LT Poll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

At LT…

• Roll with AJ Jackson

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Sign a FA (Tyron Smith?)

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Draft a LT at #19

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Sign AJax, draft a LT on day 2, best man starts.

Votes: 52 55.3%

• Total voters

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn't really thinking about PFF until it got mentioned . . . and you didn't respond to the amazing fact that PFF had . . .

Puka Nacua as their #1 rated receiver for 2022 (NCAA) and . . .

Kobie Turner ranked as the #1 DT (in NCAA in 2022 along with Jalen Carter).

Nobody had Nacua rated high and certainly nobody had both Nacua and Turner rated highly!

If that doesn't cause someone to step back and say . . .

"PFF must have a pretty good rating system", I don't know what would.
Who gives a damn about PFF and how they rated those 2 in last years mock when we're talking about Tyron Smith. Who gives a damn what PFF thinks Smith could possibly get paid. Also for the record that wasn't PFF coming up with that salary for him it was them quoting the market value estimate from spotrac.

Tryon Smith cannot stay healthy it's a simple fact. Do you agree with that statement of fact?

If you do how are you going to address the at least 6 games as many as 14 games that he will miss based on the last 8 years where he hasn't been able to stay healthy? If he is actually going to miss a bunch of games like he has for 8 years is it worth it to sign him?

20hrswk

UDFA
Who gives a damn about PFF and how they rated those 2 in last years mock when we're talking about Tyron Smith. Who gives a damn what PFF thinks Smith could possibly get paid. Also for the record that wasn't PFF coming up with that salary for him it was them quoting the market value estimate from spotrac.

Tryon Smith cannot stay healthy it's a simple fact. Do you agree with that statement of fact?

If you do how are you going to address the at least 6 games as many as 14 games that he will miss based on the last 8 years where he hasn't been able to stay healthy? If he is actually going to miss a bunch of games like he has for 8 years is it worth it to sign him?

"Who gives a damn about PFF and how they rated those 2”
- I was pointing out I think PFF gives out valuable information in response to you saying you don't think they do.

"Who gives a damn what PFF thinks Smith could possibly get paid."
-It's relevant to discussing what Rams could do at LT"

"Tryon Smith cannot stay healthy it's a simple fact. Do you agree with that statement of fact?"
- I would more say he hasn't stayed healthy in the past few years, but the next 3 years, I don't know - nobody does
- I agree that he hasn't been "a picture of football health" in the last few years. (like a lot of NFL players)
- Trent Williams missed 13 games in the 3 years before SF. Niners are happy that didn't deter them from getting him/greatness at LT.
- Smith played every snap in Dallas' last 10 games. He is healthy now/at this time.

You win Super Bowls with players like the best pass blocking LT in the league - Smith.
Certain players in the league change game outcomes. Smith is one of those. He is an absolute wall in pass pro.
You're not going to like this, but PFF rated Smith the #1 pass blocking tackle in the NFL last year.
Alaric Jackson was rated 37th.
I want Stafford to have time to throw/Rams to win. Smith gives the Rams a much better chance at both.
If you have a chance to get such a player, I think it makes sense to explore the possibility.

Is there risk? yes, but I would take the risk to increase the chances of winning the Super Bowl. I don't want to be the niners and come up short because we didn't get great players when we had the chance - see Stafford, Von Miller, Beckham, Weddle in '21 run.

You'll really like this one, but I would check out the David Bakhtiari situation as well - still a game changer if healthy.

"If you do how are you going to address the at least 6 games as many as 14 games that he will miss based on the last 8 years where he hasn't been able to stay healthy?"
- nobody can predict his or any other NFL player's future health
- I’ll use the 2nd round pick from AJ to replace AJ and help backup Smith should he miss games

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I only know what scouting reports say about him. He's a bigger, mauler type. But fundamental issues with things like footwork and movement make him a project. I suppose with Jackson holding down the fort for a year or two he could be a future replacement.
Then you should watch the Senior Bowl practices. He was one of the better Tackles in Pass Pro

TexasRam

Legend
If I could bring Tyron Smith in for $7 million a year I would.

In fact it would be negligent not to.

We are in a 1 or 2 year window here and Smith would be a massive upgrade over AJ.

It also gives us depth which is critical. Use AJ as the swing tackle/guard.

I don’t need Smith for 16 games. I need him down the stretch for the playoff run.

But can we get Smith for $7 million per year? I doubt that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
- Trent Williams missed 13 games in the 3 years before SF. Niners are happy that didn't deter them from getting him/greatness at LT.
- Smith played every snap in Dallas' last 10 games. He is healthy now/at this time.
It's like comparing apples to a polar bear
Assuming you're a big Madden fan...
Smith on a cheap 1 year prove it deal with a ton of incentives AND bringing back AJ? Sure, why not.
Reality? Dallas letting him walk says that aint happening

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
We basically have to draft an Offensive Tackle in the first three rounds. Hav is getting up there in age.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I am in the minority here, but I am looking for my man Jackson to play lights out this season and set himself up for a big payday in 2025.
any chance that by upgrading the interior OL, that in itself may help Jackson out as well ??

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why? We already have McClendon who started ahead of Mims while at Georgia. 8 college starts does not scream NFL talent.
I'm thinking Alt would be better than Mims these days. Go GET ALT!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So how much cap space with Noteboom's reworked deal do they save?

Edit: Nevermind. Just noticed the thread on it. Saves 8.4 million. Nice.