market hence why teams aren't trading for him. And could more than likely be outside the Rams price tag depending what happens with other players

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Marcus Peters coming up on NFL Network

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He's not a good fit next to Ogletree? If Barron had played the same number of games, he would've ended up with more tackles than Ogletree.

So, if Barron is let go, will Ogletree stop missing assignments and stop missing tackles?

Yes, you are right. It appears it's the Rams decision to go with Ogletree for the long haul. I'm OK with it. I just think that up to this point, I think Barron has been a a beter LB pound for pound.

Barron is a bit smaller than Ogletree. The coaches may think Alec is more likely to hold up over time.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Wasn't Peters one the players who knelt during the national anthem ?

Wasn't the Rams one of the teams who didn't have any players kneel during the knelt during the national anthem ?

wonder how that is going to play out

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
FWIW's when Peters threw the flag into the stands, it was after the officials had called the Chiefs for pass interference/defensive holding on four straight plays on the goal line, two of which were on 4th downs...Now I'm not condoning the behavior, but the officiating was atrocious and Peters just reacted in frustration....I recall when I was playing in college and while pass blocking a defensive lineman inadvertently tripped over my leg:whistle: and then yelled out something to me, that I did not hear. I followed him into his defensive huddle for clarification ("Are you talking to me" moment) got flagged for 15 yards and benched for the rest of the game, but sometimes you just react.

No need to elaborate Coach. It is very apparent to all of us here that you are a hothead that regularly loses control

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Wasn't Peters one the players who knelt during the national anthem ?

Wasn't the Rams one of the teams who didn't have any players kneel during the knelt during the national anthem ?

wonder how that is going to play out

He didn't kneel, he just sat there like he didn't care.

I'm over this, and as with everything else NFL these days, all I care about is how he plays on Sundays/Mondays/Thursdays and the occasional Saturday.