Looks like Joyner got the tag.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If college start costing people millions then something is terribly wrong.
Ooops.....I heard it somewhere....can't find it...

https://loans.usnews.com/how-much-will-you-need-to-send-your-child-to-college-in-2030

Assuming junior is going to opt for a value education from a public school, you’ll want to know what the cost of college will be in 2030. According to the US Department of Education, the average annual cost of public school increased 6.5 percent each year over the last decade. That means that by 2030, annual public tuition will be $44,047. The total cost for a four-year degree will be more than $205,000.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
What about kids, family, mother & father?

You know they estimate the cost of college in 20 years to be about a million...don't know if that's one year or 4.
I've earned between 60 and 100k a year last 30 years and put my kids thru collage paid medically bought houses and going to retire comfortable. I said without investing. With investing his family his kids family's should be fine. Maybe even without touching principle.
Look, all I'm saying is from the point he signs this contract, there is no reason he shouldn't be financially secure.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Look, all I'm saying is from the point he signs this contract, there is no reason he shouldn't be financially secure.
Yeah....but dudes that come from nothing...spend money differently....sorta like spoiled kids....don't realize how hard it is to accumulate wealth....I got a nephew....dude has 50 pairs of shoes...fuckin shoes! No clue...

If he spends his money wisely....yeah....but most don't....I'd guess he needs about $50 million in wiggle room.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he spends his money wisely....yeah....but most don't....I'd guess he needs about $50 million in wiggle room.

There is no amount of money that protects from idiocy. The more money you have, the faster you can blow it all. He has enough with this contract to live extremely comfortably this next year, and be able to invest $4 million or more after taxes still.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wondering if The Rams will try to workout a long term deal , or continue to build through within at FS position.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If college start costing people millions then something is terribly wrong.

It's already wrong.

More of the cost of college goes to things beside education than the education of the student, itself.

It's already wrong. I mean, so many who get a relevant education are hundreds of thousand in debt for no reason than colleges and universities want "amenities" to entice students.

It's a shame. That money would be fantastic in the economy...

Psycho_X

Legend
Geez, I post an article because I thought it showed how well Joyner was taking the tag compared to most people and being mature about it and everyone jumps on his ass because the reporter makes a comment that he has no financial security. Joyner never said that. Here are the only actual quotes from him just fyi...

“The goal is to get a long-term deal done – we’re still in the process of that – but I’m fine with it,” Joyner said,via Alden Gonzalez of ESPN. “I have a lot more good years left, I believe. So this deal won’t hurt anything as far as my career and my future.”

“I’m an under-the-radar guy,” he said. “I believe in letting the chips fall where they may. When I was franchised, it was just like, ‘OK, so, now I have another opportunity to win a Super Bowl with this organization and also continue to see where they see me at as far as their future plans.’ That was my whole thought process on it.”

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Geez, I post an article because I thought it showed how well Joyner was taking the tag compared to most people and being mature about it and everyone jumps on his ass because the reporter makes a comment that he has no financial security.
dude is severely overpaid....my only comment.

dang

Legend
dude is severely overpaid....my only comment.
He was tagged. There’s no negotiating $$$ if you are tagged. He was top 5 safety this year getting paid off his rookie contract. Please explain how he is SEVERELY overpaid.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He was tagged. There’s no negotiating $$$ if you are tagged.
Actually, there is a period where you can try to negotiate a contract...Like right now...it ends in July...or August...
Just being tagged doesn't mean there wasn't a discussion where a new contract wasn't discussed. I'd assume you tag guys after trying to come to terms, but were unable to do so.
He was top 5 safety this year getting paid off his rookie contract.
Keep hearing top 5...top this...top that....SAYS WHO? Did you watch our defense? Did you see one player top 5 at anything besides Donald? Maybe Brockers???

You don't pay guys TOP dollar that have one or 2 DECENT seasons....JMO....

And, again, my opinion....he's performed poorly for 3 years....decent for one.....and he's a top paid safety? Get outta here...3 interceptions in 4 years...I won't go into all the long runs and where the fuck was he....
Please explain how he is SEVERELY overpaid.
See above....What does Earl Thomas rank in salary? And he's declining....How about that guy Berry in KC??? Hell, look no further than Eric Reid....Probably coulda got him for 3 years at the same total amount. Safeties I'd rate higher? Well....

Smith....Ha Ha....dude with the Raiders....for 3 more...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755357-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-free-safeties-of-2017-season

Ram65

Legend
Always interesting to catch up on an older thread. Here it was page 3. Things have settle down and Watkins was give a mega deal that the Rams couldn't and wouldn't math. Oh well.

I'm not sure why the Rams could not get a long term deal with Joyner done.

I don't Joyner will go any lower and he'll probably want more. Just my half-thought-through quick guess. This looks good for both sides. It's a little steep (high cost) for the Rams but, worth it he he stays healthy. The franchise tag is trouble for the Rams.