Losing My Faith in Van Jefferson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I think it might be a good idea to sit Van for a game or two and see what Robinson could do with the opportunity. It may be what Van needs to put some fire in his belly and a little stickum wouldn't hurt either.

dang

Legend
I think Van plays pretty well considering he was getting the full attention of the hags defense. He made a couple of nice catches, the third and ten was crucial.

Yeah he dropped the one where he was wide open, that sucks but he still produced in the #1 role and pulled coverage from the other guys.

I don’t see Atwell bumping him when Kupp comes back. Atwell will be sinking fast and probably only get limit time behind Kupp, Van and Puka.
Atwell is a completely different weapon than Jefferson. Jefferson is fighting for the WR2 role.

muggmeister

Rookie
Atwell is a completely different weapon than Jefferson. Jefferson is fighting for the WR2 role.
In 3 weeks he will be fight fighting for a roster spot when Kupp comes back. Van has HAD opportunities and never took the baton. He doesn't possess Puka's ability to beat coverage or Atwell's speed to outrun coverage. As a fan I hope he steps up sooner than later but he hasn't in 3+ years and I for one am not expecting it.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I get that VJ's overall performance as a former #57 pick could be described as "adequate, at best." That said, if he makes that big catch last Sunday and finishes with 5 receptions for 70 yards, are we having this conversation right now?

Let's hope he makes amends this weekend.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What we need from Van is consistency. Him playing well here and there is not gonna be enough for McVay. So playing well vs SF would allow some shit stirring in threads but for Van to turn the corner requires he string games together where he is making a difference out there for us. Not showing up every three or four games.

MachS

Hall of Fame
He doesn't track the ball well, doesn't have good hands, and lacks confidence. All things you cant teach and are innate in good WRs. To me this has been evident for two years now. He'll be off this roster sooner than later IMO.

Kupp
Puka
Tutu
Van
Skrow

oldnotdead

Legend
Geez dudes maybe we should lose faith in Stafford. Nacua had more drops so he's garbage too I guess. How about Matt simply missing the throw? We see that every game, just proof that Stafford is washed up.

Jefferson was wide open in the end zone in the Super Bowl and Stafford flat out miss threw the ball. It happens. Jefferson made a difficult catch on 3rd and long as well. These things happen. Kupp has dropped an occasional pass do we trade him? Every receiver drops balls, it's a fact of life.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Geez dudes maybe we should lose faith in Stafford. Nacua had more drops so he's garbage too I guess. How about Matt simply missing the throw? We see that every game, just proof that Stafford is washed up.

Jefferson was wide open in the end zone in the Super Bowl and Stafford flat out miss threw the ball. It happens. Jefferson made a difficult catch on 3rd and long as well. These things happen. Kupp has dropped an occasional pass do we trade him? Every receiver drops balls, it's a fact of life.
I agree. As a fan, you have to take the good, take the bad, take 'em both, and there you have...

(Sorry, couldn't resist. :sunglasses:)

oldnotdead

Legend
If Robinson has a good season he could make the roster allowing them not to extend Jefferson who can go to Detroit to play with Goff. Detroit needs WRs badly. Extending Robinson would be a bridge to draft and develop a WR next year.

Ellard80

Legend
Check out the stats and you’ll find Kupp and Jefferson both drop 1 pass per 10 catches.
Not sure what that is supposed to prove....kupp is inconsistent in his hands historically as well... but he also makes some tough tough catches and with Van that is pretty non-existent.

Not to mention the other mountains of productive points.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Check out the stats and you’ll find Kupp and Jefferson both drop 1 pass per 10 catches.
May I ask where you got that stat?

The one I found said he has 25 career drops which, compared to his 508 receptions, would equal 1 per 20+ catches.

It also said he has 25 drops out of 542 "catchable" passes (meaning that 9 were catchable, but broken up).

Jefferson, by contrast, has 9 drops and 97 receptions, which is much closer to 1 for every 10 catches.

Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
May I ask where you got that stat?

The one I found said he has 25 career drops which, compared to his 508 receptions, would equal 1 per 20+ catches.

It also said he has 25 drops out of 542 "catchable" passes (meaning that 9 were catchable, but broken up).

Jefferson, by contrast, has 9 drops and 97 receptions, which is much closer to 1 for every 10 catches.
Oops. I was doing it in my head, which isn’t very consistent. My bad.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Being Van's final year on the 4 year deal he better find a way to be Stafford's favorite or second favorite target. Or his next contract will be a prove it deal somewhere else.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Van Jefferson shouldn’t even be in the NFL.
~ Kadarius Toney

Crazy Eyes Chiefs GIF by The Undroppables

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's time for Van Jefferson, Skro, and Tutu Atwell to step up. Kupp has carried the wide receiver room since he stepped on the field. This is your opportunity, guys. Show the world what you can do and capitalize off of it. I'm pulling for all of them.