Manziel questions fairness of Browns looking elsewhere for a quarterback

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Not to mention he doesn't even have a gun for an arm. When you miss reads, try to run, then float one to a receiver, that's just a collosal f--- up. He's barely got the goods physically, not even close mentally. He's slightly better than Austin Davis. And that might be reaching for a positive.

He might have more potential than Austin Davis but at this moment in time he's not better. And it's not close.

Again, that's based on a tiny sample size, for both players. But so far, Manziel flat out sucks.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He might have more potential than Austin Davis but at this moment in time he's not better. And it's not close.

Again, that's based on a tiny sample size, for both players. But so far, Manziel flat out sucks.

Right you are. Would you take a flyer on Johnny Diva?

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I went to the Cowboys draft part at our stadium. When we were on the clock, the MC there actually had the crowd chanting "Joh-nny foot-ball." When we picked Zack Martin (who will be in the pro-bowl as a rookie), I was ecstatic. 31 teams dodged the bullet of the century. Cleveland goes through qb's like I go through socks.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Right you are. Would you take a flyer on Johnny Diva?

Absolutely not. The bare minimum anyone needs to have success on this league is a work ethic. He doesn't appear to even have that.

FRO

Legend
I went to the Cowboys draft part at our stadium. When we were on the clock, the MC there actually had the crowd chanting "Joh-nny foot-ball." When we picked Zack Martin (who will be in the pro-bowl as a rookie), I was ecstatic. 31 teams dodged the bullet of the century. Cleveland goes through qb's like I go through socks.
I was so nervous the Rams were going to take him at 13. I was on the Donald bandwagon. For once in my life I was right and I was on it early. I was ecstatic when we picked him. I was equally ecstatic when the Browns picked Manziel. I didn't want the guy on my team.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

I can imagine how Dallas is pleased with Martin. I was really hoping he would be our 13th pick at the time, but I'd say things worked out ok with Donald. :)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I was so nervous the Rams were going to take him at 13. I was on the Donald bandwagon. For once in my life I was right and I was on it early. I was ecstatic when we picked him. I was equally ecstatic when the Browns picked Manziel. I didn't want the guy on my team.

I can't claim I knew about Donald, as I was focused on OL, but I was worried about we'd draft Manziel as well. Very relieved when we passed in the first, and just as glad someone else took him before we wasted a second on him.

FRO

Legend
I can't claim I knew about Donald, as I was focused on OL, but I was worried about we'd draft Manziel as well. Very relieved when we passed in the first, and just as glad someone else took him before we wasted a second on him.
I had convinced myself we were taking him. Even with the mess out QB situation has become I'm still glad we didn't take him.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I can imagine how Dallas is pleased with Martin. I was really hoping he would be our 13th pick at the time, but I'd say things worked out ok with Donald. :)
I was wanting Donald as well, since we were the 32nd ranked defense in 2013. But yes, having probably the best o-line in the league now is fun.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Well, just for fun: Manziel or Tebow?

Between those two I'd take Tebow and it wouldn't even be a tough decision.

And I don't think that Tebow is necessarily good enough to maintain a starting job in the NFL. But I'd say he's good enough to be a backup. I question Manziel's ability to be on a practice squad at this point.

FRO

Legend
Well, just for fun: Manziel or Tebow?

Between those two I'd take Tebow and it wouldn't even be a tough decision.

And I don't think that Tebow is necessarily good enough to maintain a starting job in the NFL. But I'd say he's good enough to be a backup. I question Manziel's ability to be on a practice squad at this point.
Manziel is a better passer. Tebow will put more time into it. I would take Manziel, but they both suck.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Manziel is a better passer. Tebow will put more time into it. I would take Manziel, but they both suck.
The only thing that I see that Manziel offers is some scrambling ability. But Tebow's got enough of that to where I don't even know if it's an advantage for Manziel. But, let's give him the edge in scrambling ability just to be fair. The drawback though then, is that with that scrambling comes his mini-stature and his susceptibility to injury. Which has already happened.

So, I don't see where Manziel brings anything to the table better than Tebow. The one thing he's better at is something that will likely make him miss playing time. Which, now that I think of it, might actually be the best for whatever team he's on. So, maybe Manziel is the better choice. He's likely going to not be a part of your team a lot faster than Tebow would!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-night-party-led-to-players-saturday-tardies/

Report: Manziel’s Friday night party led to players’ Saturday tardies
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 28, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq3m2mzmwyxotzinjgznje1yzcyndc2nzy2mjg3mjy2-e1408420190366.jpeg
AP

Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel’s tardiness on Saturday morning was precipitated by a late night of partying on Friday.

Manziel was fined for being late for treatment on his injured hamstring on Saturday, and Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that Manziel’s tardiness came after he threw a big party on Friday night, attended by many members of the team. La Canfora reports that other players were tardy on Saturday as well, although those players’ names have not been revealed.

It’s not clear whether Josh Gordon, who was suspended by the Browns for missing Saturday’s walk-through practice, was one of the players who attended Manziel’s party. But La Canfora reports that the Browns had to send their security staff to Manziel’s house to track him down on Saturday.

Manziel is on injured reserve, so he wasn’t going to play today anyway, but the fact that he’s showing up late for work — and that his party is leading other players to be late to work — is extremely alarming behavior for a franchise quarterback. Have you ever heard of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson hosting a late-night party that resulted in themselves and teammates showing up late to work the next morning?

Manziel claims he’s taking his work seriously, but talk is cheap. Manziel’s actions suggest that he just doesn’t get it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-night-party-led-to-players-saturday-tardies/

Report: Manziel’s Friday night party led to players’ Saturday tardies
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 28, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq3m2mzmwyxotzinjgznje1yzcyndc2nzy2mjg3mjy2-e1408420190366.jpeg
AP

Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel’s tardiness on Saturday morning was precipitated by a late night of partying on Friday.

Manziel was fined for being late for treatment on his injured hamstring on Saturday, and Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that Manziel’s tardiness came after he threw a big party on Friday night, attended by many members of the team. La Canfora reports that other players were tardy on Saturday as well, although those players’ names have not been revealed.

It’s not clear whether Josh Gordon, who was suspended by the Browns for missing Saturday’s walk-through practice, was one of the players who attended Manziel’s party. But La Canfora reports that the Browns had to send their security staff to Manziel’s house to track him down on Saturday.

Manziel is on injured reserve, so he wasn’t going to play today anyway, but the fact that he’s showing up late for work — and that his party is leading other players to be late to work — is extremely alarming behavior for a franchise quarterback. Have you ever heard of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees or Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson hosting a late-night party that resulted in themselves and teammates showing up late to work the next morning?

Manziel claims he’s taking his work seriously, but talk is cheap. Manziel’s actions suggest that he just doesn’t get it.

Wow, he's already a cancer and his first season isn't even wrapped up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow!

This isn't going well for Cleveland.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Looks to me many Browns players ended up the season on a HIGH beginning Friday Night.