Malcolm Brown to the Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Thought it was BAL's T Brown for a sec. That woulda been blockbuster.

Well, considering that the Dolphins are likely going to draft Sewell with the pick the Texans owned (gee, Texans, wouldn’t it be nice to have Hopkins, maybe Van Jefferson or Mims, and a chance to draft one of the better left tackles in recent years over Tunsil and a whole lot of nothing?)...well, they probably don’t need Orlando Brown.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I referred to his career, you point to the senior bowl, and I am the one being selective?

I guess I will favour the scouts over you on this one.

Time will tell, and there will be plenty of picks before he hears his name called, so there isn’t much point in getting into semantics with you. They are interesting reports so consider reading past where you got.

Either way, by your own logic Mason is a far better blocker than Juszczyk was coming out and better on teams to boot - so there is that :) but heh ho.

It turned out that Juszczyk can block even if he mainly caught passes coming out of college. So who knows, maybe the scouts are right and Mason will prove adept at catching passes out of the backfield in a west coast offense. He has run for more touchdowns than Juszczyk ran for in college but maybe that is labouring the point :biggrin:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I referred to his career, you point to the senior bowl, and I am the one being selective?

Lets say you are being equally selective, kinda like those who have taken an instant fascination to Meinerz.

Mason had a great 2018, but new coaches effectively silenced him for 2019 and 2020. The Senior Bowl is what put him back on the map.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets say you are being equally selective, kinda like those who have taken an instant fascination to Meinerz.

Mason had a great 2018, but new coaches effectively silenced him for 2019 and 2020. The Senior Bowl is what put him back on the map.
Actually, those of us who are familiar with him know that he wasnt "silenced" in 2019, he played primarily on defense and ST and didnt move back to offense until mid season. This despite Evans being suspended and Higdon graduating. Sure, it was the coaches.... Whatevs, some people get all jacked up over 1 game, a senior bowl at that, and the player is never heard from again. Guess we have a month to hear his name bantered about
I've never mentioned Meinerz name, not sure where that comes from

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Actually, those of us who are familiar with him know that he wasnt "silenced" in 2019, he played primarily on defense and ST and didnt move back to offense until mid season. This despite Evans being suspended and Higdon graduating. Sure, it was the coaches.... Whatevs, some people get all jacked up over 1 game, a senior bowl at that, and the player is never heard from again. Guess we have a month to hear his name bantered about

Or not, FB's don't get much airplay.
Yes, his getting snaps at LB only enhances his overall skillset & diversity, but he is best known for his plays during the 2018 season, both at FB, HB, his blocking abilities & Special Teams. I have him as a 6'th round prospect, and he's credited with being the best FB in his class, and however slight the chances of for him becoming a Ram, I hope he pulls it off. jmo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or not, FB's don't get much airplay.
Yes, his getting snaps at LB only enhances his overall skillset & diversity, but he is best known for his plays during the 2018 season, both at FB, HB, his blocking abilities & Special Teams. I have him as a 6'th round prospect, and he's credited with being the best FB in his class, and however slight the chances of for him becoming a Ram, I hope he pulls it off. jmo.
They dont get airplay when they dont play, which is why the idea of drafting him is laughable. The best FB in the class? That's like being the thinnest "Biggest Loser" contestant when the show begins. There hasnt been a FB drafted since 2017. The dude is clearly a tough guy, must work pretty hard, but unfortunately isnt good at any position

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
They dont get airplay when they dont play, which is why the idea of drafting him is laughable. The best FB in the class? That's like being the thinnest "Biggest Loser" contestant when the show begins. There hasnt been a FB drafted since 2017. The dude is clearly a tough guy, must work pretty hard, but unfortunately isnt good at any position

Jim Harbaugh appears to disagree, but then again what does he know :D

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC8DIaWmjU4

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jim Harbaugh appears to disagree, but then again what does he know :D
Man, well that changes things! I mean what head coach has ever repped a player of his? Probably never happened before....
I suppose "Rudy" would have gotten drafted in today's world :cool:

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Man, well that changes things! I mean what head coach has ever repped a player of his? Probably never happened before....
I suppose "Rudy" would have gotten drafted in today's world :cool:

'The lady's not for turning' :LOL: I get it, but I had to try

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Should bring back Brian Leonard as that FB/HB HYBRID

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Hopefully Hendo's lost time due to injuries are a thing of the past now. Xavier could step up as third.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I CALL BS !! First off Malcom Brown did a lot for The Rams. So in one sense he was a Hybrid-RB . You have to play special teams in The NFL.

Loser has nothing to do with anything. I don’t even have to look at some Harbaugh video to get the passion & love he has for this so CALLED player he is talk about. I’m shorting my points for now on though.
We can continue on ??? Might take a second or a couple days I@ll look back.

We can all joke as we feel free. I will say I have always felt & loved Jim Harboughs passion though.

Is he a DICk ?? ABsolultly

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I CALL BS !! First off Malcom Brown did a lot for The Rams. So in one sense he was a Hybrid-RB . You have to play special teams in The NFL.

Loser has nothing to do with anything. I don’t even have to look at some Harbaugh video to get the passion & love he has for this so CALLED player he is talk about. I’m shorting my points for now on though.
We can continue on ??? Might take a second or a couple days I@ll look back.

We can all joke as we feel free. I will say I have always felt & loved Jim Harboughs passion though.

Is he a DICk ?? ABsolultly
Malcolm Brown? What does he have to do with this? We're talking about fullback, the position that almost doesnt even exist in the NFL anymore. A true fullback hasnt even been drafted since 2017. So being the best fullback in the draft is meaningless.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Malcolm Brown? What does he have to do with this? We're talking about fullback, the position that almost doesnt even exist in the NFL anymore. A true fullback hasnt even been drafted since 2017. So being the best fullback in the draft is meaningless.

The Rams drafted Rogers. Brown beat out Rogers for the roster spot. I look at SF & them resigning a FB. Brown is a core special teams guy. He was the best blocking RB on the Rams.The RB for GB out of BC is a FB type of RB.
A true FB without a chance to run the ball is not out there. Floyd from SF was aFB/RB type.When Rogers was drafted the key thing he had to do to make The Rams roster were special teams,blocking, occasional run,catching the ball out of the backfield. He would work hard on the ball machine after practice & running routes with the backup QB.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We're talking about fullback, the position that almost doesnt even exist in the NFL anymore. A true fullback hasnt even been drafted since 2017. So being the best fullback in the draft is meaningless.

LOL
Seattle and SF have a different opinion, and have spent some cash recently making that apparent to all.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Why is A FB brought up on a Malcom Brown to Dolphins thread. I feel lost here. Hello is anybody out there ?
Hello

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why is A FB brought up on a Malcom Brown to Dolphins thread. I feel lost here. Hello is anybody out there ?
Hello
Because you joined a conversation that was discussing Ben Mason

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL
Seattle and SF have a different opinion, and have spent some cash recently making that apparent to all.
Exactly my point.
A position that barely doesnt exist anymore. Juszczyk is a damn good player, but he's one guy, and Ben Mason is no Kyle juszczyk