Malcolm Brown to the Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That is a skill that can be taught. And required for a starting back.

Kind of a catch 22 if you want the best RB on the field but the other guy picks up the blitz better.

Maybe Stafford's ability to be more mobile will make up for this difference.

WINNING!!!

I totally get the valid point brother.

Flying home today—SWA

Malcom was good & will be fun to watch in Miami. They kicked The Rams & Goff’s butt.

Stafford is going to make a difference & just look at the RB’s coach. He will have the young RB’s ready.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
May our new #4 RB actually be a FB/HB. And i'll again nominate Michigan's Ben Mason ... A top blocker & Special Teams demon.

I love this player! Check out this report. Mason fits our scheme like a glove.

If you doubt it, see how much SF paid to keep their pro-bowl FB. For me, Mason is the best FB for quite some time and very similar to Juszczyk. Great at blocking, catching and has plenty of pop in short-yardage situations. Maybe I am biased because I grew up watching Tom Rathman, but Mason would kill it in our scheme

One problem, I am not so sure Mason lasts until the 6th let alone the 7th so it might depend on whether we trade back. This is a copy cat league and it seems to me as people transition to west coast offenses FB will become more sort after

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wonder if the Rams roll with Xavier Jones at RB3. They seem to be missing a pounder. I like the committee approach but it seems it works best with different role players, i.e. power/speed/shifty

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For me, Mason is the best FB for quite some time and very similar to Juszczyk. Great at blocking, catching and has plenty of pop in short-yardage situations.
He has 3 career catches and hasnt scored a rushing TD since 2018. Juszczyk was a stud TE in college and it still took him a couple seasons to develop his game in the NFL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Every time this team was in a situation where they needed Brown he let them down. When Gurley got hurt Brown disappeared. Last year Brown was handed a golden opportunity to hold it down while Akers was coming online but he couldn't do it. And that is, btw, a backup RB's most important job.

Brown's a tease. And a low end talent tease at that. You can find physical backs in every draft outside the early picks. Glad he moved on tbh.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if the Rams roll with Xavier Jones at RB3. They seem to be missing a pounder. I like the committee approach but it seems it works best with different role players, i.e. power/speed/shifty
Jones seems like a "McVay back" to me, which is to say a guy who can factor into the passing game. Not sure how good he is but there were a lot of rumors of him impressing in camp. And Snead mentioned they were willing to play him in the playoffs. So yeah I think he gets a chance to compete for that backup role. Because remember, Brown wasn't the only depth option who has disappeared when needed the past couple years, Hendy is guilty of that too.

Have to think they stand pat at RB which is almost too bad because every time I run a draft on one of those sites I find myself staring at highly ranked backs at almost every pick lol.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would love to see them grab a fullback / short-yardage back in the draft with one of the extra sixth-round picks that Snead will certainly end up with at some point.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jones seems like a "McVay back" to me, which is to say a guy who can factor into the passing game. Not sure how good he is but there were a lot of rumors of him impressing in camp. And Snead mentioned they were willing to play him in the playoffs. So yeah I think he gets a chance to compete for that backup role. Because remember, Brown wasn't the only depth option who has disappeared when needed the past couple years, Hendy is guilty of that too.

Have to think they stand pat at RB which is almost too bad because every time I run a draft on one of those sites I find myself staring at highly ranked backs at almost every pick lol.

If I was the GM I’d be wanting to move on from Henderson. My plan would be to give his RB2 spot to Jones and draft another back. Despite the quality depth they have the Rams runningback squad is only an injury or two from extremely thin.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I was the GM I’d be wanting to move on from Henderson. My plan would be to give his RB2 spot to Jones and draft another back. Despite the quality depth they have the Rams runningback squad is only an injury or two from extremely thin.
I don't disagree on Hendy. Getting the feeling he's more concerned with his hair extensions than his future in this league. Just a suspicion of mine. But the main reason is I don't think they can rely on him to be available when needed either.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
He has 3 career catches and hasnt scored a rushing TD since 2018. Juszczyk was a stud TE in college and it still took him a couple seasons to develop his game in the NFL.

You are being a little selective. As the report is also based on the senior bowl, where he made a splash. As a result, he maybe moving up draft boards...

See, for example:

Who ever plays 3rd TE or 3rd/4th RB will see limited action unless they play special teams (he is an ex linebacker who played on the DL in college) and offers something different - he might be the best blocker in this class when in space! He does provide pop in short yardage and has showed up as a pass catcher in front of scouts at the Senior Bowl.

All players drafted later will have question marks but his are fewer than most to my mind and he could produce straight away as a valuable role player in our system.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

$1.75m fully guaranteed? well done to him. he's made a good salary out of being a back up rb.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good luck to Malcolm. I was expecting him to leave for a better role.